Secreet

Fledgling Freddie
Just curious how everyone (Rangers) are thinking about the last patch

U love it ? :bazbeer:

u hate it ? :(

Mnexxiz

Fledgling Freddie
Nothing changed.

You might follow the news and patch notes to be informed. As the 11th commandment goes: He who can read shall be happy !

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Just add and leech like you usually do, what can change?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Just add and leech like you usually do, what can change?

secreet is one of the good apples amongst the pile of rotten shit that is CLA.

not a lot has changed for rangers, or indeed archers in the latest patch, its the next patch that the big changes come.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
secreet is one of the good apples amongst the pile of rotten shit that is CLA.

not a lot has changed for rangers, or indeed archers in the latest patch, its the next patch that the big changes come.

Well everytime I fought someone in Hadrian's yesterday, he was one of the 18108 rangers that shot me.. so yeah if it has any other definition than leeching you can enlighten me!

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
I think he's talking about the changes regarding shield and dw. Scouts pack close to 400 dex and they can defo cap blocking rates.

For an assassin not a lot have changed, there are still a lot of ways to beat a scout and fights have become way more interesting, but rangers will be finding it quite difficult to cut through that shield.

It has come the time where scouts out-perform rangers on melee... oh well

aika

Can't get enough of FH
I think he's talking about the changes regarding shield and dw. Scouts pack close to 400 dex and they can defo cap blocking rates.

For an assassin not a lot have changed, there are still a lot of ways to beat a scout and fights have become way more interesting, but rangers will be finding it quite difficult to cut through that shield.

It has come the time where scouts out-perform rangers on melee... oh well

Didn't notice any change tbh, but played inf only for 2 evenings after patch, didnt have much problems getting through shield.. Played valk with 42+12 shield as well and ppl didnt have problems getting through my shield either :)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
most rangers are freefrags for melee oriented scouts now

only hard fight vs a ranger was the other day against killsimba who had the luckiest streak of somprocs ive ever seen and used ip, he won with 13% in the end

i really don't see how a scout can lose against a ranger if equal rr anymore, even with hybrid spec. the blocking changes are one thing, but the most significant is malice nerf. rangers would always proc malice sooner or later and at that point the scout is completely useless, but now they have no way to get past shield whatsoever

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
what vf said.
i found that scouts block and evade an impressive amount in this patch... and yes, assassins have it easier than rangers but still, scouts are no longer easy arpees

Bondoila

Fledgling Freddie
Tried a few scouts on the ranger, most of them where low ranks however so couldn't notice much blocking.

I guess a scout specing 50 shield and rest wepon could be a pain. If that scout also have mob4,ad3,pd3,purge3 and ip2, then it should be pretty imposs to win vs it with a ranger.

From a rangers point of view they are probably now the hardest stealther of all to play. Assasins have always been > rangers. Hunters have that silly pet and now scouts > rangers with there increased block vs dw.

Secreet

Fledgling Freddie
Well everytime I fought someone in Hadrian's yesterday, he was one of the 18108 rangers that shot me.. so yeah if it has any other definition than leeching you can enlighten me!

Didn t spent much time on Secreet yesterday evening but only met 3 solo stealthers which i fought 1 on 1. Rest was just the regular duo/ trio , zerg, adders or popwhores.

But sometimes it was a bit hectic with the steamrollers around and I could have plunged some arrows in you believing you weren t solo. Soz if that s what happened.
Dont know your infi name btw.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
spec wise ranger can still be a usefull hybrid. but its fucked in the battle of sneaks.

Even with the super duper 1.88 archer *cough* in terms of sneak V sneak I think sniper will still sux.

full melee ranger though can prolly still do good. just a lot less effective with the CD nerf.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Didn t spent much time on Secreet yesterday evening but only met 3 solo stealthers which i fought 1 on 1. Rest was just the regular duo/ trio , zerg, adders or popwhores.

But sometimes it was a bit hectic with the steamrollers around and I could have plunged some arrows in you believing you weren t solo. Soz if that s what happened.
Dont know your infi name btw.

Actually I fought you that night once 1v1, PA'ed you though so wasnt really interesting fight.... just got annoyed of so many ranger adds yesterday :(

and my inf name is in my sig :p

Tosen

Part of the furniture
Rangers since patch is crap....

Astrados is the crappiest I've ever fought... so I guess they must still be crap?

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
Round berk ran into a scout duo, wasted one at range, used speed buff to chase other down, not sure of RR was about RR5 i think.

after being blocked/evaded 30 times and only being able to hit a grand total of 4 times (i'm sniper spec, so only 29 in pierce) I gave up and walked away.

Whether he was using engage I'm not sure, probably some of the time.

I was never going to be able to kill him, so shield class is a no go for my melee gimp.

Eble

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Well I'm almost done kitting mine out so we'll see how melee rangers are this patch.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
First hand imperssion after a few runs is that rangers took a huge hit with the nerf bat. You still need the ranks and template to compete, but it takes a lot more effort to actually win anything.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
From Infi PoV solo melee Rangers are walking RPs. At RR4 I got no problems killing RR 7-9 Rangers, that use IP and FZ. So I agree with Solari, pretty big nerfbat.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
From Infi PoV solo melee Rangers are walking RPs. At RR4 I got no problems killing RR 7-9 Rangers, that use IP and FZ. So I agree with Solari, pretty big nerfbat.

You just owned mine :(
No purge or som up but still, felt so gimped even with a solid temp. All right the Sojo nerf contributes as well but I'm a BM on the ranger anyways.

(101 str, 100 con, 396 hits, 50 AF, capped resists ect.)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
You just owned mine :(
No purge or som up but still, felt so gimped even with a solid temp. All right the Sojo nerf contributes as well but I'm a BM on the ranger anyways.

(101 str, 100 con, 396 hits, 50 AF, capped resists ect.)

Why would you wish to purge? I'd just con debuff again and you'd lose 108 con one more time, unless you want to purge poison spike. I had no SoM up too, just a 150 ablative charge like I usually do at the start of each fight.

I didn't own you mate, couldn't land off evade stun, I think the fight was predeterminted due to class inbalance, so far I haven't lost to a Ranger and when they are 4-5 RRs higher and I still win with 40-50% hit points left something is not like it should be in my opinion.

101 str, 101 con, 400 hits, 30 AF on Infi, 2551 buffed hits with AugCon II and CL10.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Why would you wish to purge? I'd just con debuff again and you'd lose 108 con one more time, unless you want to purge poison spike. I had no SoM up too, just a 150 ablative charge like I usually do at the start of each fight.

I didn't own you mate, couldn't land off evade stun, I think the fight was predeterminted due to class inbalance, so far I haven't lost to a Ranger and when they are 4-5 RRs higher and I still win with 40-50% hit points left something is not like it should be in my opinion.

101 str, 101 con, 400 hits, 30 AF on Infi, 2551 buffed hits with AugCon II and CL10.

Wait till the archer patch hits EU, they will 3-4 shot your arse from range

Solari

Can't get enough of FH

Purge to remove dotmine, purge debuffs after Icestorm to land Tempest and Supernova before reapply or to counter an ABS debuff (for cs specced assasins ofc) and reflection/dragonfang stuns.

Secreet

Fledgling Freddie
Respecced to 50 bow but can t say i like it so far.
Even with 396 dex and 50 + 17 bow i miss a lot off critshots.
And i miss the 1 vs 1 toe to toe fights

Mellee is just a laugh with low cd and 34 + 17 pierce.

Dusted off my rr5 ns and i think my ranger is just good for pve now.:mad:

censi

Can't get enough of FH
problem i found with the hour or so I played the ranger with mos5 and 40 ish bow...

you see another sneak you line up crit and a lot of times you cant fire.. you cannot perform crit shot etc while its moving.. so you can either move away or switch to a normal shot which will prolly get evaded.. you will prolly be lucky to hit another sneak with normal bow shot unless the directional and rng dynamics are in your favour... either way its got a good chance of missing.. I found a rapid fire spam was at least a surefire way to hit them a few times before they get to you but the damage is pretty lol factor... then when MR assasin is on you its horrible. you get get hit, debuffed, spiked, bained, your getting hit by the weaps... while your pretty much missing 50% of your shots and when you do land hitting pretty weak after debuff...

in its current state the ranger class needs some sort of overhaul..

like I said before... for this patch you would be better off staying melee than going bow.. next patch who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom