Random chat invites?

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Does anyone else get random chat invites on steam?

I've had loads, people just invite me for seemingly no reason and then chat random stuff until one of us leaves :eek:

Mostly I dont know the people who invite me, although once I did get invited by Boris Johnson :D

So does anyone else get this? Is there any danger involved with this regarding hax0rs? I cant personally see how there could be though.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Most likely fishing for your password. Don't accept invites from randoms. I remember there being a thread recently where someone said he was the admin of steam(smth similar) and chatted to a freddy, he somehow got his pw and closed it by using a cheat on the account.

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/action-fps-games13/227879-beware-steam-account-spammers.html

Nah nate, that thread is bollocks - honestly. I wont go into details but that thread isnt what it seems at all :) I appreciate the link though :)

I've not had any errors like "steam being used in another location" etc, and as far as I am aware there is no way that my account can be in danger just from opening a chat session, I half wonder sometimes but I'm pretty sure its just paranoia.

Mainly I just wondered if anyone else has had experience of this, I havent been asked for my password in these chat sessions, nor has anyone in them pretended to be a valve employee, its just strange that I keep getting random invites, I cant be the only one surely? :eek:

EDIT: Sample of a chat session I had once that I saved, to give you an idea of the sort of content of these sessions:

Never tell your password to anyone.
reLapse entered chat.
evdR.Sh!V3RjE: AZTEC
peteeeY! HAS UT3 is now playing Counter-Strike: Source. Click here to join.
peteeeY! HAS UT3 entered chat.
"RoaЯ{KEA}": Boris Johnson!??!!!?!
peteeeY! HAS UT3: OO
peteeeY! HAS UT3: iw anna fuck boris johnson
peteeeY! HAS UT3: OH YEH
Mind tricks: HAHAHAHAHA
Mark: bye :D
Mark left chat.
peteeeY! HAS UT3: HIS GFUCKIN HAIR
reLapse has changed their name to peter parker.
peteeeY! HAS UT3: TURNS ME ON
peteeeY! HAS UT3: AND HIS HUGE FUCKING EYEBROWS
peteeeY! HAS UT3: DAYM
aids is now playing Counter-Strike: Source. Click here to join.
aids entered chat.
evdR.Sh!V3RjE: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197968319763
peteeeY! HAS UT3: THEY R BUSHY..
peteeeY! HAS UT3: OH YAH
Jack @ i34 left chat.
Boris Johnson: I have a feet size ratio of 1:3 in proportion to the fictional character "Big Foot"
peter parker: hes a fatty
aids: hello?
peteeeY! HAS UT3: HEY
"RoaЯ{KEA}": HAAYYY
peteeeY! HAS UT3: IM SEXY ADD ME ON IMSEXY@HOTMAIL>COM
evdR.Sh!V3RjE: ok
peter parker: hey my sexy fuckerssssssssssss
peteeeY! HAS UT3: UR ALL GAY LICK ME AND ADD ME
"RoaЯ{KEA}": IRL? :O
peteeeY! HAS UT3 left chat.
Boris Johnson left chat.

It just seems totally random :eek: