Ranger Stealth question

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Been arguing with a rl mate about how high a ranger really need to spec in stealth, especially in NF...
So what do you say? How about 22+15 with some realm points?
Moving speed will drop ofc, but with mastery of stealth it will get a boost anyway...

Give me your thoughts :worthy:

Btw was thinking about speccing like this in NF .. battler/malice
10 PF
22 stealth
41 blades
39 CD
45 Bow
No auto train

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
I'm deffo gonna stick with my sniper spec I've had since ding 50, which also has 34+14 stealth so far. With MoS3 I should be moving at a decent speed in stealth mode, and have a chance of avoiding any sneak-attacks from assasains.

Maybe if I find out stealth can be lowered without too much risk, I'll consider it later, but I've already seen quite a few US stealther vids in NF, and it could look as if stealth is just as useful as it is now.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
I know its usefull .. The thing we are talking about is weather you will feel any difference if you got 35+15 stealth or 22+15 stealth ... Beside the moving speed... Becouse we dont think so :)

Btw you get VERY close to cap bow damage with 45 mate.. And how often do you penetrate a pbt with crit arrow? :) Honestly .. Never happened to me...

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
I'll keep my modified stealth at 50. I don't really want to end up just porting from keep to keep trying to get a good ranged fight. I loved roaming frontiers, and will keep on doing that. Hence stealth at 50 and MoS 3 (with IP2, Purge 2, aug dex 1 for RAs at 5L1).

However I was thinking of going for the keep option and take trueshot 3, aug dex 3, and FE 1, which I will definitely try on the first couple of weeks to see how it goes.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Ogen said:
I know its usefull .. The thing we are talking about is weather you will feel any difference if you got 35+15 stealth or 22+15 stealth ... Beside the moving speed... Becouse we dont think so :)

Btw you get VERY close to cap bow damage with 45 mate.. And how often do you penetrate a pbt with crit arrow? :) Honestly .. Never happened to me...

With 50+15 on bow and 404 dexterity my damage is devastating (2120 WS). I don't think I'm going to change that :)

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
If you look at my spec, you should notice im relying a bit on melee aswell :)
But can you tell me a little about what you get from having 50 stealth? Im guessing you mean 35+15 right? hence compared to 22+15 = 37 Beside the movement speed.. Im thinking about detection etc ..

liloe

It's my birthday today!
I think 22 stealth is defo not enough. Detection range is already huge and with MoS it's even gonna be more, so with 22+15 you could also run around unstealthed and wave a torch =)) 39 CD is a lot, so why not lower this.

My template (and I consider this to be sniper to some point)
bow: 45
pierce: 44
stealth: 36
PF: 9
CD: 21

Lower stealth and higher CD at higher RR ofc =))

YoungElf

Fledgling Freddie
If you want to try sure, and it might be effective enough when enemy archers (minstrels) here and there, but assassins with DH should be able to see you on about 2x more far than semi-stealthers when your camo is down (not 100% sure since I'm way too used to my SH currently)

13 points difference might bebit uncovering in times

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Ogen said:

I know that 45 bow is a very decent bow spec, but I'm an archer, and I like being an archer. I want as much as I can get from my main specline (which I consider bow to be for a ranger), and as Gear points out, with ToA dex one can deliver a pretty nasty crit. Besides, I've penetrated pbt with a crit arrow a few times, and it's worth it to me ;)

I can't say what the difference between 35+15 and 22+15 stealth will be in NF, but I imagine the movement freedom will be restricted somewhat, and you will be detected more easily even by stealthers without MoS (if there are any who wont spec that), and with stealthers speccing in MoS, you'll be easy prey. This is all my own assumption - can't say how it will be in NF as I said :)

But in the end.. it's all a matter of taste.

EDIT: Here's a page where you can calculate theoretical regular arrow dmg and crit arrow dmg based on RR, +bow skill, bow skill, bow spd/dmg and toa bonus. Quite nifty :) --> http://daoc.nisrv.com/modules.php?name=Critshot_Cap_Calc

De$pot

One of Freddy's beloved
hmmm

first of all why the 41 blades ? :p you get no new styles all you get is a wee bit of extra ws, so why not just keep it at 39 gives you a few extra poins to throw arround.

if you realy do want to make a spec thats good bow and okay melee i would recomend this.

45 bow
39 blades
34 cd
32 stealth
9 pf

has high bow and about the same melee as what you posted if you cap + cd on your sc along with the others your damage with cd styles should be just about the same as with 39, as you will still get very close to that 50 spec that stabalises damage.
32 + 15 or so stealth should do you fine with some MoS not much different to having 50 stealth in my experience where as 22 base stealth would proberbly have made you a very easy target.
using thos 10 pts to get the second self damage add thats 0.x better than the first one wont realy make a difference should just use thos extra pts on stealth. also this leaves you with a total of 1 point left over.

my advice anyways =) hope i have been of some help. :drink:

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Thanks alot for all the replys guys .. I went through things and ended up with 33 stealth
45 bow
44 blades
25 CD
11 PF

Seems to be dealing quite alot of damage with CD styles tbh ..
Discussed it with a friend, and it seems that CD moustly rates how often you dual hit.. So 25 should be okay. 44 blades for some damage ;)

Thx :clap:

odon

Fledgling Freddie
Well just specced as follows:

Bow: 45, Stealth 37 (thinking of going back to 35), Blades 44, CD (22), PF 9.

Now this was a test spec and my hand to hand sucks at the moment (unless I get Malice and Battler)..

Stealth that high rocks!.. makes it a right laugh in exploring.

I think to be honest I am tempted to go:

Bow 45, Stealth 35, Blades 44, CD 22(+), PF 11+
Going to check it out ...

-Palan-

Fledgling Freddie
well, my spec is and will be for another 300k till i ding rr8: 45bow 44pierce 26cd 33ste 9pf.
now to the question if theres a difference between 50modified and 37mod stealth, well its rather huge. even if a fellow ranger that has 1or2 points away from 50stealth it lets me stick him rather easily, at 47stealth i spot them quite early, i meen i saw a lot of low rr scouts for example wich deffo didn't have 50 stealth and i could easily load up a crit shot right next to em without em noticing :p

won't even immagine how this will be with NF, while testing on gorre with mos4 wich i'll prolly take, i was able to see other archers from miles. and was able to shoot at assasins with my bow while they stealthed after me.

and about ur CD, was about to say that ur dmg won't increase if u spec it higher. only ur chance to swing with left hand increase by a few %, wich then again results in a bit more dmg if u want, but if u realy wanna increase ur dmg then spec into ur melee line not the CD one :)

Meradesh

Fledgling Freddie
got a very low CD atm and high blades spec, my taunt (blades line) does more dmg by far than my evade ( CD ) Style, in fact the more CD the more dmg u'll do with CD styles. Anyway as main wapon spec line gives ur weaponskill spec higher on CD than ur main weapon would not be wise.

angrysquirrel

Fledgling Freddie
if can get the cash together id like to try a low stealth high weap / 50 bow ranger but since my limited experience on gorre (with 50 stealth, mast stealth 5) im slowly coming to the conclusion that without 50 stealth you would be bait to even mincers

however if anyone does try less than 50 stealth (i still might one day) id would be cool to get some feedback

Durrell

Fledgling Freddie
Im speccing as a sniper only spec

50 Bow
35 Stealth
CD 18
Pierce 34 rest in PF

Read on critshot that a Ranger whos is maxing rps weekley maxed bow and is owning from towers.

Worth a try

angrysquirrel

Fledgling Freddie
Durrell said:
Im speccing as a sniper only spec

50 Bow
35 Stealth
CD 18
Pierce 34 rest in PF

Read on critshot that a Ranger whos is maxing rps weekley maxed bow and is owning from towers.

Worth a try

durrel, in your sig is your druids name spelled correctly ? yus im bored..

Durrell

Fledgling Freddie
No m8 it was the way I wanted it but the stupid game wouldnt let me :twak:

Hiane/Durrell/Tharelath

Now you can find me on line :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom