Realm swapping

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
If mythic don't stop this then I'm gonna be forced to game swap. I have a simple solution. Day 1 of your swap you take a 80% rp penalty and are worth 80% more rps. Day 2 it's 60% and so on. So after 5 days you will be back to normal. Of course the reason for swapping I.e the relics could have swapped back and you will be left high and dry with another 5 day penalty if you want to follow the relics.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Sounds like you're looking for an excuse to quit, realm swapping is not hurting the game at all.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Sounds like you're looking for an excuse to quit, realm swapping is not hurting the game at all.
I have np if u want to realm swap becuae you want to play the other realm. 5 days penalty wont affect you in the long run. what i object to is the realm swappers who folow the relics and make the population balance shift about and cuase the realm with no relics to be constantly zerged. But hey ho. yeah the game has no problems at all. thats why since eu has moved there the population has dropped from 4k and server crashes to 2.5k a night. It's in perfect health.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Your sarcasm doesn't really work here because you're using facts that aren't even related to the "issue" you're complaining about, I never said the game has no problems at all, this just isn't one of them.

Besides, not many people swap for relics and even while mid owned 5/6 hibs still had the most out for that perioid.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
I rather have 2.5pop and no server crashes than 4K with. but hey thats me :D

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
If you play in a regular, let's say mid grp, and mids AC the relics and all the realm hoppers go to mid then your group is fucked. Can't find any decent albs/hibs out without the zerglings following you and adding at every chance they get. Switching to hib to farm the mids sorts that problem

What really needed to be looked at are those relics, omg

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
being on alb I find that euro primetime the albs are just retarded. and let hibs/mids go about do whatever they please. after you go to sleep the Us primetimers usually sorts it back. just to loose it the next euro primetime.

Im swapping a lot myself, thats not cause of relics/population. I just tend to get bored easily and want changes. often! :sex:

delete

Can't get enough of FH
being on alb I find that euro primetime the albs are just retarded. and let hibs/mids go about do whatever they please. after you go to sleep the Us primetimers usually sorts it back. just to loose it the next euro primetime.

Im swapping a lot myself, thats not cause of relics/population. I just tend to get bored easily and want changes. often! :sex:

have u seen the us albzerg? =)

- English -

Resident Freddy
i agree realm swapping can be lame, or was when i played mid alot. Saying that i spent a few hours a day on daoc/mid, and to see people swapping with the relics was frustrating as mid seemed really united with Atrebates morning raids (then you would get albs/hibs coming to join the forces as we were winning). However, after playing casually a month or so back, realm swapping to whatever side your friends are playing is good.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Realm swapping is the biggest fail Mythic every made. Playing different realms on different servers, fine. Can give you a million reasons why. Main one is playing with others, instead of the usual suspects.

However the mean reason the game is die'ing is because it's old. Same faces everywhere, everyone is l33t, has a rep and something to prove.

It's the same shit you see in every online game the last couple of years. Cheat, exploid, abuse, be a cock, etc. Anything to win.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
It doesn't really bother me, not too bothered about the realm war anymore and sometimes when hib getting shafted it means there's easy action on the doorstep and saves messing with boats.

That said, swapping realms at will is silly and probably a contributing factor I'm not bothered anymore. Wish they'd stick it on a long timer so you commit yourself to a realm for X amount of time, good times or bad.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Someone said it before and it's the perfect answer - You can log onto any realm as much/often as you want, but if you enter an rvr zone on alb, you cannot enter an rvr zone on mid/hib for 30 minutes...however you can still switch realms instantly. This means you can do some rvr on alb, then instantly jump onto mid for some pve etc

Gotmagi

Can't get enough of FH
Realm swapping is the biggest fail Mythic every made. Playing different realms on different servers, fine. Can give you a million reasons why. Main one is playing with others, instead of the usual suspects.

However the mean reason the game is die'ing is because it's old. Same faces everywhere, everyone is l33t, has a rep and something to prove.

It's the same shit you see in every online game the last couple of years. Cheat, exploid, abuse, be a cock, etc. Anything to win.

You talking about 10% of the population? Coz I see new ppl every day

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Ignore the l33t shit tbh Tuth. Its a new server, new people new game. Some people came to the US and actually cannot handle it - thats why they left. The game is still the best PvP MMO around.

Lightfighter

One of Freddy's beloved
Yeah just avoid reading VNboards and you're fine, I took a quick peak and after a few posts I went NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHH.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
You talking about 10% of the population? Coz I see new ppl every day

I'm talking about the same shit (or pro, call it what you want) attitude towards the game which will be more like 90% of the population. But fair enough.

Ignore the l33t shit tbh Tuth. Its a new server, new people new game. Some people came to the US and actually cannot handle it - thats why they left. The game is still the best PvP MMO around.

I wont deny that and for me still the best (mm) online experience I can get.

old.Eyez

Can't get enough of FH
If mythic don't stop this then I'm gonna be forced to game swap. I have a simple solution. Day 1 of your swap you take a 80% rp penalty and are worth 80% more rps. Day 2 it's 60% and so on. So after 5 days you will be back to normal. Of course the reason for swapping I.e the relics could have swapped back and you will be left high and dry with another 5 day penalty if you want to follow the relics.

Lol at your excuse for /daoc quit!

Did u also cry on pryd/exc where ppl did the same jumping around from realm to realm when the cluster went live ?

Its not realm jumpers there ruins the game for you! it is the timezones!

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah just avoid reading VNboards and you're fine, I took a quick peak and after a few posts I went NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHH.

Yup that sums my attitude up too - why would you try to reach agreement with all that crap? Ignore it, play your game and have fun.

I wont deny that and for me still the best (mm) online experience I can get.

So just play and ignore the l33t bullshit - honestly mate we used to have such a laugh in GG2 :)

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Lol at your excuse for /daoc quit!

Did u also cry on pryd/exc where ppl did the same jumping around from realm to realm when the cluster went live ?

Its not realm jumpers there ruins the game for you! it is the timezones!

Nah cried myself to sleep not long after the pos that is nf was released.

And thanks for telling me what it is. Just cant decide now what to have for lunch tomorrow. I'm sure you can help me out ;)

Genedril

Part of the furniture
They're never going to put a timer in now that there's just one cluster. Too many people would lose access to too much. Just 'cause the Euro's have rolled up there and may not (or may) have access to only 1 realm doesn't mean that the US player base is in the same boat. Adapt or quit.

Dunno if everyone is leet. I do notice that getting a PuG in Hib is about 4 millions times harder than getting one in Alb (I'm not talking /as pugs here). There are some leetish people around but tbh they were there on the Euro cluster and as you knew who they were it wasn't an issue (whether you liked them or not). This lot we don't know so you need to get used to them all over again. Most of the players who think they're the dog's proverbials and like to let you know aren't anyway so you can ignore them at whim.

As Shark says just play your own game and have a laugh - it is a game after all (those that know me might see the hypocrisy in me saying that but...). The game has changed a lot over time and it's changed again being on the US servers but if you want to play you're going to have to adapt (and have fun).

I can even read the VN's when I've applied my internal crap filter.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
They tried timers, everyone QQd on VN, they took them out, we all live with it now.

Miffic only listen to American, 53 year old, 25 stone men who live in their parents basements and are virgins waiting for a coronary to put them and the rest of planet out of its misery, so unless you fit this category (BTW, thats the entire population of VN boards) they wont give a crap what you think about timers.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
For all it's many problems, DAoC is still better than the alternatives:

• WAR: Officially the worst MMO itemization ever, beating early WoW. Boring end game and burst DPS is way too high.
  • WoW: Huge gear grind, no meaningful world pvp.
  • Guildwars: Pretty much dead sadly.
  • AoC: Sucks.
  • Aion: Sucks even harder.

Guildwars 2 sounds interesting, although that's some way off.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
For all it's many problems, DAoC is still better than the alternatives:

• WAR: Officially the worst MMO itemization ever, beating early WoW. Boring end game and burst DPS is way too high.
  • WoW: Huge gear grind, no meaningful world pvp.
  • Guildwars: Pretty much dead sadly.
  • AoC: Sucks.
  • Aion: Sucks even harder.

Guildwars 2 sounds interesting, although that's some way off.

I can agree with most points but daoc burst dps is as bad as any. Dmg in the sc arrived instantly onto 50% resists.

Attachments

• dmg.jpg
    dmg.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom