Radar

toxii

Can't get enough of FH
this is really annoying
How come can u connect ,without second thoughts, a person's dedication in the game (see high lwrp bracket category people u mentioned) with people that blatantly use cheats such as radar?
So in common words what u say here is that people in opted groups that play a lot of hours per day together and have more lwrp than the rest are cheaters?
This sounds really embarassing tbh.
Now a persons dedication and hard work to accomplish a goal <whatever that is> is translated into him being a cheater.
I really dont understand where this daoc-community is leading into , accusing dedicated players for cheating whereas casual players are deemed immune to this kind of accusations
Im not saying that dedicated players havent been caught red handed for cheating but we cant blame all dedicated players for being cheaters thats my opinion

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
I have a feeling most of radar users are either newer players who tries to get a fast start in the game or dont know about the rules about 3rd party programs or players who switch accounts often and have little to lose if they are permabanned. and of course players who fits in both these categories and consider themselves to be extremely "skilled" gamers, but really just are lazy and unexperiences with mmorpgs.

koxi

One of Freddy's beloved
Don't ban radarusers.. delete their accounts.. might make ppl think twice =)

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
at least rps could be resetted, i have no idea why goa dont reset rps for cheaters.

Lyrra

Fledgling Freddie
Cheaters, if caught, do get deleted/banned:

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=32445

Dunno whether the guy was reported or if GOA picked it up, but still you can witness the effect. I expect to see more of these threads when NF arrives.

Gustav - make a FRAPS recording next time you suspect something and give that to GOA. The above thread shows that GOA do take cheaters seriously.

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Shadster said:
all im saying about radar uses

GET A LIFE ITS A GAME

Couldn't agree more, and I think about 99% of people playing daoc agree with this as well... Tho, I would have worded it differently, it's not about getting a life ><

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
well i hope this player Lyrra refered to wasnt banned just because he was farming rps with a second account because if that was the case goa also has to ban all "duellers" and emain-rp farm groups that is 30-40% of all accounts on prydwen server. i dont use irc and i hardly go to emain but i would like you all to stay here anyway and play daoc, because a mmorpg isnt very funny without other players.

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
toxii said:
this is really annoying
How come can u connect ,without second thoughts, a person's dedication in the game (see high lwrp bracket category people u mentioned) with people that blatantly use cheats such as radar?
So in common words what u say here is that people in opted groups that play a lot of hours per day together and have more lwrp than the rest are cheaters?
This sounds really embarassing tbh.
Now a persons dedication and hard work to accomplish a goal <whatever that is> is translated into him being a cheater.
I really dont understand where this daoc-community is leading into , accusing dedicated players for cheating whereas casual players are deemed immune to this kind of accusations
Im not saying that dedicated players havent been caught red handed for cheating but we cant blame all dedicated players for being cheaters thats my opinion

It is pointing out that someone who uses a radar or other cheat will be in the high LWRP because its stupid to think they would use such a program and risk getting banded only to gain a few RPs. Also on the subject on new players vs exp ones, even if a Low RR player was using a Radar all he would do is find someone and then probably get killed if they are of a much higher RR. Radar abusers may be more annomus than we think, hind out in groups with other who don't even know there cheating, using the radar to make sure they pic up stragglers and avoid big groups.

toxii

Can't get enough of FH
i think that you are looking into this issue way too much one-sided
not like this server is overrun with headless chicken that run around getting farmed by enemy groups

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Balbor said:
It is pointing out that someone who uses a radar or other cheat will be in the high LWRP because its stupid to think they would use such a program and risk getting banded only to gain a few RPs. Also on the subject on new players vs exp ones, even if a Low RR player was using a Radar all he would do is find someone and then probably get killed if they are of a much higher RR. Radar abusers may be more annomus than we think, hind out in groups with other who don't even know there cheating, using the radar to make sure they pic up stragglers and avoid big groups.

Do you understand you thickheaded motherfucker that we have Stealthers allover Emain, at MGs and PK-areas?

Gr8 radar using, either take normal route(by ZW) to MMG from AMG and you are quite certain to meet a group.

And you better STFU now or go MOC-smite something while your group is dying.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Dreami said:
Do you understand you thickheaded motherfucker that we have Stealthers allover Emain, at MGs and PK-areas?

Gr8 radar using, either take normal route(by ZW) to MMG from AMG and you are quite certain to meet a group.

And you better STFU now or go MOC-smite something while your group is dying.

the same stealthers that watch mmgH all day long ? :D

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
Gustav - What race + RR are you?

I once saw a Troll FlammenVakten (Warrior) behind a tree because I saw a few letters of its name.

SO maybe the group had someone rotating camera and saw part of your name.

/shrug

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
the problem is that radar is relatively safe to use, it cannot be detected (yet) and with all the accusations going on about radar use you dont know what is real and what isnt anymore (like UFO encounters, which are real if any at all?)

tho radar users will probably be able to see with ease who else uses radar...

Minimez

Fledgling Freddie
i saw a US submarine on my radar last night! OMG ive been rumbled!

sko

Loyal Freddie
Morchaoron said:
tho radar users will probably be able to see with ease who else uses radar...

Like wallhack in halflife.. when you hax, you easily can see who else haxes too ^^

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Daedalus said:
It's up to GoA. Remember that most groups have at least one member panning their camera around.
Panning is the key \o/

jamiesmallicus

One of Freddy's beloved
gustav m8

not read the post but have no reason to se why u would lie ...
i believe u m8...
all best jamie

Ethild

Fledgling Freddie
Devaster said:
zzz :eek: Only windows based radar programs wich run on same pc with daoc will be detectable by the not realy legal "addon" to daoc wich scans u'r hdd or ram or whatever.
Unix based radar software wich is running on the router pc wont be detected ever unless some GM personal monitor ingame radar user player.

Please don't 'zzz :eek:' people when you are actually not particularly clued up yourself. Since the encryption detection was changed in 1.68 from always symmetric encryption, to an initial RSA key exchange of a secret to then later be used for symmetric encryption, passive sniffing was made effectively impossible... i.e. your latter suggestion of monitoring from a router.

Any modern system has to be invasive to one or more processes used by DAoC. There was a brief time where you could calculate the RSA key as Mythic foolishly seeded the key generator just on the local system time, but they realised their mistake fairly fast.

Lyrra

Fledgling Freddie
Ethild said:
Please don't 'zzz :eek:' people when you are actually not particularly clued up yourself. Since the encryption detection was changed in 1.68 from always symmetric encryption, to an initial RSA key exchange of a secret to then later be used for symmetric encryption, passive sniffing was made effectively impossible... i.e. your latter suggestion of monitoring from a router.

Any modern system has to be invasive to one or more processes used by DAoC. There was a brief time where you could calculate the RSA key as Mythic foolishly seeded the key generator just on the local system time, but they realised their mistake fairly fast.

Great post :)

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
If mythic have truley got a foolproof way of detecting it then all i can say is :clap: :drink: :clap:

How long will it last is my concern - battle between the warhead and armour the armour always wins (military analogy i know but best i can come up with) - NF has been running for only a few months stateside? Anyone know enough tech info about the detect method to hazard a guess if the hack coders will crack it?

Good point about the names - but thats why i do the "unstealth behind a tree at clip range" test - odds of being spotted there (3 times in a row) are minimal imo.

And yeah good post ethild tyvm.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Devaster said:
thinking of 1000+ ppl getting monitored and banned in 1 week by GMs is realy retarded.

why? means they doing their job.. should have a set of dedicated ppl JUST monitoring for radar... and then put up a new page on their webby with their name, adress etc so ppl can go molest them..

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
TheBinarySurfer said:
How long will it last is my concern - battle between the warhead and armour the armour always wins

depends how big the warhead is.. ;) (IE how serious Mythic/GOA take this)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom