realm populations

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Yep US DAoC is hurting badly right now and has been ever since WoW shipped really, they didn't see much of a bounce back from Darkness Rising or any of the patches. When you look how at player numbers and how many servers they have had to cluster together it does make you wonder at what point Mythic stops turning a profit and some of those servers become no longer viable. The US PvP server in particular has been dead for a long time and I can see that being scrapped before long, over here Camlann rarely breaks 200 players at primetime which is a damning indication that the PvP servers just aren't arractive to players as they currently stand. Right now the EU is looking reasonably healthy but those US servers look pretty damn grim at primetime.

Sadly I don't think player numbers will have any effect at all on patching delays, I can't see Mythic making GOA wait any longer than nesscery but you never know I guess.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
DAoC has always lacked advertising, WOW keeps going in TV ads, mag ads, and even with crappy PR shit like http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4700754.stm which had fuck all to do with gay rights, but huge paragraphs about the game, not hard to guess the writters plays it or got a major back-hander for that peice.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
ahh the good old BBC technology adverts
erm news...

I prefer the register for tech news (at least the computer stuff) they're nice enough to point out when reporting the results of e.g. "Shocking new survey shows that people don't buy enough Spoo!" that the people who paid for the research were in fact... the Spoo manufacturing corporation.

(replace Spoo with "Antivirus products", "Firewalls","Computer Security","Memory","Windows products","Pointless surveys")

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
DAoC has always lacked advertising, WOW keeps going in TV ads, mag ads, and even with crappy PR shit like http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4700754.stm which had fuck all to do with gay rights, but huge paragraphs about the game, not hard to guess the writters plays it or got a major back-hander for that peice.

Haha.

That is tatical advertising though - you must hand it to them.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
ahh the good old BBC technology adverts
erm news...
Yeah, seems Mark Ward plays WOW, he rabbles on about it an aweful lot, too much of a back hander there me thinks.

Bugz said:
Haha.

That is tatical advertising though - you must hand it to them.

Try 5 articles, hes a lot bias.

news.bbc.co.uk said:
By Mark Ward
Technology Correspondent, BBC News website, Azeroth
he even puts his location down on the bbc web site as his server.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Excuse the huge 2.5 week gap in the graphs, I broke the updater when I moved the site onto another server. :(

Given there are more EU players at times, I'd like to see some effort being put in to take the viewpoints of the European playerbase more seriously. Any polls on US servers should be done on EU servers as well fairly shortly afterwards, or close to simultaneously if possible.

Ideally it would be nice if Mythic could add some EU players to their private forums, or perhaps allow EU players to become team leads, give them a free account restricted to Pendragon only whilst they are doing their job. There are many talented people who know their class well and could do much better than some of the current team leads.

The chances of this happening though are nonexistent! :p

popa

Fledgling Freddie
the bad part is that i dont see any newplayer and who come and start from lvl 1 is alone u dont find any ppl to make a party

maybie have to put the eq xp rule depend of ppl from party u dont get xp
and remove the /level

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
popa said:
the bad part is that i dont see any newplayer and who come and start from lvl 1 is alone u dont find any ppl to make a party

maybie have to put the eq xp rule depend of ppl from party u dont get xp
and remove the /level

Mythic should semi kill PvE! Make everyone just start at lvl 50 but dont give them crap ROGs so people still have to PvE for armour (unless they just buy it)

RvR ftw!

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Nomans Land said:
Mythic should semi kill PvE! Make everyone just start at lvl 50 but dont give them crap ROGs so people still have to PvE for armour (unless they just buy it)

RvR ftw!
Think you want guild wars, not DAoC m8.

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
old.Whoodoo said:
Think you want guild wars, not DAoC m8.

Nope I want DAoC

Nomans Land said:

RvR ftw!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom