Rate the 360 Launch Games Please :)

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Have only got a couple myself but I would say....

Kameo 7/10

Bit too cutsey for my tastes (looks like a Nintendo game) but its playable and clever. Probably a grower.

Perfect Dark Zero 8/10

Outstandingly pretty on my HDTV and good sound too. Good humour in the game and very playable. Found the controls a bit strange (I keep crouching!) but with a few more hours on it I hope to have the controls mastered. Multiplayer modes look excellent.

I will probably buy another game or two tomorrow and some extra bits (another controller, rechargable packs etc) so I will be reading this thread eagerly to see what games you guys are enjoying the most ;)

Sar

Part of the furniture
I have a mate in work got one for his son - £90 for Kameo and Condemned!

Fuck that! I haven't paid that sort of money for console games since the height of the SNES days back in 93/94.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I have 5 games in all:

PDZ = probably an 8.0, the story just sucks i think great eye candy but not a scratch on PD64.

Kameo = 8.5 not really played too much but the world is lovely and the story is better then PDZ some thought actually went into this story.

COD2 = 9.5 craps all over PDZ from a great 50 story block building,

Condemned= 8.8 a must buy abit repetative but what game isn't?

Need For Speed Most Wanted= 9.2 This is my fav game so far alot to do content wise the cut scenes are funny as hell and this game just looks gorgeous! Also the Police chases are great.

I will not buy any more games now because imo i have pretty much the best 5 games at launch (yes for me PGR3 is the same as PGR2 except nice graphics, no way in hell does this game come close to NFSMT for fun/speed and pure excitment)

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Have to agree about Need for Speed, got that today and love it to pieces. 9/10 for me!

Aada

Part of the furniture
Turamber said:
Have to agree about Need for Speed, got that today and love it to pieces. 9/10 for me!

cool man how far are you? i just beat number 13 blacklist guy Vic.. also won his car which owns :)

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
thing im having problems with is i already have CoD2 and NFS:MW on my PC, so im not gunna pay out again for the 360 games
my reviews
PDZ - solid game, bit samey in solo... has "goldeneye" potential in Live. 8 / 10
PGR3 - fantastic sim style racer - tbh best 360 live game imo 9.5 /10
Kameo - amazing solo player game, best single player game of the 360 launch games 9 / 10

now while i dont have these games, i have played em and heres what i think

CoD2 - £15 more then the Pc game, with worst controlls, and the same gfx - keyboard n mouse > controller. Also PC online matchmaking is better then live
NFS:MW - ok its a good game.... but its NFS at heart, so its just like every other NFS game - the racing equivlent of the fifa games, new one every year slightly better looks / play style... but still the same thing.... dont know why you contine buying them, but you do.
Fifa 2006 - fifa 05 /04 /03 with better gfx...

Aada

Part of the furniture
Sparda said:
thing im having problems with is i already have CoD2 and NFS:MW on my PC, so im not gunna pay out again for the 360 games
my reviews
PDZ - solid game, bit samey in solo... has "goldeneye" potential in Live. 8 / 10
PGR3 - fantastic sim style racer - tbh best 360 live game imo 9.5 /10
Kameo - amazing solo player game, best single player game of the 360 launch games 9 / 10

now while i dont have these games, i have played em and heres what i think

CoD2 - £15 more then the Pc game, with worst controlls, and the same gfx - keyboard n mouse > controller. Also PC online matchmaking is better then live
NFS:MW - ok its a good game.... but its NFS at heart, so its just like every other NFS game - the racing equivlent of the fifa games, new one every year slightly better looks / play style... but still the same thing.... dont know why you contine buying them, but you do.
Fifa 2006 - fifa 05 /04 /03 with better gfx...

PGR3 = PGR 2.5 with shiney new graphics nothing new what so ever! the racing is very dull.

NFS:MW yes its NFS but it has a hell of alot more content then PGR3 and its more fun.. the police chases are insane.

Its took a while for PGR3 but everything is the same too? what are you getting at exactly? :)

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Aada said:
cool man how far are you?

Not very far into it at all. Trying to get enough rep. to take on the lowest blacklisted guy, haven't got to grips with just how to lose the police in a chase yet. Had an amazing chase that landed around ten minutes, but it ended badly!

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
my point is PGR is a solid and great game, i hvae PGR2 aswell and the online career and halding of the cars in 3 make the game shine more.

this on the other hand was how NFS:MW was concieved.
EA boss man : Shit i need a pay rise and a new boat. We need to release another game!
EA flunky : How about need for speed undground 3 sir, its been 6 months since the last 1!
EA boss man : No No NO, NFS:U 2 only got me enough money to get a new house, i need a boat dammit!! We need something new, orriginal, amazing, and aimed at 15 yearolds who will demand it off there parents for xmas!
EA flunky : we could release another need for speed game..remake NFS3?
EA boss man : No No No! Need to have something a bit "underground" about it or the teenage brats wont buy it.
EA flunky : we could take NFS:U mod sceen and put them with the police chases from NFS3. Re-wrap it up with a new name and sell it as something totally orignal, even though its a game from 1998 with a mod option added to the cars.
EA boss man : the kid wont know that though! sounds great, DO IT. remember only put 20 or so cars into the game, save the rest for the sequal, ill need a new pool in a few months!
EA flunky : Sir what about the 360, our develpment kit is tied up with the guy makin the fifas
EA boss man : Just ccopy the PC version and make noting original to the 360, then charge 30% more for it because its for a new console!

the end! till 5 months time when NFS :MW 2 coms out anyhow...

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Very amusing :rolleyes: Car games are all basically the same, drive fast and beat other drivers. Big deal. NFS is very well done, if you don't like it then whatever.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Sparda said:
my point is PGR is a solid and great game, i hvae PGR2 aswell and the online career and halding of the cars in 3 make the game shine more.

this on the other hand was how NFS:MW was concieved.
EA boss man : Shit i need a pay rise and a new boat. We need to release another game!
EA flunky : How about need for speed undground 3 sir, its been 6 months since the last 1!
EA boss man : No No NO, NFS:U 2 only got me enough money to get a new house, i need a boat dammit!! We need something new, orriginal, amazing, and aimed at 15 yearolds who will demand it off there parents for xmas!
EA flunky : we could release another need for speed game..remake NFS3?
EA boss man : No No No! Need to have something a bit "underground" about it or the teenage brats wont buy it.
EA flunky : we could take NFS:U mod sceen and put them with the police chases from NFS3. Re-wrap it up with a new name and sell it as something totally orignal, even though its a game from 1998 with a mod option added to the cars.
EA boss man : the kid wont know that though! sounds great, DO IT. remember only put 20 or so cars into the game, save the rest for the sequal, ill need a new pool in a few months!
EA flunky : Sir what about the 360, our develpment kit is tied up with the guy makin the fifas
EA boss man : Just ccopy the PC version and make noting original to the 360, then charge 30% more for it because its for a new console!

the end! till 5 months time when NFS :MW 2 coms out anyhow...

So your saying that NFS isn't a solid game? heh yeah.... right

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
no no dont get me wrong, i have NFS: MW on the PC and it is a very good game, just saying the 360 version doesnt warrent the £15 more you pay. I think the same of CoD 2.

Guess im just getting sick of EA rolling out sequals to games... NFS games are the "fifa's" of racing games, new one every 6 months with something a bit differnt then the last.

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
ive got pdz and pgr3

have to say as far as playing goes, i pretty much spend most of my time playing pgr3 against housemates - it looks stunning and its a really playable game and really good for what i call the 'social gaming' aspect - everyone can play a car game.

PDZ looks really good and plays really well but being a pc fps player myself i find it hard to control without a mouse , mabye if microsoft bring out a cordless mouse or something for the 360 we'll be in buisness - i just hate aiming with my thumb - but im getting better at it and it's still a good game and ive almost completed it on easy :)

so id say so far:

PDZ: 7 / 10
PGR3: 9 / 10

the 360 needs a decent fighting game soon, hoping killer instinct 3 will be out sooner rather than later - if not i'll probably end up getting whatever the first one to come out native for the 360 is - like a soul calibur-esque thing - another great one for the 'social gamer'.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Moo said:
ive got pdz and pgr3

have to say as far as playing goes, i pretty much spend most of my time playing pgr3 against housemates - it looks stunning and its a really playable game and really good for what i call the 'social gaming' aspect - everyone can play a car game.

PDZ looks really good and plays really well but being a pc fps player myself i find it hard to control without a mouse , mabye if microsoft bring out a cordless mouse or something for the 360 we'll be in buisness - i just hate aiming with my thumb - but im getting better at it and it's still a good game and ive almost completed it on easy :)

so id say so far:

PDZ: 7 / 10
PGR3: 9 / 10

the 360 needs a decent fighting game soon, hoping killer instinct 3 will be out sooner rather than later - if not i'll probably end up getting whatever the first one to come out native for the 360 is - like a soul calibur-esque thing - another great one for the 'social gamer'.

Heh can't remember the last time i played a fighting game they are that crap ;/ same thing over and over DOA2 is pretty much the same as the new DOA they bringing out next year.

Then they want £50 for it :D

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I have DOA4 on order, looks really good. DOA with your mates is great fun. You gits have convinced me to buy NFS:MW now. I'm going to end up with 5 launch titles, got Kameo coming tomorrow.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
been playing at mates place, PGR3 looked spunky till we decided to compare with pgr2 on xbox, graphics seem sharper and had better textures but not a vast improvement i thought, still a damn fun game mind

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
Yaka said:
been playing at mates place, PGR3 looked spunky till we decided to compare with pgr2 on xbox, graphics seem sharper and had better textures but not a vast improvement i thought, still a damn fun game mind

lol are you high?

pgr3 looks 100 times better than xbox pgr2.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
ah yes it does now, just discovered the 1080i mode and looks sweet on me dell 2405 monitor. thouight all i had to do was select hdtv on the cable.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Kameo looks like someone ate a set of neon crayons and vomited it onto the screen. Yuck. :(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Kameo looks lovely in high def, shame it's incredibly easy and very short. Also the control system isn't very smooth, RARE seem to have a theme here following on from pdz.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I think people are forgetting about the Live Arcade games that are bloody addictive, as I only own PDZ at the mo (amped 3 should arrive today and Gun on friday) so after a half an hour go on PDZ I thought I would like at the arcade games, bejeweled is always a classic but Hextic is so addictive, I bloody love it, have to get Geomatry (sry sp) wars when I get paid at the end of the week, heard great things about it.

Mind you capcom are guna release Arcade titles aswell which means we could see Double Dragon hoorah!!

Aada

Part of the furniture
PLightstar said:
I think people are forgetting about the Live Arcade games that are bloody addictive, as I only own PDZ at the mo (amped 3 should arrive today and Gun on friday) so after a half an hour go on PDZ I thought I would like at the arcade games, bejeweled is always a classic but Hextic is so addictive, I bloody love it, have to get Geomatry (sry sp) wars when I get paid at the end of the week, heard great things about it.

Mind you capcom are guna release Arcade titles aswell which means we could see Double Dragon hoorah!!

You bought GUN? are you for real? that game is horrible dude send it back and get something else, the game has had nothing but bad reviews so i rented it to see if it was what they said.. its horrible in everyway.

Get Need for Speed: MW its really fun.

Ridge Racer 556868 is out this month also if thats your cuppa tea personally i find it rather bland when they change nothing but how the game looks :)

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Got Gun off ebay cheap, so I'll give it a try. Got ridge racer on the PSP can't really see its worth on a console its more of a pick and play game.

Need for speed im still on the fence, is it more like the decent orginal NFS games or is it more like the highy overrated underground series?

DL the Kameo demo yesterday don't think ill be buying that.

Looking forward to DOA4, Gears of War and Ninety Nine nights im a sucker for Dynasty Warrior style Hack and slash games, and of course Oblivion, il D/L the condemed/PGR3/Q4 demos tonight to see what they are like, very dubious over Q4 as many ppl have said the game runs very slowly with lots of lag.

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
as soon as i get my box back from microsoft (it died) i'm gonna go grab either quake4 or call of duty2.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Why when you can get them for a quarter of the price for your pc, where they will look and play better.

Gun is not optimised for the 360. Absoulte pisstake considering the ps2 and xbox versions are £20 and the 360 version £50.

Mr.Bee

Fledgling Freddie
Games Ive bought or borrowed out of 10...

Call of Duty 2 - 8 very nice singleplayer but only 8 player multiplayer?!?
Kameo - 7 grew on me, too short tho :(
Condemned - 8 scared the hell of me (shite ending tho)
PGR3 - 7 not really into driving games
King Kong - 6 nice looking but meh...
PDZ - 5 meh...
Gauntlet - 10 YAY! ;)

Bring on oblivion!

Aada

Part of the furniture
PLightstar said:
Got Gun off ebay cheap, so I'll give it a try. Got ridge racer on the PSP can't really see its worth on a console its more of a pick and play game.

Need for speed im still on the fence, is it more like the decent orginal NFS games or is it more like the highy overrated underground series?

DL the Kameo demo yesterday don't think ill be buying that.

Looking forward to DOA4, Gears of War and Ninety Nine nights im a sucker for Dynasty Warrior style Hack and slash games, and of course Oblivion, il D/L the condemed/PGR3/Q4 demos tonight to see what they are like, very dubious over Q4 as many ppl have said the game runs very slowly with lots of lag.

I was stupid enough to buy Q4 it runs horrible.. yes it looks fucking awsome but it runs really bad.

On NFS:MW i don't know because i never really played the other NFS games tbh all i know is the game is alot of damn fun the police chases can last for hours when they start getting choppers and stuff to keep track of you oh and the stinger traps are annoying ;/

Ive got pretty much all the main release games.

PDZ
Kameo
Q4
COD2
NFS:MW
PGR3

Honestly the only 2 games ive enjoyed are COD2/NFS:MW ;/

I hate PDZ its so badly done for instance the 2nd mission where you should use stealth.. thats fucking awsome except the first guard right in front of you isn't passable unless you kill him.. then that silly bitch on the com moans im not using stealth! Horrible game really rare need to start producing a game they did with Goldeneye or was that just a fluke?

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
Ch3tan said:
Why when you can get them for a quarter of the price for your pc, where they will look and play better.

Gun is not optimised for the 360. Absoulte pisstake considering the ps2 and xbox versions are £20 and the 360 version £50.

cuz my pc is shite.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
you were supposed to use Stealth? whoops, I smacked that guy over the head, went round the corner some guy saw me, then I blasted my way through the rest of the level. I starting to get to grips with the game and finally forgiven it for not having a Jump, but the roll and grab cover works pretty well, theres some great elements to that game, but its still lacking in many departments I think RARE are still creating N64 titles, but with new graphics for some reason playing that, Kameo and Conker I felt like I was playing a N64.

Played Amped 3 last night, bloody great ok the graphics aren't massively impressive but the gameplay is brillant, sleding is plain fun with a mate and I love pelting people with snowballs as I go down the hill, love the ranking system aswell im something like 3455 in the world. Played the Q4 demo last night its ok not brill but ok, NFSMW demo I hated the races but the Police chases were fun, Condemed Demo so good guna have to buy that game, very tense game.

Aada

Part of the furniture
PLightstar said:
you were supposed to use Stealth? whoops, I smacked that guy over the head, went round the corner some guy saw me, then I blasted my way through the rest of the level. I starting to get to grips with the game and finally forgiven it for not having a Jump, but the roll and grab cover works pretty well, theres some great elements to that game, but its still lacking in many departments I think RARE are still creating N64 titles, but with new graphics for some reason playing that, Kameo and Conker I felt like I was playing a N64.

Played Amped 3 last night, bloody great ok the graphics aren't massively impressive but the gameplay is brillant, sleding is plain fun with a mate and I love pelting people with snowballs as I go down the hill, love the ranking system aswell im something like 3455 in the world. Played the Q4 demo last night its ok not brill but ok, NFSMW demo I hated the races but the Police chases were fun, Condemed Demo so good guna have to buy that game, very tense game.

Oh thought there was one game i left out lol :) i got Condemed too its ok but abit repetative.

Just want Oblivion now :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom