Rapid Fire - When to use it?

O

old.TeaSpoon

Well I've had my scout since a month into release, and he's only just hit the dizzy heights of 38.

I just got RF and was wondering from the experts out there, when was the best times to use it in PvE and RvR?

Input appriciated.

R

Roalith

I use RF virtually all the time in RvR. My normal proceedure is to wait for a standing/mezzed/stunned target, line up a crit in stealth, then immediately hit RF and start plinking away. Tends to drop casters very fast, and unless the opposing group has a good healer or 3 you can tear through most non-shield classes.

A

Aoln

In RvR I use to leech from others quickly :)D) taking down casters and keeping enemy supports under control :)

A

Ardrias_Mid

Never use it. Never. Dont use Longshot or volley either. I know this, because I have... err... 12 level 50 scouts on another server.

S

Sharma

Originally posted by Aoln
In RvR I use to leech from others quickly :)D) taking down casters and keeping enemy supports under control :)

5 shots at me in 5 secs :eek:

S

sru

For me, it is a form of caster/healer crowd control. With a good quick buff, you can keep 2-3 casters/healers busy by switching between targets. My record is 3 mids.

But, your down side, is the reduced damange. However, just the ability to get 4-5 arrows off and no return nuke makes RF well worth it.

RF, PA plus volley has transformed RvR into something vaguely pleasant - one of the nicer Mythic changes.

The other side effect of RF is that a hunting bow is no longer needed. I was fed up with switching bows when fast shooting was required for casters etc.

S

speshneeds

never use it in pve really, no need imo

rvr - awesome interupt on _anything_ and drops casters so damn quick.

same as above, Crit something, click RF, pincusion them.

very rarely use normal shots these days

S

Shanaia

Aye way to many things to interupt you if you have to wait 3 seconds for the next arrow to fly away ...

I in deed Sru I love suppressing a healer or two <cheers>

Users who are viewing this thread