Random crashing using DR client

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
basicaly since getting DR I randomly get a period of lag and then the gfx card seems to stop producing any output aka screen goes black, I can play ToA client and cata client endlessly and with no problems.

My pc is
amd 64 3200
asrock duel pci/agp MB
1.5 gig ram
9700 pro
all latest drivers installed and changed to see if any effect and no change.
Ran memtest (windows version) overnight no errors
My HD seems to have really crappy data transfer rates atm, need a reformat I think could this be the cause or can anyone think of something else?

luribeauty

Fledgling Freddie
i also get the same problem with dr client but only in nf zones wired though coz it worked fine first day i had dr.

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Ah well, guess its just the client not agreeing with my system fairly disapointed as people said this client run much smoother everything looks so dull in ToA client :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
DR client is fucked, getting rid of it as soon as i ding CL5 :)

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
DR client is fucked, getting rid of it as soon as i ding CL5 :)

Feel exactly the same about it, except it now crash's within the first 5 minutes of play so cant get anything done :/

Might just sack the quests of and do it all RvR etc shame though looked forward to DR for quite a while and so far been a bit of a disapointment.

luribeauty

Fledgling Freddie
well this morning it was only toa client that would work for me, cata/dr would not work no matter what i did to drivers and stuff but works fine again now after not doing anything.wired.

confused

Can't get enough of FH
DR client runs craply, in comparison with older clients, even on beasts of computers, if it wasnt so pretty most people would be back on the old ones v quickly

Herjulf

Banned
Another thing ATI USERS!

The latest catalyst release had a daoc CTD fix in it i believe, try using the driver removal tool, then reboot and install fresh drivers.

Also DR have some serious memory leaks, i had to install a old favourite to get DR to work somewhat ok.
Memturbo, i execute it when playing and i get a fresh daoc start feeling then do /vidreset aswell. I sometimes play with fraps and i can see a clear fps increase.

I get alot more out of the game that way.

Also DR is extremely memory dependant, just as WOW memory is everything. 1gig+ is highly reccomended.

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
ati2dvag.dll infinate loop error msg.

Tried agp x4 no different :/
using latest drivers catalyst 6.1
weird thing is on the day I activated DR I played a good 4 to 5 hours no problems second day every few hours I get crash's and now I crash everytime within 5 mins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom