Rubric

My learning here has been slow,
But theres something i must know,
So many ideas,
Please alay my fears,
Tell me which is the best bow?

C

censi

aye. the primal thing looks good but its speed makes it less desirable than MP xtra heavy now with RF.

and why do they go and put something like DADD charges on it when rangers have self dadd anyway.

put some decent procs on bows ffs.

K

Karlo

Originally posted by censi
aye. the primal thing looks good but its speed makes it less desirable than MP xtra heavy now with RF.

and why do they go and put something like DADD charges on it when rangers have self dadd anyway.

put some decent procs on bows ffs.

like af proc ;) hehe

R

Rubric

What about opinions on Short Recurve, Recurve, Great Recurve & Heavy recurve bows. Particularly interested in opinions on PVE performance vs RVR performance.

P

-palan-

heavy bow all the way :D

use normal or so rec bow for pve, think with a heavy bow at lower lvls u get half an hour draw times :p

S

Spamb0t

Originally posted by -palan-
heavy bow all the way :D

use normal or so rec bow for pve, think with a heavy bow at lower lvls u get half an hour draw times :p

agreeeee..
normal recurve bow up to 30-40 maybe then when u got decent qui get a heavy one for higher dmg critshot..

L

Leathas

i've seen 1-2 rangers using different types of crafted bows for crit/normal shooting and the idea seems to be really nice,such as

(bows i mentioned below are all crafted etc..just think straight :p)

using heavy recurve bow for a crit shot and then,switching to small or normal recurve bow(normal preffered,as far as you might be able to get 2 sec shoot time with it) and doing normal shoot until mob or enemy starts attacking in melee etc..

however,i see no reason to fill my 1. qb with 2 bows for this stuff as far as im a pierce ranger,i need every to organise my qb for chains/stealth..i dont want to do shift+1-2 while meleeing with another scout etc..

R

Rubric

Can you switch bows without using the mouse & if so how?

R

Ravenbourne

Originally posted by Rubric
Can you switch bows without using the mouse & if so how?

not that i know of, but switching shouldnt be to much of a problem, i switch my LW with my tank

S

Spamb0t

since we got RAPID FIRE theres NO need for a faster bow.

R

Ruddyn

Well, the main reason I can see to use a normal recurve over a heavy is the considerable extra range it gives us. Having said that, I still find myself using my old heavy bow more often than not. Not only do they look better, they hit SO much harder :)

Users who are viewing this thread