Reading Festival 2005 lineup

Marc

FH is my second home
No sympathy at all for them. Only sympathy i have is for children who are born addicted to Heroin due to their mothers taking it through infancy. Cant stand smack heads one bit. They know they will get addicted and need to feed their habit. Their own fault, yet its my taxes that go towards paying for their "rehab". Wish i could choose what my taxes are spent on. Drug rehabiliation wouldnt be one of them.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Gibbo said:
Pete Doherty is a nobody who will be forgotton about once he stops taking drugs and shagging Kate Moss. In a years time it will be Pete who?

He wont be forgotten by the people who have taken him into their hearts. Everyone remembers Kurt Cobain, he was a heroin addict? Jim Morrison? Jimi hendrix? All these stars who had problems went down in history. Just come someones a bit fucked up doesnt mean they're talentless. I'd rather put on a libertines/'shambles track any day than hendrix/nirvana/doors.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
you could also mention to thousand of thousand of rockstars who went down as a nobody after they die. What makes Pete who? so brilliant that he will go down in history? i have no clue who he is, but then again, i dont know his band ;p

Marc

FH is my second home
Pete Doherty doesnt deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as cobain,morrison and hendrix. All 3 of them were much more talented than pete doherty can ever dream of being. Dont get me wrong, he must be talented, just not in the same league. The aforementioned 3 will be remembered for their music, sadly, Pete Doherty wont.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Aoami said:
He wont be forgotten by the people who have taken him into their hearts. Everyone remembers Kurt Cobain, he was a heroin addict? Jim Morrison? Jimi hendrix? All these stars who had problems went down in history. Just come someones a bit fucked up doesnt mean they're talentless. I'd rather put on a libertines/'shambles track any day than hendrix/nirvana/doors.

Cobain, Morrison and Hendrix were all talented and produced good music.

Docherty is only capable of producing publicity.

+ the libertines stole my old bands name which is unforgivable....

the couple of babyshambles songs i';ve heard were nothing special, without Pete's self publicity they would still be playing in a pub somewhere to 5 people.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
yup, was Peter in the news papers in 2003? yet they still managed to sell out the Brixton Acadmey 2 nights in a row.

Carrera

Fledgling Freddie
Pete Doherty is very good imo, and just as talented as the artists you mentioned above. Just a shame he gets headlines for all the wrong reasons

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
You got hardcore fans who are not really into the libertines music but for what the whole idea behind the libertines represents, avalon and all that shit, they arent really fans in a way, more so a collective of people, to know of this you really need to be one yourself, sadly becuase so many people believe what they see in the papers and on the news, they never get to experience the joys of being a libertine. If you listen to tell the king, pretty much everything is explained. Pete is a talented individual, he is extreemly intelligent, the way he sees the ethics in the world being such a sad and ignorant place, he'd rather be on drugs half the time and be in a happy place all the time than anything else, which is where most artists end up, encapsulated in a world only they belong, I personally wouldnt want to be that way, but I can understand his views.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom