Advice Rattling GPU fan

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
So I've got a now fairly old 780ti. It's a triple fan Zotac AMP job and one of the fans (Furthest from the ports) has been rattling. It's starting to get on my tits and since I can't afford to replace my card at the moment I wanted to get your opinions on whether or not the card would survive if I disconnected that fan. There are two others but I know that one covers at least some of the onboard memory.

Cheers.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Suck it and see.

I'd not do it myself.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
prob has a bit of hard dusty shite in it or something, the only way to clean that is by taking the fan completely off which is a right fuck on.

Syri

FH is my second home
If that fan is only over the memory, it may be ok to disable it. If you do though, I'd say to lower the clock speed on the memory at least, just to reduce the heat generated a little. The card should power down or slow itself if temperatures start to get too high anyway, though it may be an idea to have something like SpeedFan, or if the manufacturer has a monitoring tool, running to see how it's going.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So I've got a now fairly old 780ti. It's a triple fan Zotac AMP job and one of the fans (Furthest from the ports) has been rattling. It's starting to get on my tits and since I can't afford to replace my card at the moment I wanted to get your opinions on whether or not the card would survive if I disconnected that fan. There are two others but I know that one covers at least some of the onboard memory.

Cheers.
How old? Zotac do 5 year warranty if you registered ZOTAC - Mini PCs and GeForce GTX Gaming Graphics Cards | ZOTAC

Might be worth contacting support anyway if you didn't register or it's too old. When I had issues with the fan controller on my case, nzxt replaced it for free even though it was 7 years old. They may have spare fans.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Should've paid more attention to the thread I started! Still rattling. Can't afford to upgrade my card yet though. Hopefully May. Not affecting performance so I'm not too worried right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom