Rant!!

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Why are people who work in the Tech guys thing in PC world fucking useless?

My mate had a PC from them and the harddrive has gone, its still under warranty so they sent a new HD out. But no recovery CDs so they told me to go into the store to get one

I was there for over an hour, watching these idiots work was unbelievable. At one point i felt like going behind the counter to help. Eg one guy came in with an HP printer and said he wanted to know what cartridges it took, saying he has no clue how to check. The first thing i would have done is open the printer up and check there. NOOOOO the bird takes the type of printer then spends 15-20 mins trying to work out the cartridge from their database, i said to her go to google and put it in there you will have your answer in 5 seconds. She wasnt impressed i told her what to do but the guy was happy.

I then argued with the guy for 20 mins with him asking me for the serial no. of the PC. He then said to me i needed to open the PC up, remove the power supply for the serial number under that, to which i replied "how would an old lady do that?"

In the end i told him we will be bringing the PC back and getting a full refund due "to you being a total pleb with no knowledge of your job" He agreed with me

It was just shocking watching these people work.

Another guy came in and said his CD drive wasnt working, techie asked if the CD drive was showing up in My computer, when the customer said yes, the techie went "oh i dont know then" What sort of answer is that???

/rant

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Well its pretty common knowledge that PC world are useless, they don't employ people who know what they are doing through fear of losing them to real computer companies.

They would have to pay me to take one of their PCs

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Agree with Raven. I'd never buy a computer from PC world.

Take your average mild-mannered silver surfer. First time buyer of a computer. Goes into his/her local PC world thinking their gonna get first class professional expert service. Something goes wrong, and they're presented by a team (and I use that term in its loosest possible meaning) of lobotomised chavs, with the customer service skills of a football hooligan, the techinical and product expertise of a corpse, and the patience of an Islamic fundamentalist terrorist.

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
It's true, they can't afford to pay techie wages so they can't hire real techies, for fear that they'll lose their employees. Friend of mine fell on hard times and joined their tech support team (his previous computing experience having been in sales for a hardware retailer we both worked for) and had to teach their guys how to use a computer without a mouse.

Turns out almost every single one of em was a college kid happy to accept near minimum wage for an easy ride job.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Another guy came in and said his CD drive wasnt working, techie asked if the CD drive was showing up in My computer, when the customer said yes, the techie went "oh i dont know then" What sort of answer is that???

Agree with Raven. I'd never buy a computer from PC world.

Take your average mild-mannered silver surfer. First time buyer of a computer. Goes into his/her local PC world thinking their gonna get first class professional expert service. Something goes wrong, and they're presented by a team (and I use that term in its loosest possible meaning) of lobotomised chavs, with the customer service skills of a football hooligan, the techinical and product expertise of a corpse, and the patience of an Islamic fundamentalist terrorist.

rofl harris

Dukat

Resident Freddy

Rofl, that is so close to what happened to me its almost scary.

Parents bought me a PC world computer for my 18th birthday, I had trouble with it and for the better part of a year I was fixing problems and upgrading/replacing hardware. PC world tech support were about as helpful as a runny fart in white trousers, infact thats probably giving them too much praise.

That said, the fact that they didnt help me meant I had to solve the problems largely on my own, so I learnt a hell of a lot whilst doing it.

- English -

Resident Freddy
by 18 u should have known u wer getting a pc and you should have atleast told them not to get it from PC world. I was building my own specs @ 17. Not the latest age, just when i could affoard the buy the parts myself

Helme

Resident Freddy
Ahh, how I wish there was similar companies in Sweden - how easy it would be to get a job -.-

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Everyone must moan a little more, it makes miserable shits like me feel in place

Dukat

Resident Freddy
by 18 u should have known u wer getting a pc and you should have atleast told them not to get it from PC world. I was building my own specs @ 17. Not the latest age, just when i could affoard the buy the parts myself

Actually, I didnt know I was getting a PC at all, even now (I'm 22) my parents are still obsessed with keeping my presents secret from me hehe, even this last christmas I had no idea what I was getting. I've told them it doesnt really matter but its kinda turned into a tradition, its the same in reverse - I always keep my parents presents secret too, its just the way its always been in my family.

I've known people who have built thier own PC at a very young age, its great you could build your own spec at age 17, but when I was 18 I was still learning and to be honest I'd not have been confident enough in building it all from scratch at that point, I've done it recently, and what I learnt from my PC world experience helped, and knowing what I do now I'd never in a million years buy a prebuilt PC from anywhere, let alone PC world.

That said, I dont think I did anything particularly wrong, the "should've known better" thing makes it sound like I brought it on myself, where as to be fair this isnt the case at all. I wasnt stupid when I was 18, but I wasnt particularly great with hardware at that point, its only really in the last few years that I've learnt enough to be confident in building a pc from scratch.

PC world seem to get most of thier business from similar people, either parents/older people who dont really know much about computers and just want something they can plug in and use, or kids who know a little bit but dont have the experience to know that PC world are the some of the biggest tossers going. While I dont think ignorance is an excuse, I do think that PC world do a good job at pretending to be a responsible company up until the point where you actually buy something.

soze

I am a FH squatter
If i did not work where i do i would buy a PC from PC World becuase they are cheap but i would only buy a HP or similar that i can get support directly from HP and never speak to PC World.

Himse

FH is my second home
I've brought stuff from there such as my laptop, but they tried to give me all sorts of bollocks, and they tried to tell me that i COULDN'T take vista off the machine ;d proved them wrong.

they also gave me a version of norton which didn't work on vista, i told them to take that right back in the store room ;\

Just don't buy cheap pc's, pc world have a thing about making crap sound good.

"Advert - INTEL CELERON 2GHZ PROCESSOR, 80 GIG HD! ONLY 499! Brilliant i'll take one now!"

such bullshit ;d

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
PCWorld are fucking awful but so are Microdirect. Poor service is endemic in the PC industry, I know that from first hand experience as I have been a computer engineer for the best part of 15 years. During that time witnessed some insane things and heard some stories that would blow your mind. For instance, I worked with a guy called Gavin about 6 years ago, he was fucking useless and the only work experience he had was as a PC tech for PCWorld. One day during lunch he started telling me some of the things he got up to, for instance....

A customer had come in one day and had been ranting and raving because his new PC had gone tits up. Gavin did not like being shouted at. During his lunch hour Gavin took a shit into a polythene bag and then once the PC had been repaired by a collegue Gavin dropped the fresh turd into the case whilst no-one was looking. 3 weeks later the customer is back after finding a half baked shit in the PC and Gavin's collegue gets the sack because he was supposedly the only person working on it and he had signed off on the QA check.

That might not be a common occurance at PCWorld but with some of the people they employ it wouldn't suprise me if it happens occasionally.

Himse

FH is my second home
ROFLLLL

shit in the pc :D seriously

how fucking dumb to write his name down though :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom