Rakghoul Plague Event

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Didn't they do something like this in WoW? Ahh, here it is... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4272418.stm ...and as they mention, something else happened in The Sims. As the wikipedia entry states (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrupted_Blood_incident#Model_for_epidemic_research ), it offered up research opportunities.

I wonder if they did this on purpose and are selling/giving the research to a university.

massively.com said:
A Rakghoul plague has broken out across the galaxy of SWTOR
by Larry Everett on Apr 15th 2012 7:00PMSci-fi, Events, in-game, Lore, PvE, Roleplaying, Star Wars: The Old Republic

Citizens of Star Wars: The Old Republic are advised to steer clear of the the planet Tatooine to avoid infection from a Rakghoul virus outbreak.

A ship carrying infected passengers crashed in the northeast quadrant of the Dune Sea; quarantine teams have been dispatched to the local interplanetary space port to prevent the spread of the disease. Please, avoid all infected citizens at all costs! It is possible for you to carry the the virus yourself. If you are infected and attempt to flee the planet Tatooine, you will be fired upon for the safety of all Republic citizens.

At this time, the disease is contained to one planetary system; however, our advice is to avoid travel in major space stations and other areas with travelers who may be coming from the Tatooine system.

We will keep you informed of further developments as they unfold. May the Force be with you, and watch the official Imperial holonet broadcast after the break.

[Thanks to everyone who sent this in!]

Tags: BioWare, EA, Electronic-Arts, in-game-event, LucasArts, plague, pve, rakghoul, Star-Wars, Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic, SWTOR, tatooine, The-Old-Republic, TOR, video

Spread
http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/04/15/a-rakghoul-plague-infects-everyone-in-swtor/

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
new dailies
new quest to get a rakghoul pet, as you do

if you get infected, and wait, and die , you get 5 tokens which is same as new currency for dailies

you can buy a "rakghoul serum" from any Stims Vendor, lasts 6 hours

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
someone just said in fleet when they were "Feverish" they jumped into oblivion..suiciding basically and they got the samples,

Mabs

i KNEW there was a reason i paid 140 quid for a CE :D

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
someone just said in fleet when they were "Feverish" they jumped into oblivion..suiciding basically and they got the samples,
Yup, as soon as you get feverish you can suicide and get the samples, suicided 9 times today, and died twice in pvp with fever and got 5 from each death.

Mabs

aye
whole bunch of us skydiving off the VIP lounge in vaiken spacedock :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom