Realm Re-Shuffle, please read, the future of the realm depend on it

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
it doesn't look like anyone will do this soon and as Subscriptions are dwindling i suggest we take some kind of action before this game completely dies

after 5 years of this game we havn't done anything to secure an 'end' game

as anything anyone wants to do requires someone to set up a event on FH, and while thats good for FH its not good for the people in game

this would require, alot of co-operation, a president of some kinda and alot of discussion

my personal view is, we'll have to purge underpopulated guilds and alliance's, then go from there

once the re-shuffle is complete hopefully we'll be able to improve all aspects of our realm,and maybe stop all them quit threads

discuss please

BlackrazoR

Fledgling Freddie
I have no idea what you're suggesting except perhaps imposing Stalinist rule over the cluster?

uspe

Fledgling Freddie
its a good idea tho, have to admit it.
but it wont help if goa/ea mythic wont advetise the game or do something which it will make it fun

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Like Blackrazor said i think you smoked too much pots before posting that...or you didnt express yourself right :D

Anyways, its true that Mythic/GOA dont advertise DAOC as much as they should. ex: i speak to my friends of WoW and they say "oh yeah that one" when i say DAOC they are like "DA-what?"

Craft

Fledgling Freddie
yea mythic fucked up BUT i think what he is trying to say is disband all the small guilds to make the bigger guilds bigger so when people log on they don't feel like its a solo player game , the more people in the guild the better imo, its just sometimes hard to find a guild suited for yourself / gameplay / maturity.

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
Some team-work he means? hmm ok by me if all work together in a frontier action or anything this could be a big pve raid too? explain better plz

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I think fewer guilds can work, as can fewer alliances. I'm ok with ours, for my needs (2-10 guildies, 25-40 alliance on in the evenings).

I personally see the 'guild group' approach as dangerous. I've seen too many people try to organise a 8 man guild, to run as a group, only to crash and burn if one person leaves, often triggering other leavers.

Darzil

Muldini

Loyal Freddie
Craft said:
yea mythic fucked up BUT i think what he is trying to say is disband all the small guilds to make the bigger guilds bigger so when people log on they don't feel like its a solo player game , the more people in the guild the better imo, its just sometimes hard to find a guild suited for yourself / gameplay / maturity.

This won't work, theres still alliances that dont even accept smaller guilds cause they aren't "rvr orientated" yet. In times likes we got them now thats just another step to the end of daoc.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i love my alliance personally. I'm only in a 2 man guild with my RL best mate, but the /as i am in (Novus coeptum one) is made up of many guilds and we constantly use /as for idle chat making it feel much larger.

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Don't think guilds size has anything to do with it thou, maybe alliances as there are a lot of alliances on Alb cluster. But then again, if you're used to being in one alliance there's a big chance the joinings of another alliance might totally screw it up for you.

It's really not possible to make all stay in a game for another few years. The newest changes hasn't really been any form of improvements as to attract a new audience to the game, advertising isn't something seen at all so when they don't even promote the game how the hell will they get new players?

I agree that there's something to be done but I don't know what we should do, this game has been going for more then 5 years and still hasn't died out. That to me is success, there's not any other game that provides as good PvP/RvR and PvE as this game does imho. So to me it's not really a surprise why this game is still alive and kicking.

Too big changes might as well be the last nail in the coffin. but time will tell.

arl_dem

Fledgling Freddie
here is a thought :D

let mythic implement the option to choose our own King with the next patch :worthy:

that would help :)

already can imagin "Hail Queen Calea of Albion" :england:

What u're suggesting, psyco, makes me remember those days when the "eagle Warriors"-guild had an enormous growth.
for a moment it seemed 1 guild for all.
If you want this to work, you would have to set-up something with all alliance-keepers and guild-leaders ; sounds like almost impossible.
sounds even easier to unite all albion-players for 1 big RvR-event
maybe you can start with inter-alliance (heheheh fun to say) events or something
the best suggestion I can think of is to merge alliances eventually
as merging guilds is more delicate

Still, the idea sounds worth considering, but it'll require time and effort.
Not the cheapest thing to ask from many peeps.

I hope I made any sense (/curtsey) as this topic isn't the easiest 1 to consider either

Kind regards

Calea

Quantaco

Fledgling Freddie
tbh I think to merge the guild/alliance or not game is still dieing. It isnt the matter of player to merge to become a stronghold. Even little guild can be stronghold. And tbh if u have merge large alliance event <e.g rvr raid, etc> that really still not going to change but will become worst for people to know to play rvr. coz they just zerg zerg zerg.

I am not whining but that what i can see what happen if lot of guild merge and doing alliance rvr.

I dont really have a suggestion but I think people should have to play some bg grouping first b4 they play rvr. coz if u are 1L1/1l5 cleric and I dont really think u can do much if u have a big fight in rvr.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
ok, ive given you all time to reply to get your side of things...

Kinetix said:
Like Blackrazor said i think you smoked too much pots before posting that..

actually it was very late in the night when i posted this, and you know when you cant sleep, and you get an idea... most act(or not as the case usually is, as you wake up with a sense of reality) on this impulse in the morning, i however leave my computer on 24/7(many reasons behind this, i have a RSS downloader that downloads TV shows for the united states while i sleep, but the main reason is, ive become accustom to the noise it makes and cant sleep with it off, simerler to sleeping with the light on... i believe its called white noise, in my case) and as a result, i tend to act without thinking... anyway

Craft said:

yep, that's exactly what i meen, however i don't think the play styles/maturity levels matter to much, but hey, what do i know... ive only been playing in TDF since i started playing this game seriously

Phule_Gubben said:
Don't think guilds size has anything to do with it thou, maybe alliances as there are a lot of alliances on Alb cluster. But then again, if you're used to being in one alliance there's a big chance the joinings of another alliance might totally screw it up for you.

why? explain...

Sparx said:
i love my alliance personally. I'm only in a 2 man guild with my RL best mate, but the /as i am in (Novus coeptum one) is made up of many guilds and we constantly use /as for idle chat making it feel much larger.

really, thats great news... asyveth left didn't he? who's the current Novus coeptum AM(alliance master)?
that's the exact situation that im in, only our alliance/guild is completely dead... maybe we could organize a alliance murge? ill try to get in contact with the Unity AM, see what he thinks

Arl_Dem said:
What u're suggesting, psyco, makes me remember those days when the "eagle Warriors"-guild had an enormous growth.
for a moment it seemed 1 guild for all.
If you want this to work, you would have to set-up something with all alliance-keepers and guild-leaders ; sounds like almost impossible.
sounds even easier to unite all albion-players for 1 big RvR-event
maybe you can start with inter-alliance (heheheh fun to say) events or something
the best suggestion I can think of is to merge alliances eventually
as merging guilds is more delicate

thats the idea mate:)
but iirc, the eagle warriors were... well a flop(lots of people in there that didn't really care about the game, just looking out for number 1)

Quantaco said:
tbh I think to merge the guild/alliance or not game is still dieing. It isnt the matter of player to merge to become a stronghold. Even little guild can be stronghold. And tbh if u have merge large alliance event <e.g rvr raid, etc> that really still not going to change but will become worst for people to know to play rvr. coz they just zerg zerg zerg.

I am not whining but that what i can see what happen if lot of guild merge and doing alliance rvr.

I dont really have a suggestion but I think people should have to play some bg grouping first b4 they play rvr. coz if u are 1L1/1l5 cleric and I dont really think u can do much if u have a big fight in rvr.

theres a game outside RvR you know:)

BlackrazoR

Fledgling Freddie
It would appear you alliance/guild is inactive and you think the world is coming to an end or somesuch...it's not.

And btw there's a game outside RvR?! :eek7:

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Forcing people to merge Guilds/Alliances will drive more people away then it will make people stay.
For me a guild consist of people you have played with for quite some time and you want to get the same thing out of the game (same goals as eachother) might it be RvR, PvE or just some allround thing.
I for one also like smaller guilds (7-8 active players online tops) gives less hassle when making groups and nobody has to "sit out" because there happends to be 10 people online and the group size can be only 8.

Also if you merge Alliances you get alot of problems, some people want the /as to be silent and only to be used for "useful" (RvR) info and others chat random stuff all the time on /as.
The only option is that Mythic/GOA needs to market their product but seeing as this game is 5 years old and they never even marketed the game when it was released does indicate that this is not going to happen.
Imo the only way to make guilds/alliances bigger is to get more people into the game and then they will join the guild/alliance that fits their play style, forcing people to be guilded with people they don't know or don't like doesn't really stimulate their gaming experience, quite the opposit.

I think we just got to realise this game is dieing and accept it, you can put alot of effort into maintaining it but in the end it really wont matter anyway.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
we cant forcibly do it... that obvious, but players that wish to murge can

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
psyco said:
we cant forcibly do it... that obvious, but players that wish to murge can

Well isn't that quite obvious? And to answer your quote, All alliances has so many different rules so what goes in one alliance might not be allowed in another and so on. That's what I meant when I wrote that. Ie, the alliance I'm in now, we're all friendly and sometimes we chat more or less openly using /as, some other alliances won't allow that cause it creates a lot of useless spam when there might be important info going out over /as.

I've been in the largest alliance on european servers and they had very strict rules when it came to /as, we were not even to say "grats to lvl 50" or whatever since it generated so much spam. I rather stay in a friendly chat where you may speak more freely when using /as, if I don't want to see what they are writing I'm just turning it off for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom