Ranger Bow's

Tigersans

Fledgling Freddie
Im currently specced as a sniper ranger full bow, i was wondering if there are any better bows out there than Fools or Braggs bow.

If so what are the names and does anyone have any for sale ;-),

thanks in advance

Tigersans

Fledgling Freddie
Champs not an option ;-(went for the peirce weapon. Immolated i know its only mimimal but was only 99% qual i think unless im getting confused.

Craft

Fledgling Freddie
Champions weapon bow is the best Afaik highest speed in the game, but take Braggarts and Fools for siege and utility, Immolated Bow is nice if you dont have any artifacts and great for opening up with a crit shot due to its high Speed,but check www.critshot.com for Ranger / Scout / Hunter info :)

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
I've a leadomias bow you can have for free mate
Its lost alot of DUR
But it was always my prefered sniper bow

5.6 speed
11 dex cap
5 recurve bow
and 12 dex
2% archery speed

proc is pants though

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
im useing the champ one :)

its perfect and whit its cap to dex bous i can hit 101 dex easy in a temp

it helps alot couse im blades specc hybrid ranger :D

Eizo

Fledgling Freddie
i was useing this "Cyclone Great Bow" got champ bow now though so u can have it if u whant just ask for Alv in Na Fianna

Magical Bonuses:
- Energy: 5%
- Spirit: 5%
- Quickness: 15 pts
- Dexterity: 15 pts

Level Requirement
- 49 Level

Bonus to Dexterity attribute bonus cap: 10
Bonus to archery speed: 2%

Magical Ability:
Effect: Disoriented

Target is disoriented. They have less chance of landing melee attacks, and spells have a greater chance of affecting them.

Melee to-hit penalty: 5%
Resist piercing penalty: 10%

Target: Targetted
Range: 500
Duration: 15 sec
Casting time: 2.0 sec
Damage: Spirit

- Spell has a chance of casting when this weapon strikes an enemy.

Damage Modifiers:
- 16.5 Base DPS
- 9.3 Clamped DPS
- 5.4 Weapon Speed
- 100% Quality
- 100% Condition
- Damage Type: Thrust

Shirel

Fledgling Freddie
Tigersans said:
Champs not an option ;-(went for the peirce weapon. Immolated i know its only mimimal but was only 99% qual i think unless im getting confused.

Just a thought, you could hand your champ pierce wep in and swap it for the bow. Champ bow is the best out there atm and if you're fully sniper spec your're not going to be using melee wep's that much anyway.

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
get a couple of more realm ranks then start using the best bow avail to a ranger: Malice Axe :>

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
if champ bow is not an option then i would go for immolated and fools.
They have similar stats and can fit into a template easily.
Immolated (5.8 speed)is very slow and hits hard and also has pierce debuff which goes off 1 in 4 shots so doubly nice if your a pierce ranger.
Fools bow i would use against doors or if your in a visable group, it has a few issues that make it not the best for soloing in frontier.
dot will hamper your ability to stealth and break your speed.
nice big HERE I AM lightning bold effect for door proc.
if your using shark gloves use the arrows from that and then you dont need to train brag bow.
Hope this helps

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
trade piercer in and get the champ bow.
as ur saying ur fully sniperspec why do u need the champ piercer? ;-p

Porkbelly

Loyal Freddie
i like talon bow as it gives slash debuff when hitts and being blade spec thats nice ...

But tbh i think fools is the best out there for sniper ...

Tigersan

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for input and offers for bow folks very kind, ill try Champ bow first see how that compares to Arti ones,

I just tried to hand weapon in to NPC in kings room but he says doesnt want it, how do i exchange the peirce for bow weapon.

thanks again

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Tigersan said:
Thanks for input and offers for bow folks very kind, ill try Champ bow first see how that compares to Arti ones,

I just tried to hand weapon in to NPC in kings room but he says doesnt want it, how do i exchange the peirce for bow weapon.

thanks again

repair it first... they dont want broken weapons.. and be sure to give it to the right one

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
Porkbelly said:
But tbh i think fools is the best out there for sniper ...
Whats your reasoning for this given the issues i mentioned in earlier post.
As a sniper i think being to do the most damage with the initial hit is the most important thing but then some prefer a faster bow to try to double crit.

tierk

Part of the furniture
Adlatus Hellbringer said:
Use duskwood immolated bow.... it hits like a fuking truck :D

Down side is that the draw time on it currently runs at about a week :D But it is great for giving a nice umpf on crit shots.

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
champ bow is same speed (or even slower?) as immo bow, and its 100qua, so it hits harder :p
but hmm fools bow is damn nice too, that god damn proc goes of like 50% of the arrows, atleast! its a nice dmgadd

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Spamb0t said:
champ bow is same speed (or even slower?) as immo bow, and its 100qua, so it hits harder :p
but hmm fools bow is damn nice too, that god damn proc goes of like 50% of the arrows, atleast! its a nice dmgadd

yes, but if it procs and you want to engage speed to catch your target or to get away if it goes bad, your speed will get canceled cause of the damn dot ticks

Meradesh

Fledgling Freddie
For roaming sniper, Fool's, you need to sprint, kite and face-rfire a lot, with a dot on your enemy he can't restealth and it's an easy target.
For camping sniper, Champion bow and Immolated hit hard and are easy to match with Fool's bow on a template.
Anyway a template with braggart's/ML10 must be amazing, stay 30 minuts with braggart's to summon enough arrows, then change to ML10 and get a nice 17% archery range! sweet to drop mages.

Tigersans

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for help again folks,

I got the champ bow last night to test it out, the damage was nice but must admit it was slow to fire, Does get me thinking fools bow with rapid fire and having FE4 i might get more crits off therefore overall damage is greater.

Two more questions im afraid, On the champ bow it says i have end heal if i do CO5 bah is there any other way i can get the proc to work ie get to CL5?. As CO5 runs are few and far between.

Also the proc is end heal i heard it can be changed to DD proc how do i do that?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
you can just exp up to CL5, takes a while though, i think its something like 80k RPs = 1 champ level or 5 hours or so PLing for all 5 levels. not sure though, nearly CL1 on NS at nearly 70k RPs, did the quests on hero when they were "bugged" and you could repeat them. you could start up a CO5 raid, you get something like 3.5 CL levels from finishing it.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Tigersans said:
Thanks for help again folks,

I got the champ bow last night to test it out, the damage was nice but must admit it was slow to fire, Does get me thinking fools bow with rapid fire and having FE4 i might get more crits off therefore overall damage is greater.

Two more questions im afraid, On the champ bow it says i have end heal if i do CO5 bah is there any other way i can get the proc to work ie get to CL5?. As CO5 runs are few and far between.

Also the proc is end heal i heard it can be changed to DD proc how do i do that?

what Raven said :)

and
You'll get the end heal as a /use1, gives about 80% end on my ranger
then you will also get the choice between an aeo dd proc
or a /use2 that has the chance of proccing a snare

I would take the regular aoe DD proc
Kinetic arrows I think its called
The snare arrows break on damage and has a % to proc after you take the time to /use2
Nice ability in theory to kite with if you are a sniper, but in practice its unweildy and unreliable

Meradesh

Fledgling Freddie
AE dd proc is not so nice, it hits only 4 enemies and by poor dmg, and poor rate proc. Is very anoying when it procs an you "collect" all the pets around your target.

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Fool's and Champbow is the 2 best Bows no doubht about it.

Champs is really slow enabling you doing really nice damage, but foolsbow has a very nice proc, I have both these in my inv but I still mostly use the Champbow.

Champbow + Rapidfire is most effective imo.

foolou

Fledgling Freddie
Some facts to DR-Bow/Immo:

Critshot-caps (rr7/50+17 bow):

Immo: 1238 (5.8, 6% toa-dmg in set, 250 qui)
Dr : 1224 (5.7, 9% toa-dmg in set, 250 qui)

So either the DR-Bow has 5.6 speed actually or the toa-dmg-bonus on the bow is bugged. According to the game-info the DR-Bow should hit harder than the immolated bow.
Every other Bow (Fools/Braggarts etc) behaves as he is expected to, just the DR-Bow doesn't match with his speed/toa-dmg-bonus.

The pbaoe-DD-proc btw is really crappy .. hits for like 60-70hp on ppl without resist-buffs. (and procs very rare)

MrManic

Fledgling Freddie
as a fellow Sniper (full bow spec)

i only have 6 CD and all yellow Buffs. im also capped bonus's

anyway!

i have many many bow.. some very rare, some very commen!

ive been on all the ranger/bow websites to find info on Bows.

most websites and people say: Duskwood Immolated Bow hits hardest, Cyclone Great Bow for proc, Duskwood Bow of The Whispering Wind for proc, Fools Bow for doors, Braggots Bow for high dmg nice proc...

there are sooo many more nice bows out there..

but tbh i only use 3 Bows

Main Bow: Fools Bow

reason for this is because i find it to be a Very fast bow which hits hard with the right arrows. proc goes off 80% of the time.

Crit Shot Bow: Champ Weapon

it is more or less like the Duskwood Immolated Bow but better. nice speed. and nice proc (speed decrease) when it goes off.

Hard Proc Bow: Crafted Bow

i have put a 100% crafted Poison proc on this bow. it hits ok. but procs 85%, and ticks 60-90 dmg. so nice bow to swop to when enemy is running and short on life!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom