Rangers in groups?

Thlauni

Fledgling Freddie
Heh flame away all

Just wanted to know why people seem soo againt having rangers in groups?

I can list at least a few good reasons for having them.
1. Recon for ambush. I see full group wipes all the time cause people run straight into a mezz or similar. Why not use a stealther as recon.
2. Interrupter (with good damage) as a ranger on rapid fire send out arrows rather fast (2 sec and less)
3. Damage, well at least as a BB'et ranger, as u get high skill on both bow and pierce.

of course other classes may be more groupfriendly, but to me it seems there are also some good opportunities.

Durrell

Fledgling Freddie
1. We prefer to be solo or stlth groups (forced in classic as no one grpd us)
2. Didnt play ranger to be a fg recon bot

If you need a group just /who Stealth and im sure they invite you.

Stealth gank groups rock

But as i said up top a lot of us do prefer to go solo and roam.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Thlauni said:
Heh flame away all

Just wanted to know why people seem soo againt having rangers in groups?

I can list at least a few good reasons for having them.
1. Recon for ambush. I see full group wipes all the time cause people run straight into a mezz or similar. Why not use a stealther as recon.
2. Interrupter (with good damage) as a ranger on rapid fire send out arrows rather fast (2 sec and less)
3. Damage, well at least as a BB'et ranger, as u get high skill on both bow and pierce.

of course other classes may be more groupfriendly, but to me it seems there are also some good opportunities.

1. By the time you go ahead to recon and pass the info, the rest of the group will be dead.
2. More classes can do it in a much better way.
4. Same as 3.

This is no flame, it's pure facts. Rangers are on a different damage/hp table than tanks. Trying to be one is just not going to work. Stealth is what you're getting as a trade off, and tbh it's one of the best stealther classes out there.

Squalion

Fledgling Freddie
I tanked quite well tbh gear :D, oh wait that was my pala in wow :mad:

on a serious note, if your playing a ranger and hope to get into fgvsfg action, your playing the wrong class, rangers do best in grps with other stealthers or taticly assisting realm mates at mgs etc (leeching)

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Thlauni said:

that made me laugh really hard. still laughing btw. :D

so a ranger can rf for like 1.1-1.2 secs doing like 180-210 dmg on casters (using fool's bow) and if the caster does a /angry towards u, your shots get intrerupted. In the mean time a caster can spam a dd nuking at 0.9-1.0 secs and doing 300-400 dmg.
and no, dont mention sureshot since the same caster can nuke u between ur shots :)

there r better dmg dealers/Interrupter ingame than a ranger

angrysquirrel

Fledgling Freddie
1. get bodygaurd

rangers are invited into groups in towers, cant for the life of me figure out why..

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
only role for a ranger could be perma bodyguarder or grapple bot, both of which can be done better by a hero, champ or even blademaster

Galid

Loyal Freddie
well i wouldn't be much interested in playing in grps. for several reasons. however rangers can be a bonus.

for instance a BG ranger bg'ing a healer while shooting other caster/support (from where ur doing the bg, and that a hero cant do) while shooting, u completely ignore the fact that is BG. rangers are made for beeing alone and thatswhere they should be. but it works.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
i reckon a ranger could be ok, if he drops 0 stealth etc..

but ofc any tank worth his salt is better.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Gear said:
1. By the time you go ahead to recon and pass the info, the rest of the group will be dead.
2. More classes can do it in a much better way.
4. Same as 3.

Am i the only one slightly confused why you went from 2 to 4 and then to go on and refer to 3?

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Naffets said:
Am i the only one slightly confused why you went from 2 to 4 and then to go on and refer to 3?

Is the concept of a "typo" hard to grasp?

Thlauni

Fledgling Freddie
Well was just wondering, as I could see some interesting opportunities.
Personally I love the ranger for the solo ability, but sometimes it is fun to be in a group speeding across the country instead.

Guess that is why I am playing more than one char ;-) as other chars are obiously more group oriented

liloe

It's my birthday today!
We ran with Galis sometimes which was pretty fun =) His arrow consumption was pretty high though, as he did use RF all the time ofc =)

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
Noone ever suspects the butterfly ... MUAHAHAHA! ... DoH! ....The ranger

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom