Realm Abilities - Ranger

Novo

Fledgling Freddie
Okay, well for days now i have been running through in my mind what realm abilitys to get...

im RR 5L4 which means i have 44 points

The problems that are running through my mind consist of, IP, do i really want/need IP? its a lot of points that i could spend in my bow damage or speed etc... do i need it as a ranger? i use it occasinally, but is it worth the points?

Purge... do i want purge? would be nice as would get me out of lots of sticky situations.. but again is it worth 10 points for a ranger?

Truesight... I dont really want it, See hidden and TS ruin the fun of stealthing imo, it should be cat and mouse not, i can see you, you cant see me (talking about with other stealthers obviously)

Mastery of Archrey and Falcons Eye are the skills that i want the most for my bow...

and Dodger.. if im not going to get IP (not sure about that) should i get dodger as if i idnt get IP i would be trying to stay out of hand-2-hand combat against anyone to hard...

Anyway... Thoughts anybody??

RA Calculator: http://www.ping.de/~sven/daoc/configurator.html

Thanks

Novo :)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
well I think TS is an ability worth he points cause there're situations where lots of stealthers camp a milegate, so you can use it to uncover them all and let your friends do the rest. That sound like TS-bot now, but in my opinion, that's one aspect of stealthing: If your are a team, take out the enemy team, that's nothing else than an open 1fg vs. 1fg fight.

dodger: sounds ofc nice but keep in mind that DW cuts evade, might be handy vs. hunters & scouts though

purge: a must have, especially vs. melee stuns from DF and slam

Falcon's Eye: oh yeah, that's the final boost to you bow output and a crit can decide the end of a fight. Same counts for MoPain imho, I'd get that, too.

MoArchery: well well, if it reduces bow dmg / hit like +quickness does, then I wouldn't get it, cause of less hard crits. It also needs aug. dex 3, which costs an extra 6 points, which is quite a lot, so I'd stay without it.

what do you think about the following:
Augmented Constitution 3
Augmented Dexterity 2
Augmented Quickness 2
Dodger 1
Mastery of Pain 1
Falcon's Eye 3
Avoid Pain 1 (prerequ is aug. con. 3)
Purge

and u got 1 free point, safe it for Dodger 2 or MoPain 2, or even better for AP 2-3

Avoid Pain is only on a 15min timer and +10% melee absorb / level is not bad, especially when having +30%

IP sounds nice, yes, but I'll tell you my point of view (as bard that is): I used to have it but mostly it just increased the time before dieing. Also, as ranger u only ahve access to a 5sec reactive stun, which means you might not be able to run a bit to use First Aid 2 (whereas tanks can do that with slam).

Don't take all that 100% for sure, cause I only have little RvR experience with my ranger, I think more experienced players can tell you more, just my thoughts.

Novo

Fledgling Freddie
thats just the sort of input i wanted, thanks a lot... ill tak to tht guild u metioned aswell :)

anybody else? :D

thanks

Auriel

Fledgling Freddie
Volley is well worth considering. I have it, and it's a very different kind of attack - it opens up a new style of shooting (indirect fire) that is a lot of fun :)

I was going to put a link to a everything-you-need-to-know-about-volley thread on critshot.com, but it seems to be down :(

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Working on a respec for my ikkle ranger atm and have been thinking the same things.

Volley and TS are top of my list at the moment.

Being able to pop stealthers at a mg or in a keep your defending is pretty handy and is prolly the only good defence a ranger has against assassins.

Volley should have been on the Recurve spec line same with Longshot, but Mythic in their wisdom deemed that they should be RA's (and 24 points worth :(). Volley is one ability i always wanted, the ability to reign down arrows on multiple enemy's, confuse them, interrupt them and do significant damage all at once....yum :)

Purge is the other one on my list at the moment (again as a defence against assassins), but taking Volley, TS and Purge means a significant amount of RP investment.....like i say, a work in progress.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
purge, ap3, IP, but thats at something like 7L2, depends what sort of ranger you are i guess

liloe

It's my birthday today!
if you only get actives, that's gonna suck, or you will be able to kill exactly 1 enemy every 30 minutes =) Even I as bard can tell you that =)

vintervargen

Banned
get purge/ip/ap3/ts

in any order. as a soloer win buttons are just that, win.

you wont be able to beat any assasin if you got passives only, you _need_ "win buttons"

also, release -> emain takes about 10-15 mins so.. ;)

Squalion

Fledgling Freddie
Purge, ip, purge, purge, purge, ip, purge, did i mention purge? :p

at 5L3 imo best to get

Purge
FA2
IP
TS
but if u dont want ts, get AP3 Asap

will > most ppl

oh, and liloe, with passives, he will be doing nothing but /release, belive me, i used to have half the stuff u listed, it aint worth it

get ur 30min/15min RA's, you will do WAYYYY better.

leave passives to rr8/9/10

i personnaly will be getting TS at 5L3, then when i have enough points gonna spec out of it for AP2/3

in the end should have

Purge
IP
FA2
AP3
Aug Con 3 (for AP)
TS
Long Shot
Volley
(granted i have enough points ofc)

and if i can, will get dodger 2/3

Kamosh

Fledgling Freddie
Well ill i have to say that all RAs active >>>>>> RAs passive in rangers at least, and you must take RAs to win battles so imo get...

Purge
FA2
IP
Augmented con 3
AP 1-3
TS
Augmented dex 2
FE (All u want but i think more than 2 it is expensive, i have 1)
MoP 1 it is nice :)

My RA conf is ... Purge, FA2, IP, TS, Augmented con, dex, quick 2, dodger 1 (sux vs infils sb) FE1, MoP1, and saving 5 points. Im gonna respec to AP and remove TS at least to ap1-2. Less timer and more defensive.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
okay =) I believe you experienced rangers =))

censi

Can't get enough of FH
imo go ap 2 not ap 3. 10 points for 10 absorb is a massive cost for minor benefit.

I go

IP purge AP2 augcon3 augdex2 MOP1 atm FE1 ATM tough1 long wind1

dodger is wank from my experience. (would be goodish with 5% per dodger lvl)

TS is summin to consider just in terms of sheer, how to piss off my counter adversarys. I find most other archers go for this so i saved the points. but TS is undeniably a good one to get nowadays (not so sure with TOA though)

If i wasnt pure mellee I would definetly be going 50 bow and getting FE4 and MoA 4. I would keep purge but forget IP and the FA scam of god knows how many points.

bow is so crap still that its better to be a melee ranger and take the hit on being uber with bow for being able to fend of assasins.

50 poke 35 bow 27 cd 16 path 33 stealth. has been my spec for a long time. its fast becoming fotm now for rangers. but its a fooking good spec, and i think i was the only one with it about 6 months ago.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
ip is what seperates archers from the infils and is as said previously, an insta win in most cases^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom