really starnge problem(computer stuff)

F

Falcore

I know this is not a computer problems forum but i think it may be best chance at an answer:

Recently i got a problem where my screen veiw changes as i move mouse when moving a window, if i move mouse up it gets narrower(so i cant see top of desktop) and when down it gets wider(so i cannot see sides of desktop) i tried reinstalling everything including windows from scratch but i still have the problem, also it seems to be there when my system is booting up it doesnt look right, tho i cant change the shape because of no mouse of course....it is a very annoying problem and i cannot imagine what is wrong for a full hardisk format not to fix it , i dont think it can be the monitor due to the fact that the shape changes when i move the mouse, any help owuld be greatly appreciated with this strange problem

btw i had this during the sidi raid, and was a real pain in the ass :)

M

mestoph

Got universal monitor drivers installed? If so get ones from manufactors website, ignore the warnings about not being MS tested.

If that dont fix it, check what freq you are displaying at and if your monitor actually handles it.

run virus checker, if there is something in the boot sector then hdd format wont work. Only a RAW write of the disk will.

F

Falcore

adari, ive already tried that :)

other guy, tried frequency no use, tried drivers no use, as for virus checker havent really got one and wouldnt know how to get rid of something in more detail than format =/

S

surgat

When you move a window on desktop a lot of color changes place, some monitors are bad at handeling how much space one "dot" of diffrent colors takes up on the screen. Which results in that the image on the screen can appear bigger in some parts if there is a big color contrast.

Example, lets say that the color blue takes up 2 units of space on the visibla area of the monitor, the color red may take up 3 units, which will make all the other dots currently displayed pushed aside a little. Resulting in that the edges may appear wider in some places.

I have however never encounterd a monitor where this is such a big problem as you describe, it should only widen/contract the visible area of the monitor a few milimeters when switching from displaying the color that takes up most space on the whole screen to the one that takes up least on any recent monitor.

So this may not be your problem.

Does this make any sense?

G

Gorbash

gotta agree with surgat here, definatly sounds like a monitor problem rather than internal hardware/driver issue. do you perhaps have another/old monitor you can hook up to it to test this theory?

F

Falcore

no i dont, i use a 5 year old monitor ive never had any problems with, i installed planetside a few days back changed some graphics settings and my problems seem to start =/ (tho i dont see how planetside changes can affect after a format prolly jsut coincidence) it really is a BIg change for example, if u imagine the my computer logo in top corner, it goes from me missing half of that logo out to the side, to missing nearly all of it out of the top, and of course letter shapes etc r distorted by shape of screen.

I tried just turning on the bios virus checker, and it made all sort of funny beep when it rebooted and said there was an error and wanted a floppy disk, dunno what disk =/

S

surgat

does the monitor make any noice when doing this? a clicking sound maybe? And does it correct itself if you slap it?

F

Falcore

nope no noise, and the actual grpahics look fine apart from problem hitting it dont help :)

The graphics look fine, nice an sharp, to me it seems like its confused, thats how i would describe it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom