RE: PS release date change

A

Azuresilver

Its Thursday 22nd now, not friday
Get down to your local game tomorrow and buy it or ill bust up side ur head, i tells ya.

O

Old_Bean

Yeah I got an email from gameplay saying they had posted it today!
So it'll be here tommorow!!!!!

Ahha! But the question remains...will the Euro servers be ready?

Bets anyone?

D

Deadmanwalking

Id say they come up over the weekend

O

Old_Bean

ID? What have ID got to do with Planetside?

Just joking.
The weekend? Hmm that's late.

So what am I supposed to do until then? Scratch my arse? Or play on a Yank server and have to start again on the Euro servers?

Think my arse will be getting scratched a lot.

F

Faeldawn

Ordered mine from Amazon, not gonna arrive till monday :(

G

Gewny

hmm when I opend my door when I got home from work today there was something on the floor... Planetside :)

X

Xtro

Originally posted by Gewny
hmm when I opend my door when I got home from work today there was something on the floor... Planetside :)

..and all I got was a gas bill, electric bill, phone bill, car tax reminder and cable tv bill. Lucky me! ;)

A

Azuresilver

Originally posted by thug
how do you know this, hope ur right

I work at GAME, its coming out early (oh er misses).

T

thug

nice one azure, all Game stores going to be stocking it? wanna know if its worth popping along to my local Game tomm?

C

CAC

funnily enough i went spying on some game monkies yesterday and i happend to mention the planetside release,

after i explained which platform it was for the monkey in question got out his little blue folder and after several minutes searching (i assume to check on the spelling :)) he informed me releas was on the 25th

A

Azuresilver

Originally posted by thug
nice one azure, all Game stores going to be stocking it? wanna know if its worth popping along to my local Game tomm?
Yep all GAMEs should stock it. But i would ring them and tell them to keep a copy aside for you. In the past the warehouse has sent like 3 copies of a new release, and in thats case its 1st come, 1st serve. Good Hunting you thug.

A

Azuresilver

RE: Oi Watch it

Yes i am proud to be a GAME Monkey (i get discount). But bare the following in mind.
Its impossilbe for every GAME staff to remember every single release date or have played every single game, and generaly each staff member has a particular platform the like more than the others (mine's PC), so they end up knowing more about that one type.
So when some noob comes in and ask's "When's Tomb Raider out?" in a stupid voice, Im thinking I dont care you muppet, but of course i cant say that (the Customer is always/generally right), and I generally respond, "im not sure, but i'll find out for you".
Which is where the magic book of knowledge called the "bulletin" comes in, this little mag has all the relesae dates GAME know about. Which is way, these Monkeys run off to find it everytime you ask them a question.
Also, everyone expects you to have played EVERY game, its annoying. aahhh......BANG!

But the staff are a great bunch of people and its nice when you meet customer who plays the same stuff as you.

C

CAC

yeah but you dont get many ps2 users on theses forums:cheers:

G

Gumbo

Well, the GAME staff in Norwich rely too much on their little book, cos they wouldn't sell me a copy today. In fact the guy in a tie of whom I asked if there was any way he could check, said, 'Look, I'm not selling you a copy today', and walked off before I could reply.

So, bit of a pisser really. Is there anywhere I can see and print off the official release, so I can ram it down this guys throat if I go tomorrow, and maybe get some money off to pay for 2*petrol and 2*parking :p

Or alternatively, just go to pc world.

Thinking on it, I might pm DaGaffer, unless he chooses to reply in here.

P

[PS]Venom

Luckily I didn't have to argue with meadowhall GAME.

I was ready to start kicking off something cronic :)

Used to work there so would have given a BIG mouthful if they were being munkehs :D

C

cjc1664

Pretty much the same thing happened to me today, I phoned my local branch (Ealing) and asked if they had PS in stock. A couple of minutes went by, and he came back to tell me that it was out tomorrow.

I then phoned Canary Wharf, and they said they had so many copies that they wouldn't even sell them out today.

Now, either Ealing was left off the delivery map, or he looked in the book.

Either way, I've got PS turning up in about ... half an hour

Huzzah!

S

Scooba Da Bass

It seems the instructions came in via an email and some store staff can't read :(

Y

Yoni

I had to get the game bod at our local to ring his area manager before he would release our two copies - he did and we have them >;] excellent playing

W

Will

I went in to a local-ish GAME, told them it had came out a day early. The man nodded, took a copy off the prime spot on the shelf and put that against my pre-order.

After all that, I've not even played it yet.

G

Gef

Whoo just bought it, they only had two copies left so if you STILL havent got it I would get moving quicky!!

Users who are viewing this thread