Ranger !!!

-Palan-

Fledgling Freddie
go pierce imo.
atleast till u get 3or4 more rr's. assassins will debuff ur weapon skill by using str-debuffs and that will hit u alot more when ur on blades, as ur dmg then relys(?) on 100%str. while if u got pierce its dmg is comming from 50%dex and 50%str, so ur dmg and skill won't drop that much!

about the bow specc, i wouldn't go for 50 personaly, 45 is enough and u'd loose a lot of specc points that u could put into ur poke.
about the cd specc , its been argued alot on the forums if speccing in it increases ur dmg or only the chance to swing with offhand. if u ask me then its just the chance to swing and not the dmg out put, read it quite often and noticed it myself that it didn't/hardly increased the styled dmg with cd styles. 25cd should be enough imo

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
-Palan- said:
go pierce imo.
atleast till u get 3or4 more rr's. assassins will debuff ur weapon skill by using str-debuffs and that will hit u alot more when ur on blades, as ur dmg then relys(?) on 100%str. while if u got pierce its dmg is comming from 50%dex and 50%str, so ur dmg and skill won't drop that much!

about the bow specc, i wouldn't go for 50 personaly, 45 is enough and u'd loose a lot of specc points that u could put into ur poke.
about the cd specc , its been argued alot on the forums if speccing in it increases ur dmg or only the chance to swing with offhand. if u ask me then its just the chance to swing and not the dmg out put, read it quite often and noticed it myself that it didn't/hardly increased the styled dmg with cd styles. 25cd should be enough imo

With 25 CD a couple of CD styles hit for around the same dmg as my pierce styles, more than likely the difference is made up by those CD styles having superior growth rates, the extra offhand hits are still worth it no matter what styles you use and snowshower rear pos snare is still very handy :)

CD dmg should be working off the base dmg of your main weapon (not using dmg variance from main weapon spec), with modifiers for CD spec, including dmg variance (derived off CD spec) and growth rates. Which sounds right cos sometimes the CD styles can jump by 10-20 points either way.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
so i should go like this

bow 45
poke 39
sth 37
path 16
cd 25

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
Kaun_IA said:
so i should go like this

bow 45
poke 39
sth 37
path 16
cd 25

Funny that, had penned down that spec after some consideration and much murmuring on the CoC character builder. certainly respeccing to a bit more stealth than I have atm :D

I like gears spec of 34 pierce and 29 CD, although I am a little cautious of dropping pierce that much because of the impact on WS :)

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Culanan said:
Funny that, had penned down that spec after some consideration and much murmuring on the CoC character builder. certainly respeccing to a bit more stealth than I have atm :D

I like gears spec of 34 pierce and 29 CD, although I am a little cautious of dropping pierce that much because of the impact on WS :)

OK. Bow, (shift to rapid) bow, bow, FZ, bow, bow. No need for melee :clap:

Also despite having lower weapon skill, my weapon damage is at 1650, something no one is actually paying any attention to.

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
Gear said:
OK. Bow, (shift to rapid) bow, bow, FZ, bow, bow. No need for melee :clap:

Also despite having lower weapon skill, my weapon damage is at 1650, something no one is actually paying any attention to.

That's at rr5, I only just hit rr2l9 last night :p

Also lower Melee WS means being evaded/parried/blocked more, not that that didn't happen a lot with almost 1500 WS anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom