Realm ability

chalaim

Fledgling Freddie
Hi again,

I have reached lev 20 and are a bonedancer. I have seen the abilities I can choose from but I dont know what is good to pick. I dont want to make a mistake...could anyone tell me what I should NOT pick? :)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Save up 3 pts and get Mystic Crystal Lore.

Influenza

Part of the furniture
Aye MCL should be the 1st thing you get as a caster , off the top of my head a few NOT to pick are aug strength (useless for a caster apart from carrying loot) , Lifter (read above) and all your good RAs , Master of Magery etc... require aug acuity 2 , so maybe get mcl then aug acuity.

chalaim

Fledgling Freddie
Ok...thx. How about:
Mastery of Magery
Wild Power
Wild Minion (for the pets)
Serenity

These costs me 1 point. Are they something to have?

Flippant Desires

Fledgling Freddie
chalaim said:
Ok...thx. How about:
Mastery of Magery
Wild Power
Wild Minion (for the pets)
Serenity

These costs me 1 point. Are they something to have?

I think they cost 1 point, but all have a requirement, e.g. Serenity requires Aug Acuity (think you need lvl 2).

pikeh

Resident Freddy
In Battlegrounds 1 you should get around 1-5 realm points per kill. However, in real RvR you get around 1000 realm points per solo kill. As a bonedancer, i dont see you having any real trouble gaining rp's in Battlegrounds.

To get to Battlegrounds , go to the realms portal keep and purchase a medallion of battlegrounds passage.

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
level up to level 24 and go to thidranki, get 125 rps and go on leveling. With that 125 rps you can get Mystical Crystal Lore which gives you about 50-60% power every 5 mins...Very usefull for every caster.

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Useless RAs include: lifter, aug str/aug quick (for casters), mastery of water, veil recovery.

As others have said: MCL1 is your best friend. Then save up for aug dex 1, then aug dex 2. Why? Because they are the pre-requisites for all fun caster RAs later on lvl 50 (i.e. Mastery of XXXX, Wild XXXX, etc) :)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Klonk said:
Then save up for aug dex 1, then aug dex 2. Why? Because they are the pre-requisites for all fun caster RAs later on lvl 50 (i.e. Mastery of XXXX, Wild XXXX, etc) :)

No, not dex - casters prerequisite abilities need aug piety ;) Tanks need aug dex.

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
dexterity makes you cast faster.. so if you have spare might aswell take it =P

and if you make a bg1 char (specially for bg1), then do take mastery of water :) great fun :p

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
cast faster? thought he was BD, all he gotta do is mash one insta lifetap...

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Fana said:
No, not dex - casters prerequisite abilities need aug piety ;) Tanks need aug dex.

Ooops! Nerf posting from work, must've been tired ;)

Jobil said:
cast faster? thought he was BD, all he gotta do is mash one insta lifetap...
Have you any idea what a BD in a good rvr group do/can do? ;) Lifetap is so blown out of proportion (some classes in *cough* other realms even have insta lifetap _without_ re-cast timer ^^), BD is much more than that, they use a lot of power, but with good ToA gear they can be a real damage dealer for a group (hi, Verka!)

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
As a rule of thumb, you should save points and buy the expensive RA´s as early as you can. Getting 10 RA points for Purge isn´t much when you´re RR2, but it´s considerably harder to accumulate the ammount at RR6 or something.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Klonk said:
...some classes in *cough* other realms even have insta lifetap _without_ re-cast timer ^^...
All instas have a recast timer, or you could just hold the button down and kill people in 0.5 sec. :p

On the casting speed - mastery of the art is a much better buy than aug dex for speeding up your cast times, it does require AA3 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom