Random Desktop

Summo

Loyal Freddie
Does anyone know of a utility or Windows tweak that grabs a desktop image at random from a given folder at bootup?

Help me. I'll pay.

TedTheDog

Fred's & Barry's co-founder
Now theres a funky idea...

er, no... sorry. Anyone, I want it too!

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
Write one? Surly its merely a matter of catolouging a directory, randomly picking it and then swapping it with the one in windows store?

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
There's also a script for Samurize that will do it, if you're using that at all.

Description:
This is the VERY RAW beginnings of a wallpaper changer, slapped together for my own use with little to no error checking. It's very functional, but can be easily improved to filter for errors and I encourage your building on this to flesh it out to something the community can enjoy.

There are two scripts - one for loading as an ActiveScript meter that delivers a random .PNG thumbnail for display, and one for setting a corresponding .BMP as wallpaper for the current thumbnail.

Improvements needed:
====================

- proper filtering to process only .BMP files and/or convert other formats on the fly
- proper error checking to abort the update when a corresponding wallpaper is not found for a given thumbnail
- a less random selection, as the program will often load the same thumnail several times in a row if a small number of wallpapers are rotated.
http://www.samurize.com/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?cid=14&lid=511

Reading the description I'm not 100% sure if it'll do what you want, but you never know ;)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I have a utility that picks random farm-pr0n.

*note to self - never let your mother build your pc*

Tenko

Fledgling Freddie
LOLIRLWWCT* Wij

*Laugh out loud in real life with wife chortling too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom