Reasons not to use Overclockers (OcUK)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
we ordered a wireless router from OC.uk and it never turned up, they wouldnt reply to emails, didnt do phone support so did a charge back :p

we then ordered the same router from dabs and it took 4 weeks to turn up (after we had complained again and again and eventually they sent a 2nd one out)

it was registered as "signed for" on the order page yet i came home to find it lying half opened on my doorstep :p

nothing was taken or damaged though which i guess was lucky :p

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Gef said:
Them:
This was the report off one of the other technicians:
Received with damage, SATA data port snapped, not transit damage. Looks like user damage. Warranty void.

I had the same problem with a CPU about 5years ago(with OCUK). It was dead when I tried to use it, so I sent it back. They checked it over and returned it claiming I damaged it during the installation!

It's impossible to prove where the damage occured.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
If they're being arsy gef you might want to get some legal advise or talk to someone at the CAB - if you begin the returns process immediately then you should get a refund or replacement (if I were you I'd demand a refund).

As per the OFT's site: "Remember, guarantees add to your legal rights – they don't replace them." Voiding your warranty doesn't remove the right to reject goods when you buy them online.

Useful info here: http://www.oft.gov.uk/Consumer/Your+Rights+When+Shopping+From+Home/default.htm

Yes, it's impossible to prove where damage occured, but if you try to return immediately after receiving the goods then the law will tend to favour the consumer over the seller.

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
Cheers Danya, my mother has worked for the CAB for the last 25 years, i'll see what she reckons.

PS. Dont use overclockers.co.uk! cockbadgers!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Overclockers support by e-mail is dodgy. Get them on the phones though and it'll be sorted nice and easy, in my experience.

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
Update: Have managed to contact Western Digital and they agreed to replace the drive, should be with me in a few days. Now that customer service! Last time I use Overclockers though..

CurryKnight

Fledgling Freddie
I like OCuK, nice webby, good product range, they could do with waivering the shipping fee on pricey orders tho.

Gray

FH is my second home
Agreed OcUK probably has the best layout in terms of finding things easy, whereas other sites like Aria/Ebuyer it tends to be a struggle to find anything by a particular make.

But i have not, as yet had any problems with OC

Embattle

FH is my second home
Had trouble with dabs with them taking two months to get my camera last year and now having trouble with OcUK.

Gray

FH is my second home
Hmmm, having somewhat of an issue with OcUK at the moment (rah), on Sunday i purchased some memory from them as well as some other stuff, total amount came to £200+.

I set it to Amtrak Next Day delivery because i needed the memory as soon as possible. Its wednesday now 4 days after the order was placed and OcUK havent even sent me confirmation email to state that the order has been passed to Amtrak.

The order recently showed on my Credit Card so i dont know what the hell they are playing at? I expected since i paid £8-9 for next day delivery - to get it next day, not 4 or 5 days after?

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
Bought a Razer Diamondback magma yesterday, it arrived today. Great service..
If only the mouse didn't have a button which I can't seem to switch off, on the right hand side where my fingers go.. keeps weapons for me in counterstrike while im trying to shoot!

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Gray said:
Hmmm, having somewhat of an issue with OcUK at the moment (rah), on Sunday i purchased some memory from them as well as some other stuff, total amount came to £200+.

I set it to Amtrak Next Day delivery because i needed the memory as soon as possible. Its wednesday now 4 days after the order was placed and OcUK havent even sent me confirmation email to state that the order has been passed to Amtrak.

The order recently showed on my Credit Card so i dont know what the hell they are playing at? I expected since i paid £8-9 for next day delivery - to get it next day, not 4 or 5 days after?

Demand full refund on the delivery. They've failed to deliver within the timeframe you've paid for.

I'll assume it is next working day, which should've been Tuesday.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
See, the thing is about internet sites, they're all bloody cheap but sometimes you can't beat walking into a shop, handing the man some money, and pointing at what you want. Then, you walk out of the shop with it.

Always seems to work well for me.

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
Actualy im a bit bothered that i've been done on shipping. I choose next day amtrak because it was only 50pence more than Royal Mail Special Delivery. So I paid £8.50 for shipping for my mouse.

Now, on the tracker information it says that it weighed 5KG, no way does my mouse+box weigh 5KG, it's a razer diamondback magma and I doubt it even weighs 1KG to be quite honest.

I could personaly send it much cheaper so why can't a company? Why is it listed as 5Kg when it's clearly not..

Gray

FH is my second home
Hm, emailed em earlier today theyve stated the memory was out of stock - Therefor nothing was sent out.

I probably wouldnt have found out if i didnt query, they said expected timescale is around a week for new batch... Had to change my order.

If i dont get the memory by Friday im not going to be a happy bunny

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Earl said:
Now, on the tracker information it says that it weighed 5KG, no way does my mouse+box weigh 5KG, it's a razer diamondback magma and I doubt it even weighs 1KG to be quite honest.

It's probably weight brackets to make things easier and so it might fall in to that bracket since it's above the lower one. I agree though, it's pretty lame.

SiD

Fledgling Freddie
Ch3tan said:
The only company I have ever had problems with ordering online is Dell. Huge customer service team, years of experience, no communication what so ever. Took me over 6 months to get a refund of £60, and no compensation for time or phone calls and faxes sent.

We exclusively used dell for our work, we are still fighting them to send us the tft monitors that they promised in thier 'offers' page, they keep saying that the offer had ended when we placed the order 6 days before hand and because they were so damn late in getting them to us 2 weeks later it was out of offer. One machine wouldn't be bad but 14? :/

As for OCuk, I've never had problems with any of their products, infact they are a damn sight better than some other companies mentioned in this thread. Lets face it computer parts fail from time to time be it from just bad manufacturing or bad practice in using them. I had ram fail on me 7 months after buying it and was send some out the next day from them. I think the service could be alot worse and still better than most other places :)

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
I recently placed an order with them, which included the new saitek eclipse keyboard, total came to about £170. It's backordered because of the keyboard being continually delayed (and now the expected shipping date is end of july, when I originally placed the order at the end of may). I checked my statement recently to find they immediately charged my card for the entire order, despite them not being able to ship it for 2 months! That's not on, as they are basically earning interest on my money! I'm sure it's against visa/mastercard T&C's.

I contact them through the webnote system, and they say this is standard policy, they charge the card so that 'i'll keep my place in the queue'. So I find a cheaper supplier for everything but the keyboard, and only keeping the order for the keyboard with ocuk.

I'm sure no large reputable companies charge for an order until they are ready to pack, so why do ocuk?

Seriously considering not using ocuk in future because of this policy.

Gray

FH is my second home
I did notice they charged my card as well straight after i took the order, but was concerned as to why nothing was emailed to state that it was out of stock. I mean, when youre filling out the card details - they ask for a contact number, what use is putting down the contact number if they dont contact you when something goes wrong...

Anyway, they changed my order, and instead of the Geil memory i had to go get some Corsair, it was only about £2/3 dearer but ah well.. Noticed i got an email back to state it was despatched today, so im hoping (!) that it gets delivered tomorrow

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I thought it was illegal to charge for goods you could not supply immedietly

Athan

Resident Freddy
Aria are normally good for me, but the past week or so they've turned into tossers.

Wanting to play the Battlefield 2 demo I ordered a GF 6600 GT to replace my aging, but still not all that shonky, gf4ti4800. Also bunged a silver 3.5in FDD in to make the gf happy as the beige one doesn't match her new case. FDD arrives Tuesday (had ordered late Friday, so this was reasonable), but no sign of the video card. So I get on the phone to them, and get reminded that the video card was being sent from a different location and should be with me "today or tomorrow". I did at this point recall *ONE* of the ordering screens saying something about items being sent from separate locations, but that was the only place it said it, not on anything I could look up later. The specific phrase on the phone was "direct from the supplier".
Like bollocks was it. By yesterday afternoon (now "the day after tomorrow") I email them to find out what's happening. "Oh, it's out of stock, should be more in 7-10 days". So I attempt to cancel the order (no reply yet, must prod them again today), and go and order from Dabs instead.
THAT video card is already showing as 'out for delivery' with Parcel Force today :D.

In short, Aria are probably still ok if everything is being sent direct from themselves, but if any order page says "items will be sent from different locations", cancel the damned thing and go with someone else. Their system plain can't cope with this kind of order for keeping you up to date (the Order page only ever showed the one Citylink entry, which was for the FDD, nothing at all for the video card, if I'd not phoned them I'd have just ended up waiting another 2 weeks for it).

I think in future I may decide to check out what the Tottenham Court Road computer fair is like these days.

-Ath

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Ch3tan said:
I thought it was illegal to charge for goods you could not supply immedietly

That's what I thought as well, although something about 28 days pops into my head, and I don't know why. I can find no mention of it online, I may have to speak to trading standards about it.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Earl said:
Actualy im a bit bothered that i've been done on shipping. I choose next day amtrak because it was only 50pence more than Royal Mail Special Delivery. So I paid £8.50 for shipping for my mouse.
I find special delivery is the most reliable delivery actually. And it's guaranteed next day by 1 pm.

inactionman said:
That's what I thought as well, although something about 28 days pops into my head, and I don't know why. I can find no mention of it online, I may have to speak to trading standards about it.
It's 30 days, check the link I posted earlier in this thread: http://www.oft.gov.uk/Consumer/Your+Rights+When+Shopping+From+Home/shopping+from+home+wrong.htm
Office of Fair Trading said:
The seller must deliver your goods by the agreed date. If no date was agreed, the seller must deliver within 30 days of the order being placed.

The seller should let you know if the goods can't be delivered on time. If you don't want to give the seller more time, you should have a full refund within 30 days.

If the date for delivery has passed and you haven't received anything, treat it as though you had never placed the order. If you have already paid, demand a full refund.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom