Read

T

Tom

If the bw domain gets dropped, lets buy it and continue to use it. We could have our own 'lets say stuff that bigfoot can't delete' forum lol!

no offense bigfoot :)

D

Deadmanwalking

Originally posted by Tom
If the bw domain gets dropped, lets buy it and continue to use it. We could have our own 'lets say stuff that bigfoot can't delete' forum lol!

no offense bigfoot :)

WOW what a shit idea!!

But very daring of you anyway GO YOU!

T

Tom

LOLOLOL OMG NOOB OWNED HAHAHAHAHH WTF

No seriously, it was a joke, but it would be cool for DBs or someone else to own that domain, and get an old-school BW up there.

B

bigfoot

I'm not aware of any plans to remove support for @barrysworld.com addies (I still use mine for quite a few things) but as far as I know you can no longer register for them and haven't been able to for a while (if you are a new subscriber I mean).

D

doh_boy

when does forums.barrysworld stop working? You said today (well you said tomorrow yesterday :s) but it's working today. ... :uhoh:

B

bigfoot

Originally it was going to be next Monday, they brought it forward to this morning. It'll be around 10am I think.

C

Ch3tan

Bif really does take a huge load of shit from us, hope the suits give him good compensation for it.

The BW main site being taken down I can understand the up-roar over, but the change of the forums is a logical move if they are stopping using barrysworld domains. So why the shock?

C

Clowneh!

It was easy enough to change, and I did it. Dunno why bigfoot brought up that I didn't pay, like he wants all non-subs to go?

S

(Shovel)

But... but... it's 10:46 and it's still here...

Own up, who's skiving off on their coffee break? :D

W

Wij

The forums have been a bit weird for me. Maybe they are dying slowly like HAL off of 2001 ? :)

J

Jonaldo

ewww it happened :eek: had horrible white on black with purple patches for a while till I managed to log back in.

No more mention of 'BW' then else be pelted with old eggs and tomatoes.

C

Clowneh!

Originally posted by (Shovel)
But... but... it's 10:46 and it's still here...
Heh, stop trying the old link. You're living in the past maaaaan!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yup

All done and sorted. Enjoy the same old forums under a diff url :p

J

Jupitus

I got caught up in the fwenzy of all this and made sure I bookmarked the game.net url carefully.

Then I noticed I'd been using it anyway and had just dup'ed my bookmark.

Doh!:(

C

Clowneh!

Yeah, it redirects... what was all the bother about? :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Noone ever said forums.barrysworld.com would never work.

Was always our intention to transparently redirect you to the new url keeping the URI's intact so no links would break.

Just took me longer to sort out mod_rewrite, horrible module but cool when it works :p

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
That doesn't say it is getting switched off.

Bif just forgot to mention the redirect that is all. Nowt bad.

Anyway, time to go do other things.

S

(Shovel)

Wow, it's just like one of those films when the world is going to end, but then it doesn't...

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by DBs
Just took me longer to sort out mod_rewrite, horrible module but cool when it works :p

too right :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom