Rather annoyed

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tilda

ok,
i was busy skilling in cammy and a paladin PM's me and practically begs me to SC something for him.
so i ask him if he knows what he wants etc and he says no.
I then suggest he downloads the SC calc.
theharms.org/daoc/
he dont want to because it means logging out, so i design it all for him too.
so then i tell him a list of stuff to buy (me = uber encumbered)
and after about 5 mins he PM's me and says acctually m8 dont bother ill get it elsewhere.
this was slightly annoying because ive just spent 30 mins designig this armour for this person.
we hadnt even discussed prices so he cant say I was overcharging.
I think its just st00pid to make me work it all out for him and then go elsewhere.
are ASq SC'ers unable to design people in their guild's armour?
id gladly help them.

yes Ocond im talking to you!

Tilda
cross in camelot :(

V

Vorcyn

Items wanted:
- Prismatic Opal Ring

You might be waiting a long time considering its a hib drop :p

Prismatic Opal Ring - from named Champion in Maf Caverns

Yes, it's from the Hib RvR dungeon. The ring is kinda common, we've had 3 drop for us already. Pretty sure it's the human champion mob in the back of a room with a pit. Black lady is harder to kill and we've only had one belt drop.

http://pub143.ezboard.com/fbardsofcamelotfrm12.showMessageRange?topicID=283.topic&start=58&stop=62

P

pogo121

Tilda

This solves what? posting on a forum, god.... grow up mate

I was informed by my guild I could get it for almost nothing from a good friend, I dont have to prove anything to you...

Now get back to ur crafting my dear...

E

Exiled

Re: Tilda

Originally posted by pogo121

and from a mod too oooooooooh

V

Vim

Re: Tilda

Originally posted by pogo121

I was informed by my guild I could get it for almost nothing from a good friend, I dont have to prove anything to you...

Now get back to ur crafting my dear...

Next time when you go ask for something to be SC'd maybe plan it first instead of wasting crafters time. Many crafters would've probably told you to fuck off and not even bother plan you anything. He/She did and you throw it to His/her face. Good game

A

Arnor

You might be waiting a long time considering its a hib drop :p

OMGLOL! :D

:ROFLMAO:

----------------------------------

Item hitlist:
<insert uber alb item here>

O

old.LandShark

Re: Re: Tilda

Originally posted by Vim

Next time when you go ask for something to be SC'd maybe plan it first instead of wasting crafters time. Many crafters would've probably told you to fuck off and not even bother plan you anything. He/She did and you throw it to His/her face. Good game

Yups...
YOU are in the wrong here, ocond, not Tilda.
btw Arnor: laugh even harder, i told him aaaggess ago it wasn't alb :p

A

Arthwyr

Ergh you approach a SC to imbue your armor and you dont have a clue as to how ... then after he made you a template you kindly tell him thx I'll go have the template you made for me crafted by someone else ... nice

Ok if any Spellcrafters are reading this I have a full 99qual set of leather armor and 3 99qual weapons furthermore I am using the infil epic cloack, epic ring, macabre medalion, jodb, uhm that bracer from df with the +2 stealth, that bracer that drops from cornw giants (the one with the slash resist) and a belt of granite enhancement. I'm too lazy to look up all the stats on em so you can do that for me while you designeme a SC template. Plz note I want hitpoints, slash and crush resist capped and all magic resistances part from spirit at at least 15%. I thank you in advance but ofcourse can't guarantee that I actualy order it with you because I probable overlooked some friend who can craft it for me cheaper then you but he can't be arsed to make me a template. thx in advance
PS not to expensive plz and if you blow my stuff up I want a refund
/end sarcasm (just in case anyone thought i was serious here)

A

alithiel50

If someones spends 30 minutes designing a suit for you, you should at least make a contribution to their crafting fund in recognition of the help they've given you. :rolleyes:

Although as far as I'm concerned, designing and tweaking the setup for an SC suit is all part of the fun, so you should do it yourself! It's taken me a lot longer than 30 minutes to swap stuff around and play with overcharging levels to come up with a fantastic setup (all resists, 3 attributes, hits and 3 skills all capped!), but I've enjoyed every minute I've spent doing it. Now I just need to go and farm the cash required to buy it, and wait for SI for the last few pieces of jewllery I need!

F

Flimgoblin

Tilda - point out there's a 50g consultancy fee which they get back if they buy the suit from you.

No discussion till they pay it :) unless they give you a list of exact gems to make of course...

G

gunner440

bleh kinda shitty thing to happen, waht a dick :(

crafting is expensive u know..... and so is time.

T

Tilda

yeah :(, I think ill have to charge 25 / 50 gold consultation befor i start designing in future.
still a shame though

Tilda

S

skile

I'm on the buyers side here. If you are trying to sell something you should provide your costumer with the information needed, esp since you are an expert. If the costumer finds a better price ofcourse he leaves to buy it. The only conclusion you should have is that you need to lower your prices to make the your business more attractive. A costumer should not be bound to buy just cause he asks questions and you THINKING he will buy it from you.

Respect should be payed to costumers, more than crafters.

S

skile

Originally posted by Tilda
yeah :(, I think ill have to charge 25 / 50 gold consultation befor i start designing in future.
still a shame though

Tilda

You are not scammed. And this only makes you business less attractive. Not a good decision. If your not ready to put time and effort in selling, why are you doing it then?

W

-Wedge-

Depends on what the question is, if he/she wants you to design their SC suit for them... Ask 25/50g which they can get back if they buy from you... I'm all for it :D (then again, I'm not fussed, got a SC crafter in the guild which is at 750 now, so wont be long)

D

Draylor

Originally posted by skile

In that case expect things to go the way of many US servers, where despite there being a large number of high-skill spellcrafters very few if any are willing to take orders from anyone other than their friends/guildmates.

Its bad enough wasting my time trying to work out exactly what armour people are trying to order, what itll cost, whether they can afford it etc, but that only tends to take a few minutes. I got used to the number of people who change their mind at the last minute LONG ago. Spellcrafters will probably spend 10 times longer working out what a customer actually requires than I do. I know how many experiences like the one Tilda describes it would take before I stopped bothering - and its not many.

T

Treniel-

omg skile are u insane?

I'm on the buyers side here. If you are trying to sell something you should provide your costumer with the information needed, esp since you are an expert. If the costumer finds a better price ofcourse he leaves to buy it. The only conclusion you should have is that you need to lower your prices to make the your business more attractive. A costumer should not be bound to buy just cause he asks questions and you THINKING he will buy it from you.

Respect should be payed to costumers, more than crafters

it takes AGES to design a decent template and then she has to make it and you think she should do that totally free when the people can just walk of after? omg....

:rolleyes:

O

old.LandShark

Skile...
Due to the amount of competition and the fact they can rarely sell their goods at any real profit, most crafters never make back what they spend getting to 1000+. They don't owe you anything, and by 'you' i mean 'any customer'.
Ocond is in the wrong here. Indisputably. Surely he knew he had a friend who was spellcrafting? Why the hell didn't he ask that friend before asking Tilda?? Too damn impatient to get his gear SC'd, too inconsiderate to buy from Tilda or even haggle for a price change. Tssk...

T

Tilda

you havent seem to have read that I said that we HADNT dicused payment befor he left, id just defigned it and told him what to buy

Tilda

B

bracken_woodman

Skile I think you're misunderstanding the situation. The design of the sc template was a service that Tilda provided. I understand that she will now be charging a small fee for this service in a future as a result of this. Quite rightly given the time that it takes to provide the service. Tilda doesnt charge for giving quotes or answering basic questions. (I was going to have my weapons spellcrafted by her, but my own impatience led me to get it done by someone else who was available at the time.) Ocond could, in my opinion, do the right thing here by making a donation to Tilda in recognition of the service she provided to him. It would be a nice gesture.

P

pogo121

What about the nice gesture she put up to ASq in the past....

<middle finger> but that’s another story....

Im sorry that I just buggered off, it was rude of me, I dont do that usually. No disrespect, but buying from my guilds crafters is not only good for our economy, but as I said, I could get the items I wanted slightly cheaper.

Stop making such a big issue of something that is so trivial, I didn’t say make the items, and you didn’t actually make the goods, therefore I wasn’t bound to any buying agreement.

and just for the record, I didn’t beg you Tilda, luv, I asked nicely.

Hope this thread can now end.

Thx

T

Tilda

ok, i didnt just middle finger ASq, I moved to FC because it was more suited my my relaxed casual style of play, also many of my friends from ASq had already left to join FC.
I dont wish to rub salt into old wounds, but I left for my own reasons having being loyal to ASq for over 6 months.
There is no reason firstly for ASq to feel bitter or call me a parasite in the process. All i want is for ASq to stop feeling so hard done by, if you feel you lost a good player, your not going to get be back by whining and shouting at me in game.

About the armour. how do you know that you can get it cheaper elsewhere because we HAD NOT dicussed prices. It was not even mentioned, so for all you know i was going to offer to craft at cost price.

Tilda

P

pogo121

I think u greatly misunderstood my intentions b4.

For a start all I wanted you to do was add some stats to my sword...NOT armor...where u got that from i dont know??

And the reason for going elsewhere was to put trade a guildies way.... no doubt you would do the same.

Now ive said sorry for hacking you off, there is some misunderstanding somewhere !

B

BadJelly

Muppets

Hmm,

And I've seen it from the other side - I've been doing shed loads of crafting for SC'ers, lots of which is real low level stuff for noob SC'ers who want to practise.

I get one the other day where I bend over backwards to try and be helpful, stop actual work on a paying job to make some woolen stuff for this guy.

Then the SC'er decides in broken English (which I have no issue with by the way, but he made no account it seems of the difficulty in understanding what he wanted) that he now wants some top quality cloth.

So I take the time explaining costs (I'm in cammy so will need to go to excal for material etc), and I think it was 5 times told him the cost (with no profit) of making an AF51 suit. All the time he's hassling me about when I can do it by, how quick he can have it.

I am at excal when he finally seems to wake up to the fact that the messages I've been sending along the lines of....

"The suit is going to cost xxx gp, are you ok with that?"

actually mean that I'm not giving him a few hundred gp's worth of stuff for free at which point [with the sinking feeling I must admit to not having felt for many months, and with the almost inevitability of a freight train] he utters:

"I haven't gold"

At which point I politely respond before sticking him on the ignore list.

So, it aint just customers of SC'ers that attract the muppets. Made me smile tho.

BJ

B

bowen-asq

The matter will be settled asap and we will refund any costs made.

It wil not happen again.

G

gunner440

spank him hard!!1 only way to learn

then spank him again... just for fun..

K

K0nah

well next time tell them to come back when they have a clue.

isn't going to be the last time u get someone pm u and say "err i think i want some SC doing, what is it btw?.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom