random questions.........

I

immu

when someone says "that mobs cons purple to me", where does "con" and "mob" come from?

ive never heard these terms used anywhere else but in DAoC

also "Nerf" is another one

N

necrofill

mobs= monster
con= the colour mobs name got whice means how hard the mobs os for u
nerf= something there need changed it can both be good and bad, like when zerkers got dmg nerf on LA where the overall dmg output was lowered and then palas got end chant was it also a nerf but in the good way!!

L

Legolias

He knows what the words mean, he just doesn't know where the words come from. Which I find interesting to know as well, anyone have an idea?

G

galdora

con = to CONsider the monster, afair
mob = MOBile summat, memory hazy about that one
nerf = no idea

T

tonita

Nerf ( P ) Pronunciation Key (nûrf)

A trademark used for a variety of foam rubber toys.

Nerf comes from beeing hit with the big rubber bat right where it hurts :p

W

Whoodoo_RD

Or under Acronym

NERF = Naval Electromagnetic Radiation Facility
NERF = Naval Emitter Reference File

I prefer the rubber thingy idea.

MOB = Monster (Everquest slang) !!

CON = Constitution (of a mob, what its attributes make it)

The composition or structure of something; makeup.

www.dictionary.com

L

Lomald Umilinn

Actually .... Nerf descends from Ultima Online where it was first used after over a year without touching the game and they did some major fixes to pet abilities.

I still remember that day when they nerfed the pet classes so they couldn't own everything without even the smallest chance of getting killed.

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by immu
when someone says "that mobs cons purple to me", where does "con" and "mob" come from?

ive never heard these terms used anywhere else but in DAoC

also "Nerf" is another one

Mob I thing originated from those old Mud games the text based rpg type adventure games you use to play.

Not sure what it means but it does stand for something, the Mobile bit sounds close.

Con im fairly sure is for Consider, I believe there is still a key that lets you identify a mob which pretty much just does what it does when you click on the mob anyway and consider it, tells you wether it is neutral or friendly to you etc.

And before anyone asks, Zerg came from Starcraft game.
Nerf is from the old Nerf toys you can get, the guns with the yellow rubber bullets etc.

S

Sichama

Mob - short for mobile object, a programmer's term that refers to roaming monsters and NPC's.

Con - comes from the slash command /consider that does exactly the same thing as right clicking a Mob, Item etc.

Nerf i have no idea :) the Toy explanation seems valid and although i come from a heavy Ultima history i don't remember the term beeing used, what i do know is that the first time i heard it i had absolutely no questions what it meant i just instinctly knew.

Users who are viewing this thread