Rant..

Olgaline

FH is my second home
So I Just heard that the majority of Danish vacation Resorts
and swimming centers are enforcing a total ban on camera's
and camera phones due to fear of pedofiles taking pictures of random
kids while they are swimming.

this imo is utterly rediculouse, it's hunting pegions with balistic artillery!!!
I mean geez!! what has this world come to when i cannot take a picture of my step son having fun in the pool at a swimming resort for fear of some odd off change that some pervert might be taking random picutes at the other side of the pool. If this was to heppen to me that some random pool guard told me not to take pics of my stepson swimming I'd feel awkard and get very pissed off as imo it would take a perfectly innocent situation and turn it into an objectifisation of my kid!

and will this really prevent anything ?

honestly wtf!!!
Lets all build bomb shelters and live there for ever in small family units in everlasting fear of terrorists, pedofiles and nuclear holocaust!

Laddey

FH is my second home
omg stfu its not their fault.

oj.

What would you use to hunt these pidgeons?

leviathane

Part of the furniture
i would for starters not ask the help of these guys
mutt22.jpg

Ezteq

Queen of OT
yeah its nuts, b2's mum does marshalling at swimming contests and this guy took a pic of his kid up on the podium after he'd won the race and then another parent came over and demanded the camera because his kid was on the stand too, he said something like my kid could be in the picture and im a lawyer blah blah

i go down the beach and take photos all the time, i dont try to photograph people because i have no interest in them, what i want is the landscape and scenery if somebody gets in my shot i usually delete it anyway because i dont want to look at people in my pictures but if someone was to come up and demand my camera just because their kid ran in my shot i'd be furious. so i suspect they will ban cameras in all public places soon tbh.

and if you think thats far fetched, think back to the 80s (if you can lol) and ask yourself how people would have reacted if youd told them they could no longer smoke in public places in 20 years time, they'd laugh in your face.

we're giving pedophiles too much power, everywhere you look theres a possible pedophile or kidnapper or terrorist. People just need to chill the hell out and stop being so damned anal.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
aye it seems alienation & fear are rapidly replacing commen sence.

I do think that the fact that more and more light is shun on the issue of pedofiles
the better, and it's becoming less and less of a tabu, wich is a good and productive thing.
but overracting isnt productive either.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
but then I guess it's inevertable and most of us cant
deny already being influenced to some degree, I'll give you an example
My GF took some pictures of my son butt naked on his "red/blue scooter"
now it's the most adorable and cute pic you'll ever see, and how anyone could ever obectify it sexually is utterly beyond me,

yet! I'd never post it on the net.
so even I have been affectted by all the stories lately, but i still think that common sence and maybe increased alertnes is the answer not Bans that hit reach far and wide, and basicly "criminalizes" perfectly honest people and situations

Ezteq

Queen of OT
yep, the pedophiles are going to do what the hell ever they want anyway, theyre not going to obey these laws...its only honest people who do that.

its a bit like saying ok carrying a weapon is against the law, so the honest people who would never commit a crime dont carry a weapon and the criminals who dont give a monkeys knacker about law carry what they like and use it againt the honest, and now defenceless people.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Olgaline, the funny thing is, that noone can really defend the camera use. Because that SURELY would mean that you're advocating or defending paedophilia.

Right?

But on the other hand, we want to eliminate that sort of thing, yet again, not with the cost of our own freedom. Which means, that if everyones freedom were to be taken into consideration, nothing could change.

It's a real mindtwister at times, nevermind the last bit if you don't want to hurt ze brain.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
hehe well,

but still surely one can advocate for common sence, without simultaneously defending phedofilia ?

And altho it isnt a determined size, surely freedom within boundries is accepteble and
if you want that freedom you have to be willing to accept a certain degree of risk, or els you'd basicly be advocating for totalitarian utopia ?

Is that really what we want ?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Oh i'm not defending any bans really, ANY, except maybe guns, but then with outlawing guns, only outlaws would have guns(chuck). So basically not even that. Anyhoo...

But, yes, there needs to be some common sense in this all. I mean come on, kids can't bring candy to school because some kid has a nutproblem?

Olgaline

FH is my second home
aye true,

it's not confined to phedofilia alone,
infact I'd say fear is doing better for it self than it has for many decades.
we'r at the point where we hardly trust our own naibors cause god forbid they might
be an evil axe wielding phedofiliactic aids riden libral comunistic rapist arab muslim terrorist!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom