Random Reboots.

C

caLLous

Ok, I was reconnected to the internet on Friday and to celebrate (more cos it needed doing actually, and Windows was a mess) I reinstalled Windows. Every driver apart from the RAID controller on the mobo is new, here's some filenames!

52.16_win2kxp_english_whql.exe
LiveDrvUni-Pack(ENG).exe
VIAHyperion4in1449v.exe
Alcatel1-4_WinXP.zip

Are any of those particularly shady? I've put the older Detonators (41.09_win2kxp.exe) on and I'm awaiting a reboot as I type. I have an old Speedtouch USB modem, don't know what sort of bother that may be causing.

It seems to be when the computer's unattended (and very soon after it becomes unattended). As soon as my back's turned, it'll reboot and then say it had a critical error or some bullshit. Maybe counselling is the answer, I just don't know. :(

TIA

C

caLLous

Worth a shot, and my upstream has been at 15-20k/s for no apparent reason... Installing and I'll tell ya what happens. Thanks cdr.

C

caLLous

Well, it hasn't rebooted yet... but my dsl is about as stable as a big fat woman trying to walk on a sheet of ice. It feels like it could break at any moment. :(

F

FatBusinessman

What are you running by way of a firewall?

C

caLLous

AtGuard. It's 4 years old, but I love it and it's never done me wrong. :)

C

caLLous

Could it be because my crap landlord has a crap 56k modem plugged into the 'tel' side of the microfilter upstairs and everytime he uses it it screws up my connection?

T

Tom

I once opened a video recorder that was 'faulty' and discovered a plastic 2D santa claus in there. You never know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom