Radar

Gustav

One of Freddy's beloved
Just a quick question...If i am tailing a group in stealth in a remote place in the frontiers and I test there worthyness by unstealthing behind a tree out of view of all and they suddenly turn around and run straight for me. Do I

a) realise they are an uber bunch and can smell a blue skinned enemy almost out of sight

b) think its a random occurence and brush it off.

c) realise they are a complete bunch of wankas who use a radar program to find me.

To be honest, if I was using a radar program and I suddenly saw 1 lone figure appear on my radar program thingy where there was none before I would be a bit more careful in turning around and running straight for him. I mean I am virtually in a bush completely out of sight. Yes QQ more newb...and all that jazz. I was not killed by them or did I engage them. So this is probably more a whine thread against unsubstantiated evidence.

This was a game I played not once or twice but many times over the course of an evening in Sauvage. Countless times the group in question did complete turns from their course of running to try to find me when I unstealthed. Be it hibs or mids or albs I find that beneath contempt. U are not a worthy enemy, nor are you worth more than the time it takes to write this.

Am I being paranoid? Are the stories and rumours true? DO ppl actually use radar programs and I am completely ignorant about the extent of the situation? I am hoping that I am completely wrong and that it is just random coincindence that the fg turned everytime I unstealthed. I am hoping its like all internet rumours and falsehoods, never take it seriously, make your own mind up and don't be influenced by scaremongering and brokens truths.

Surely people who play this game want to compete within the boundaries that everyone enjoys. Is there satisfaction from winning in that circumstance that you have advantage that no one else has access to? Whatever the case, your standing is lessened in the eyes of others.

Gustav

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Role on new frontiers and we don't have to worry about radar anymore.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Shanaia said:

Im sure GOA monitor it as good as mythic to. or not :(

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Gustav said:
Just a quick question...If i am tailing a group in stealth in a remote place in the frontiers and I test there worthyness by unstealthing behind a tree out of view of all and they suddenly turn around and run straight for me. Do I

report them via rightnow. goa check server side logs and will do something about it. dunno if they send anything back though, to tell you what happened. because i want to know about the person i reported.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
It's up to GoA. Remember that most groups have at least one member panning their camera around.

sko

Loyal Freddie
"Check server side logs" yeah right

if you report it, they wont even consider doing anything about it until you provide hard evidence, if you are lucky you get a GM to monitor them, if he finds them suspicious 10 out of 10 times, GOA will discuss a possible smack bottom (for the hacker) over a cup of tea and some chocolate biscuits. Don't have your hopes too high, GOA is french after all.

Gustav

One of Freddy's beloved
yes panning camera is one thing, I am not one to jump to conclusions so I made sure that couldn't be the case. I couldn't be seen from the angle they were looking. I was behind some pine tree with lush and full branches. and the other times i was behind other obstacles like the skellie camp and tower in sauvage. The time that made me most suspicious was when I was at the top of the tower in Sauvage and the group that was milling around the base ran away suddenly turned and a few ran up the ladders, one even used the cyclops shield stealth lore thing.

sko

Loyal Freddie
You're not taking the smartest action, tho, Gustav.

What you should do is record every incident when they return for you, over and over again, compile it and send it to GOA - that way they have something definite to work after, now, if they read this they are either removing their radar or just acting more caucious and won't be caught ever.. bad choise to go on public forums in either case.

Gustav

One of Freddy's beloved
more of a bringing up the subject for discussion than to name names and expose.

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Remember that trees and other obstacles can look different when running different clients (Classic - SI - ToA)

However, the tower thing etc doesn't sound like it can be explained by this, you could have accidently lagged out of the tower I guess, does happen often...

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Edlina said:
Remember that trees and other obstacles can look different when running different clients (Classic - SI - ToA)

However, the tower thing etc doesn't sound like it can be explained by this, you could have accidently lagged out of the tower I guess, does happen often...

Or its simply radar :p I mean; it would be ignorant to think there are no radar-users on Prydwen. Im actually sure people use radar on Prydwen; stuff like Gustav describes pretty much happened to me too but I was 'behind' the MG when I tried a Mid-group out who aimed flawless to my location whenever I unstealthed to aim and fire.

It is however really hard to make fullproof evidence; without some way of faking the radar-user by using invisible skins. But that requires extensive research, time and resources from GOA their side which isnt something which is available all the time I guess.

With New Frontiers we hopefully get some degree of anti-radar here too which will flush out the cheaters easily :>

Devaster

Fledgling Freddie
Shanaia said:

zzz :eek: Only windows based radar programs wich run on same pc with daoc will be detectable by the not realy legal "addon" to daoc wich scans u'r hdd or ram or whatever.
Unix based radar software wich is running on the router pc wont be detected ever unless some GM personal monitor ingame radar user player.
Ppl banned on US where exactly tho with detectable radar software, thinking of 1000+ ppl getting monitored and banned in 1 week by GMs is realy retarded.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
If peeps in fg are using radar to gank soloers they are pretty stupid imo.

How better can you give urself away?

Lag is sometimes a very big give away. Last few days seems to have been very laggy in fights anyway with peeps warping all over the place.

Mael, 50th ment.

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
running around the used parts of the frontiers is pritty unpreductive for a small group of people unless they are using Radar.

And remeber people that use radar a lot are likely to be getting a fair few RPs each week so unless un-guilded will show up in the high rankings.

Ballade.

Banned
Report via rightnow

or do a /who 100 and ask em polite if they could take a view of the situation.
( they are very nice and helpfull and im sure they wouldnt mind ;) )

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
Hard to tell how well spread it is tbh without intervention from Goa with ghost accounts etc to see if peeps head straight for it. Haven't really had any situations where a stealther couldn't simply have given info or just through luck that groups have gotten the jump.

Dont see the point of cheating anyway, its a game after all and if it means u have to use external programs to get an advantage then why bother.

Stoned Viking

Fledgling Freddie
Ive tried something like that, being in the most unused location of sauvage and then having a fg of hibs finding me, but then again ive also tried having a fg of mids running right past me in odins where i was hiding behind a tree... I guess ive just been lucky/unlucky.. if rader is the issue tho.. :twak:

Borvo

Fledgling Freddie
they could be using radar..or using teamspeak or something and one turning his camera spots u and tell over teamspeak should go real fast then

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
I like the tried and tested method of get behind a tree at clip and unstealthing.

If they come running,stealth,move away and repeat a little bit later, then same again.

3/3 times for me is beyond "i happened to be panning the camera" or my "my mate happened to see you unstealth". It wont get anyone banned,but i just make a point of messaging full groups to come and gank the person in question, or zephyring them into mob spawns where possible :flame:

Thugs

Fledgling Freddie
Radar?

So they only 'see' you when you unstealth? Well set a trap if you can find enough stealthers. One shows himself and then waits. The rest of your stealth squad kicks them so hard they will think 2x about that radar shit.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
My understanding of it is that it they dont see you when stealthed - seems to be true with most of the (probable) radar'ers since they dont jump me when stealthed barring TS/SL attacks ofc.

Anyone know for certain?

Joe_Soap

Fledgling Freddie
Gustav said:
c) realise they are a complete bunch of wankas who use a radar program to find me.

sadly (c)

To be honest, if I was using a radar program and I suddenly saw 1 lone figure appear on my radar program thingy where there was none before I would be a bit more careful in turning around and running straight for him.
[/QUOTE=Gustav]

got to remember the type of twats who use radar dont think that way. its omfgreddotletsgopwnrofllmaf

m I being paranoid? Are the stories and rumours true? DO ppl actually use radar programs and I am completely ignorant about the extent of the situation?

i honestly do believe that the majority of peeps dont realise the extent of radar and other cheats in the game. it really is unbelieveable.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
TheBinarySurfer said:
My understanding of it is that it they dont see you when stealthed - seems to be true with most of the (probable) radar'ers since they dont jump me when stealthed barring TS/SL attacks ofc.

Anyone know for certain?

radar doesn't pick up stealthed players, but gives some kind of warning when a stealther is close by.
Ever wondered why that caster started strafing just when you're about to PA him ? Or why you get SLed in the middle of nowhere ?

Lyne

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Gustav,

I think I was driving one of the groups that did an about face, we were running Sauvage yesterday evening and were running down from the path just past the Priceps (spelling?!) huts. I saw you running behind us and turned to see if I could get you but you evaded us you pesky stealther you ;)

To answer your question; no I did not use radar. I constantly pan my camera about to see all directions, it's a bit of a habit I've picked up playing my nature druid in Thidranki :)

Faze.

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Eroda said:
Dont see the point of cheating anyway, its a game after all and if it means u have to use external programs to get an advantage then why bother.

i think u will find that the majority of those radar users are in the high lwrps bracket .........

Puppet

Part of the furniture
TheBinarySurfer said:
I like the tried and tested method of get behind a tree at clip and unstealthing.

If they come running,stealth,move away and repeat a little bit later, then same again.

3/3 times for me is beyond "i happened to be panning the camera" or my "my mate happened to see you unstealth". It wont get anyone banned,but i just make a point of messaging full groups to come and gank the person in question, or zephyring them into mob spawns where possible :flame:

If you mean the high hill just past Ailinne just before the 'corridor' to nGed: The top of the hill is something I run past in such a way its in cliprange. wont ofcourse help when you're stealthed but sometimes a non-stealther/buffbot hides there. Hell I've camped there often enough on Excalibur with my Alb-chars :p

Case

Fledgling Freddie
was a mid in thid recently I used the same trick Gustav...he was a skald running with a bot /stuck

the old hide behind tree take screenies and FRAPs always works against the fools :)

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Jupiter said:
i think u will find that the majority of those radar users are in the high lwrps bracket .........

I think you will find the majority of those radar users are people who think those high in the lwrps brackets are using radar and thus justify it by doing it themselves "cos the high rr elite grps does it"...

As with you, I'm just guessing ofcourse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom