realy silleh

Luona

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh if its 66000 items missing from our accounts do you really think we can remember all of em by heart ?

Originally Posted by requiel shoutbox
[04:55 PM] Requiel: There's going to be a small rollback to wednesday morning. Anything you got after thatpoint will be lost and won't be restored.
[04:55 PM] Requiel: If you had something before that that went missing as a result of the bug then it will be restored
[04:56 PM] Requiel: Mythic deleted somewhere in the region of 66,000 items

comeon now ^^ it cant really be our responsiblity to send you an email for each and every account we own. really silleh in my humble opinion

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
I kinda agree.. haven't been much active up until the server lockdown, but I have several characters, all with 2+ toa templates done, 1 equipped and additional templates in their inventories.. housevaults, CM's and what not.. there is no way on earth that after almost 2 weeks of server downtime I'm gonna be able to remember if I lost something or not..

aika

Part of the furniture
Even more stupid is that they are going to compensate the lost items with money. Will be great fun losing very rare items like sillia's necklase, zahur's ring etc and then get payed like 1p for them :p Come on if you want to restore the players faith in you at least replace them with the actual items and not money!

ashenshugar

Fledgling Freddie
Nausilus^^ said:
I kinda agree.. haven't been much active up until the server lockdown, but I have several characters, all with 2+ toa templates done, 1 equipped and additional templates in their inventories.. housevaults, CM's and what not.. there is no way on earth that after almost 2 weeks of server downtime I'm gonna be able to remember if I lost something or not..

How did you setup your templates ? If you used Loki or any other SC calc and saved it you could refer to that.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
yeh i happened to take pictures of all of my vault pages on all of my chars, every inventory slot, every house vault just before server went down.

ashenshugar

Fledgling Freddie
I agree , my house vaults are stacked with items that i saved for alts and my CM has a bunch of items stored there too, and Im not going to remember everything there. :mad:

But I know at least what I have on the toons Backpack and Equiped as I still have most of the templates stored in Loki.

Luona

Fledgling Freddie
lucky for us we get compensation in bling bling and dollars ingame :D

A

Aoln

How does getting cash = compensation for rare items?

How are they going to judge how much money for what? Some items are going to be very costly or hard to find to replace, sounds like a load of shit tbh ;|

Luona

Fledgling Freddie
10gold for each uv value ... haha i have no clue really ^^ sarcasm off

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
ashenshugar said:
How did you setup your templates ? If you used Loki or any other SC calc and saved it you could refer to that.

I use kort's calculator, but some templates were done prior to format harddrive, so I don't have all templates on my computer.

It's not so much the templates that worry me, as I do have quite a good idea of which items I use in which templates, but it's more the fact that I have housevaults and several characters and item mules with vaults full of odd items and whatever. And again, I haven't been very active lately anyway, so I shouldn't be as affected as many other players who play on a daily basis, which was more my concern. If they deleted 66.000 items and there is a rough playerbase of 1500 players on prydwen, then that's a fucking lot of items per player :)

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Makes me glad my accounts were inactive at the time

I feel sorry for the players affected though :|

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
What makes you think only active chars inventories were affected? I assume a lot of stuff that was corruped was on chars that have been inactive for a long time, and possibly won't ever be renewed, that's why the number of deleted items is so high.

ashenshugar

Fledgling Freddie
Nausilus^^ said:
I use kort's calculator, but some templates were done prior to format harddrive, so I don't have all templates on my computer.

It's not so much the templates that worry me, as I do have quite a good idea of which items I use in which templates, but it's more the fact that I have housevaults and several characters and item mules with vaults full of odd items and whatever. And again, I haven't been very active lately anyway, so I shouldn't be as affected as many other players who play on a daily basis, which was more my concern. If they deleted 66.000 items and there is a rough playerbase of 1500 players on prydwen, then that's a fucking lot of items per player :)

If thats correct it works out at 44 items per player so chances are we are all affected :(

Cylian

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
[04:55 PM] Requiel: There's going to be a small rollback to wednesday morning. Anything you got after thatpoint will be lost and won't be restored.

sooo, that's how GOA handles items being lost to them screwing up ? great.
what happened to "if you lose stuff due to a technical malfunction at GOA, we'll restore it" ?

brad

Fledgling Freddie
TBH that just completly sucks, and if that is the case that on average weve lost 44 items each i think we should be offered a little bit more regarding in compensations since, some of these lost items may have taken days/weeks/months of trying to get.

They imo should think of along the lines of ofering a free ml10 charcter per acc, or the items that people have lost should be made easier to get or like increase drop rates or instead of rcieving 1 item on a ml raid let there be just say 5 of the same dropped item, since alot of people temps include ml items.

And since there just giving out money for these items and not actually giving you them back thats aload of crap tbh.

im not impressed with the compensation at all when they offer you like camp bonuses or underdog bonuses. TBh how is that going to affect the aevrage player, all the 50's have been screwed over and like 50% claiming keeps bonuses will make anyone feel better.

O look everysingle keep in the frontiers is level 10 thats looks fun. And how is that going to improve the game?

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
good thing i sell every single thing worth of value i obtain :D so all thats left is my chars templates, if theres a space, i know whats missing ;)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Elitestoner said:
good thing i sell every single thing worth of value i obtain :D so all thats left is my chars templates, if theres a space, i know whats missing ;)

Good plan :)

yurithegreat

Banned
Oh great i got 3 chars holding all my scrolls + 2 chests with loads more
Banks are full on nearly every char aswell with scrolls and drops
Aswell as all my drops i been saving for salvage
Had MP armors on my cm aswell as 2 pages of 99% quals plate/cloth
Scroll sets, remains, aqua eyes, behemoth pots and thats only my main account
My BB account has 3 pages of drops what i intended to salvage the day the server went down, more scrolls, and more crafting materials
And i gotta remember what i had??

Best give me an extra 3 days subscriptions while i work it all out
Did i mention i had about 15p atleast...... i`d rather have my items back then the plat

polza

Loyal Freddie
i can understand peps wantin there stuff back, but why would u get given stuff that u didnt have before the server crashin i dnt get the reasoning behind that.

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Luona said:
Tbh if its 66000 items missing from our accounts do you really think we can remember all of em by heart ?

Originally Posted by requiel shoutbox
[04:55 PM] Requiel: If you had something before that that went missing as a result of the bug then it will be restored
[04:56 PM] Requiel: Mythic deleted somewhere in the region of 66,000 items

comeon now ^^ it cant really be our responsiblity to send you an email for each and every account we own. really silleh in my humble opinion

LOL-ROFL_Copter.gif

Noli

Fledgling Freddie
I only hope my gov hasent gone missing from my inv.

Mey

Part of the furniture
Someone of thoes items could be random crap dropped by NPC such as "golden nugget!"

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
If rare items are missing from my templates I will simply not play them anymore until I cba to do another one.

And I am talking about items like Feathered Wrap, sililias ring/neck, zahurs ring, ring of heavens, ML9.10 leggings etc etc.

How are u suppossed to give me enough money for that? And what good will it do when there are no sililias rings no zahur rings no ring of heavens no ml9 leggings for sale AT ALL.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Leel said:
What makes you think only active chars inventories were affected? I assume a lot of stuff that was corruped was on chars that have been inactive for a long time, and possibly won't ever be renewed, that's why the number of deleted items is so high.

It may be that inactive accounts were affected, if so the way they're dealing with it definately sucks donkey dick because how am i supposed to know every item i had on my characters that have been inactive for 2-3 months?

Though im not suprised with the way this is being dealt with.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Where are people getting this 4.4 items per player stat from? There are over a million characters in the current Prydwen database, given the maximum number of characters that can be on an account is 14 (10 live + 4 deleted), this is approximately 70,000 accounts worth assuming that each account is as full as it can possibly be (which they generally aren't).

As far as the restoration of items is concerned, we will restore what we can. If you had an artifact or non-tradeable quest reward it will be replaced, other items will be discretionary and will come down to us being reasonably sure that you had the item. If we can be, it will be restored. If it's not possible to tell what you have lost or the item is not restorable (ROGs, crafted equipment for example) we'll give you cash to compensate for it. Really, wait and see how it's handled before complaining about what you think we may or may not be doing.

The reason we can't automatically give back what was lost is because we don't know what it was. As I've said elsewhere every single one of those 66k items was a corrupt entry that was unreadable. We have no way to tell whether the entry was an empty space that was filled with random numbers or was an actual item that had become garbled. Not every single 'item' will necessarily be something, some will be blank spaces that were corrupted, others will be worthless junk. As I've said, where the item is valuable (i.e. worth the time it takes to report it), we'll replace it.

Cylian

Can't get enough of FH
unless I missunderstood you, everything we got after wednesday morning gone <poof> and won't be restored, no matter what, right ?

so if I got a nice rare item on wednesday afternoon, it's just gone. No item, no compensation, no nothing ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom