Realmwar-page for Europeans?

Mellon

Fledgling Freddie
Can someone let me know wether Europe have got our own Realmwar page?

I didn't find any links on war-europe.com and then tried logging in to the (american) RealmWar page on EA Mythic | Warhammer Realm War, but it wouldn't allow me. I've only been in the beta for a couple of days, so I guess it could be as with the beta-forum-access (compare: https://forums.freddyshouse.com/warhammer308/229958-access-beta-forums.html) and it just takes time to activate.

And all this is assuming that the realmwar pages are available to the beta testers yet, wich I believe them to be...

Please enlighten me :)
/Mellon

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Nah, dont think we have one. I beats me why we cant just have a copy of the sweeeeet american page. The EU page is so utterly bad. I know they said it will be redone, but why even waste the resources? It will probably still be asswipe flash crap. ARGH!

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
The fact that we lack the features of the US website in my opinion speaks louder then all GOA's promises of equal service.
I still can't understand why we don't even have a beta-center so we can input our beta keys and get them verified that way.

Promises are easy to give, but the actual fulfillment of them is harder. Equal to, and sometimes surpassing, service level to the US includes the website. And it will include it in Open Beta as people have paid for that, and thus become customers.

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
I agree, compared to the USA page, the European one is crap.

I dont understand why they do this, it only leads to people getting annoyed.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
Why do u wanna login there? US and European beta's are seperated and we can only log in to our own. Wich is only different in layout.
Always nice to see the frustrated kids answer these threads and rant on GOA for no reason. To be patient aint smth for some of you i guess.

ok that was my response to those twits answering before me. Now the usefull bit will come in pm to the one who asked.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Why do u wanna login there? US and European beta's are seperated and we can only log in to our own. Wich is only different in layout.
Always nice to see the frustrated kids answer these threads and rant on GOA for no reason. To be patient aint smth for some of you i guess.

ok that was my response to those twits answering before me. Now the usefull bit will come in pm to the one who asked.

Funny you should try and call people kids and twits simply because we do not fall down in awe based on promises and vague statements of "soon" (tm), which haven't been delivered on.
So little one (you), do try and get a clue before lecturing other people, or at least bring some fresh attempts at insulting people :twak:

Methos

Loyal Freddie
Funny you should try and call people kids and twits simply because we do not fall down in awe based on promises and vague statements of "soon" (tm), which haven't been delivered on.
So little one (you), do try and get a clue before lecturing other people, or at least bring some fresh attempts at insulting people :twak:

The game isn't even live yet, you're not paying for anything related to warhammer. What grounds do you actually have to complain about anything GOA does in relation to warhammer?

Also, if someone calls you childish in your way of posting, don't prove them right in your very next post. ;)

Personal attacks are so 2007.

Simmo

Fledgling Freddie
The level of information is far better on the US site and i seem to just like the layout better also, easier to find what im looking for, not to mention its updated alot more than ours.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
The level of information is far better on the US site and i seem to just like the layout better also, easier to find what im looking for, not to mention its updated alot more than ours.
Please don't register here and hit us with well-balanced, clearly written and reasoned mature posts. It will not be appreciated. (It certainly won't be expected :cheers:)

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
The game isn't even live yet, you're not paying for anything related to warhammer. What grounds do you actually have to complain about anything GOA does in relation to warhammer?

Also, if someone calls you childish in your way of posting, don't prove them right in your very next post. ;)

Personal attacks are so 2007.

Actually - I've already bought the CE version of the game, and that makes me a customer. The fact that the game isn't live is not the only service along side with this purchase.
Second there is the information level, it took what - a week or more - before the EU site was even updated with the information about the cut-classes. Until then they were still visible - and that is a clear cut sign of how little communication is prioritized and that we should indeed just use the US website - but we can't for all our services.
Then GOA can post on sites like this and WHA and promise all they will, yet we see nothing but promises still.

And when the promises we hear are so lofty and nothing still changes for the public, then I do get anxious for when the game in fact do go live, and whether GOA can lift their promises.

And it might be slight and small concerns in some peoples point of views - but if they can't even lift the challenge of a working website containing the same services as the US version - services which have been available for a long time, then what on earth makes everybody so sure they'll be able to deliver on their promises.

I've said often that I hope they can deliver - and when (if) they do - I'll be there in first line to praise them for it. But I'll not fall down in awe based on promises and mentions of services "soon" (tm), and I'll continue to raise concerns when I see them. Despite what some people might like or dislike.

Oh and the "childish" remark was sarcasm 101. It is always fun when somebody younger calls people "kids" et al because he disagrees with the points.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
I really don't understand why just don't go copy & paste everything they do on USA,much less changes for screw ups and even if there was some they could always blame Mythic

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
I really don't understand why just don't go copy & paste everything they do on USA,much less changes for screw ups and even if there was some they could always blame Mythic

In all honesty i don't know why there is more than 1 site catering to everyone, but thats just my opinion.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
In all honesty i don't know why there is more than 1 site catering to everyone, but thats just my opinion.

Perhaps MMO companies don't think us gamers are tech-savvy enough to type .com URL instead of ..... ehh .com URL :D

But yeah - I agree it is strange in this day and age. Forums I can understand - to a degree - but this differentiating between customers like this just seems so 1995 when the net was new.

Simmo

Fledgling Freddie
Please don't register here and hit us with well-balanced, clearly written and reasoned mature posts. It will not be appreciated. (It certainly won't be expected :cheers:)

I'm sorry posting retarded things just doesnt come naturaly to me, maybe after a while here i will learn!

Mellon

Fledgling Freddie
Now the usefull bit will come in pm to the one who asked.

Thanks a lot for the info Enli. And people, please ease up on the whining. We are going to get to play an awesome game, and we are going to have loads of fun. I'm pretty sure I'll feel that I'll get value for my X euros per month, no matter if the Realmwar page is available or not.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
WoW in Europe has identical system to what it has on USA and that really don't seem to bring it down. Best customer support by far aswell

Now if only it would be decent game on itself.

Methos

Loyal Freddie
Actually - I've already bought the CE version of the game, and that makes me a customer. The fact that the game isn't live is not the only service along side with this purchase.
Second there is the information level, it took what - a week or more - before the EU site was even updated with the information about the cut-classes. Until then they were still visible - and that is a clear cut sign of how little communication is prioritized and that we should indeed just use the US website - but we can't for all our services.
Then GOA can post on sites like this and WHA and promise all they will, yet we see nothing but promises still.

Well if you aren't in the beta i think i can tell you the GOA staff seems hard at work. And if you are in the beta, then you can obviously see that for yourself.:D

The fact that you bought the CE gives you rights as soon as the game gets to open beta, not before that. And i bet i'm making a safe assumption when i say that when the game goes into final 'open' beta, there will be a place on the website you can enter that beta key.

And when the promises we hear are so lofty and nothing still changes for the public, then I do get anxious for when the game in fact do go live, and whether GOA can lift their promises.

The problem is that GOA doesn't make many promises because people tend to want to keep them to it. ;)

And it might be slight and small concerns in some peoples point of views - but if they can't even lift the challenge of a working website containing the same services as the US version - services which have been available for a long time, then what on earth makes everybody so sure they'll be able to deliver on their promises.

Game isn't live yet, i have a hard time understanding which services you're talking about. If it's general warhammer stuff, isn't the US website enough?

I've said often that I hope they can deliver - and when (if) they do - I'll be there in first line to praise them for it. But I'll not fall down in awe based on promises and mentions of services "soon" (tm), and I'll continue to raise concerns when I see them. Despite what some people might like or dislike.

Well if they don't deliver on promises, then don't subscribe to the game when they start asking a fee for it :D

I myself am always sceptical, and i'm not a GOA fanboi (heck i entered a RightNow report on a DAoC issue last week and i wasn't all that happy with the answer), but i'm very optimistic on GOA + Warhammer. They'll have to be 100% prepared community-wise at GOA or they might drown in their own success if warhammer is going to be a hit, which i suspect it will be.

Oh and the "childish" remark was sarcasm 101. It is always fun when somebody younger calls people "kids" et al because he disagrees with the points.

Damn i missed that completely, you're a crafty one! :cheers:

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Just an observation but a few months back I'm sure we all recall that the US website was relaunched with a new look. They said it was a step up towards how their website will look nearer and/or at release. All the new content they added was fine but when I went back over some of the older phone blogs, videos and other "multimedia" stuff the links all opened in the right new background page but with no actual content. All that "old" stuff was unreachable and for all I know it could still be the same way. Really not very good. But then I thought... well there is another site and boy was I delighted when I discovered ALL that content was on the GOA website. Also it doesn't open an annoying second window but more a kind of fixed pop-up in the current page. The links work. There is only one "index" page of links not the annoying 2 page version on the US site where you end up on the Warherald page away from the main page you started on. I could go on.

Sure the US site has the content first after all the devs are in the US. However, it doesn't take long for it to reach the GOA website and when it does I feel it is better presented. Yes I know that for a long time a lot of those links on the GOA website were greyed out and I complained to them a lot about that but now that they have filled a lot of those links out I actually prefer to view content on the GOA site. It's not perfect but it's pretty good and they have said it will be better for release. I'm thinking they will make some biggish changes for when the code activiation slots are available.

I just wish there were EU based RSS feeds, unless I missed them?

Bone_Idle

Fledgling Freddie
Well if you aren't in the beta i think i can tell you the GOA staff seems hard at work.

I'm not in the beta but surely its the Mythic staff that are hard at work. Dont GOA just run the servers?

GOA just take the stuff from the US and turn it into french, german etc and plonk it on their servers.

All the class changes, graphics etc are done by Mythic.

Methos

Loyal Freddie
I'm not in the beta but surely its the Mythic staff that are hard at work. Dont GOA just run the servers?

GOA just take the stuff from the US and turn it into french, german etc and plonk it on their servers.

Well i don't work there so i don't know the specifics, but what i do know is that i see the community managers posting messages on these boards on times that i am asleep or celebrating my weekend. Also, i imagine that running beta servers and running and managing a community can be a lot of work.

But ofcourse Mythic Entertainment is a software house, GOA isn't.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie

Mythic staff are the devs yes. GOA do run the servers for EU. They also have Community Managers working as part of the beta and on sites like these. They have a big QA staff monitoring all aspects of the beta in EU who presumably collate and service a lot of the feedback given via the tester forums.

GOA don't turn anything into French or German as the game is being developed from scratch in 6 core languages by Mythic: English (UK and US), French, German, Spanish and Italian. Those are languages supported for launch so there won't be the familiar language conversion process. I'm guessing you are assuming the same thing will happen as happened in DAoC? Well in fact the core codebase will be the same here as in US which is one of the reasons we will get patches at the same time as US.

unhinged

Fledgling Freddie
Can someone let me know wether Europe have got our own Realmwar page?

I didn't find any links on war-europe.com and then tried logging in to the (american) RealmWar page on EA Mythic | Warhammer Realm War, but it wouldn't allow me. I've only been in the beta for a couple of days, so I guess it could be as with the beta-forum-access (compare: https://forums.freddyshouse.com/warhammer308/229958-access-beta-forums.html) and it just takes time to activate.

And all this is assuming that the realmwar pages are available to the beta testers yet, wich I believe them to be...

Please enlighten me :)
/Mellon

Well they EU site is scheduled for 2 days maintence on the 31st/1st, so who know maybe we will get lucky.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
It will be so fun to see all those hopes come crashing down when they do absolutely nothing to the site.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
It will be so fun to see all those hopes come crashing down when they do absolutely nothing to the site.

Well, just cause one can hope and be a tad optimistic, doesn't mean people will be devastated if it doesn't happen. :)
Even as critical as I am - I do want GOA to "succeed" cause it'll provide the best gaming experience for me.

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie

We are still in a beta stage and already somebody is enjoying making an argument out of the forums.

Well done.

I apologiese for expressing my opinions over the Euro/USA sites.

Simmo

Fledgling Freddie
Well where not gonna enter our codes soon, as its been postponed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom