SPAM random annoying things

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
So. The annoying thing is - my fucking apathy.

The o/h is away at the moment, I could take the opportunity to drive over to my sisters for a curry, which I don't know whether I can be arsed with, or I'll sit in here tonight (wanking) and then later on wish I'd bothered to go do something else.

What the feck is wrong with my lazy brain :(

Learn a new skill, something random. It's always handy to know how to do random things.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I'm no expert having only bought twice, but i've found the best way to force progress is to get in contact with the sellers solicitors and give them a boot up the arse.
Also, telling them you will continue looking at alternatives probably won't hurt.

The world is full of shysters who's sole employment is based around wasting people's time. Property solicitors being apex.

We sort of did a hybrid of this - told Purple Dicks they had until today to sort this out or we would start looking at alternatives. Strangely enough, we had a message from our solicitor yesterday saying she's had a load more responses from their solicitor and would be in touch when she had been through them all.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Video game companies asking people to pre-purchase their game and do their beta testing for them.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So, the cat that owns us has decided that, rather than being a permanently outside cat it's now a permanently inside cat. It likes to sleep about 18 hours a day, with an hour of fucking about inside the house and then it goes out when we go out. The only exception to this rule seems to be when any of our mates with dogs turn up - then it comes back in five minutes after their vehicle leaves.

He's decided that being inside is just as good as outside for fun and likes to attack the sofa near me and if I move to stop him, he attacks my hand. This is usually the prompt we need to pick him up and chuck him out for an hour.

He's turned the table on us though. He clearly thinks he's doing bad, so within three minutes (on average, I've actually timed it) he comes back with an animal (mostly still alive) in his maw and rubs it all over the window or worse, jumps in through an open window and lets it run about us. 'cause what he enjoys, we enjoy (of course) - and if he brings us this source of fun, surely we'll let him back in.

:eek:

How do you deal with a cat so lazy, yet so talented at catching shit at the same time? :(

He's not in the least bit interested in the chickens and guinea fowl at least.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
My cat, that we had to have put to sleep a year or so ago, tried to bring in live squirrels. I have come home to unharmed rabbits (multiple, once) in my living room. The current cat cost me about £100 in oats and rice because the mice he brought home ate it all.

He is fucking useless, but gets me up at 5am every day by tapping me, which suits me :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Cats do normally sleep 14-16 hours a day. So yours is not unusual. Catching stuff and bringing it to you means you are the boss. Normal behaviour. Ours have caught everything from huge moths, small birds, mice, rats and even bats.

Took us bloody ages to get one bat out of the house. Damn thing just kept flying around the entire downstairs for two hours until we finally managed to herd it out the patio windows by waving brooms and mops.

IMG_20200925_004032.jpg

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Panorama basically being a 30 minute advertising segment for Coca-Cola

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Selling things, tire kickers and time wasters. What a fucking ballache. Sold 2 rifles, first was easy, local chap. Second everyone trying to lowball me, asking endless questions. I was one response away from keeping it. Finally, 2 grand better off though.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Selling things, tire kickers and time wasters. What a fucking ballache. Sold 2 rifles, first was easy, local chap. Second everyone trying to lowball me, asking endless questions. I was one response away from keeping it. Finally, 2 grand better off though.
Any advice for a "probably need to get a shotgun" person?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Buy new, forget resale value.

Also, don't bother with a shotgun, go rimfire/centre fire. Either way, you will need a licence. Both will deal with foxes but shotguns can be a little overkill.

But practice, practice, practice, until you are bored out of your mind with it, before you go anywhere near live prey.

Edit, you can shoot foxes with a FAC air rifle, but I just think there is too much risk of injuring rather than clean killing, which is the last thing you want.

Disclaimer, I don't shoot animals and I have been shooting for over 5 years, 1, I have no need and 2, that's a real big step, I have been shoot camping (sites that allow semi-wild camping and shooting) and never pulled the trigger, despite having the perfect shot.

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Buy new, forget resale value.

Also, don't bother with a shotgun, go rimfire/centre fire. Either way, you will need a licence. Both will deal with foxes but shotguns can be a little overkill.

But practice, practice, practice, until you are bored out of your mind with it, before you go anywhere near live prey.

Edit, you can shoot foxes with a FAC air rifle, but I just think there is too much risk of injuring rather than clean killing, which is the last thing you want.
Kind of why when you said "shotguns are overkill" I went - yeah, I'll have some of that please.

I need to find a shooting range nearby that I can sign up for some lessons with.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I have been shoot camping (sites that allow semi-wild camping and shooting) and never pulled the trigger, despite having the perfect shot.

I momentarily thought that said 'shooting campers' and ooo well done! ;)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Not meaning to be condescending, but lots of people think "yeah guns!" Horrible stories of deer having their jaws shot off etc and running into the woods.

Not for me :)

Edit, Blowing my own trumpet a little bit, I can shoot a 5p at 50 yards with wind, over and over with my current rifle and I still don't think I am good enough to take down the army of rabbit we have at the cricket pitch...which do need dealing with one way or another.

Edit, edit, fresh shot rabbit, over a fire is amazing though...

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not meaning to be condescending, but lots of people think "yeah guns!"
I'm thinking "oh dear, guns". :(

My mum kept my dad's shotgun until she moved into sheltered accomodation. I took it to a shop and said "keep or dispose of it as you will".

Keeping fowl, on the other hand, surrounded by forest? The day we first came to look at this place we walked from the house back towards town. Went down the steep path towards the valley (drops about 200m really quickly on some switchbacks that are amazing on the bike) and past a farm.

There was a fox there, bold as brass at midday looking at some lambs. I was going to shoo it but the farmer shouted for me not to. There were a couple from down south on holiday walking down a bridleway when the farmer took it out. Sweet shot. Instant kill.

The couple went postal - saying that it was natural for the fox to want to eat the lambs and that they should let it - it's a cost of farming. But for me, a fox would still be tearing a sheep to bits, and it wouldn't be just the one. And then the population would grow inexorably. So if we farm sheep, it's a necessary evil.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Townies, they whine about anything. Someone had a good clear out of the crows last lambing season here, much whining on the village facebook page, until the farmers posted pictures of lambs with their eyes pecked out.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Townies, they whine about anything. Someone had a good clear out of the crows last lambing season here, much whining on the village facebook page, until the farmers posted pictures of lambs with their eyes pecked out.
It's illegal to shoot crows without a licence. And jays etc.

We've got tons of crows, jays and a resident buzzard. I'm really hoping the buzzard doesn't take a liking to chicken. If it does, then I'm going to be a little upset. But it's such a cool bird that I cannot forsee any reason I'd be shooting it.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Jays aren't on the general licence (a list of birds you can shoot) crows are fine. But you have to have proven to have tried other means...which is pretty wishy washy as nothing stops crows except a pellet/bullet/shot. Buzzards are scavengers, so won't actually make a kill, or at least very rare.

Edit, Jays are actually, basically, fancy magpies, same arseholes, look prettier :)

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
HS2, increases carbon emissions, shaves 20 mins off a journey to London, estimated final costs up to £98billion.

Insulating 7.5 million homes, reducing carbon emissions for the lifetime of the buildings, reducing heating bills for 7.5 million families, giving them a more comfortable environment for their lifetime, part of a programme to help mitigate the worst outcomes of heating in a global emergency £comparable.

Fixing the vast majority of dumping raw sewage into our rivers and seas £comparable.

20 minute train journey reduction it is!

:eek:

Tom

I am a FH squatter
It doesn't have to be one or the other. Electric railway co2 emissions are much less than cars and aircraft. And the 20 minute reduction in journey time is just a bonus, the main reason for building the new line is to increase capacity, because like it or not, demand will keep growing no matter what we do.

You can build HS2 and you can also insulate homes. And you can reallocate road space toward active travel, and you can do a load of other things that will, in the long run, save money over the alternative.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It doesn't have to be one or the other. Electric railway co2 emissions are much less than cars and aircraft. And the 20 minute reduction in journey time is just a bonus, the main reason for building the new line is to increase capacity, because like it or not, demand will keep growing no matter what we do.

You can build HS2 and you can also insulate homes. And you can reallocate road space toward active travel, and you can do a load of other things that will, in the long run, save money over the alternative.
I agree that we can do both and/or all. But I've managed programme portfolios & multimillion dollar budgets and the above is a simple prioritisation call.

1) Has X benefits
2 & 3 have massively more benefits, cost roughly the same and insulation is also massively globally significant.

So when it comes to "affordability" - you stop 1 and go with 2 or 3.

This is basic financial management.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Car Insurance renewal cost of... £1,900.

I really don't understand the system - Admiral can't get in touch with the bloke I had an accident with who had no damage so why would he care.

So my dispute is still open after a month, which means that getting another quote is difficult since most comparison sites consist of are you liable yes/no rather than it still being open.

I still have a couple of weeks before it's up, and I can find better deals even if I say I am liable but I can't do that.

I feel like Admiral might be dragging this out knowing that they're fucking me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom