Radar

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Well aint that just a charm.

No reason for accusing anyone I guess thens? o.0 new radar program will prly pop up sometime though :|

Sulphur

Fledgling Freddie
Well this was just one program.. There may well be others. As far as i could tell this was the main offender though. Put in simple terms Mythic have made the client packets and packets sent from server require a code to be authenticated, thus meaning any packet sniffer (how the radar system works) can't work. So yes good news, until they find a way around it :)

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
that second video is from the states

MrRogers is the fella who was radaring - I know that he was kicked out of his guild. Not sure if he was banned tho

M

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
Edlina said:
You should hug me more and shoot the elph with a goattee less imo :p

yib imo !

And btw, who needs radar when u have uber reports from Trevina :) /hug liddul luwi! Bestest scout reports around !

Sinnica

Fledgling Freddie
that last vid is from a US server if I remember right.
and less shooting Tare :wub:

Poag

m00?
Tareregion said:
yib imo !

And btw, who needs radar when u have uber reports from Trevina :) /hug liddul luwi! Bestest scout reports around !

shoot the elf!!!
damn elf..nvr dies when i shoot him :<

..ok he does when all 3 of us shoot at him...but thats beside the point!

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
1.68 did introduce a new method of packet encryption for the game data.

Out of the various radar programs available, mainly the free ones, operate by reading the packet stream to obtain their data to display. 1.68 has hit these hard with many of them not working.

However, some of the most popular radar programs like *** (a subcription based one) do not work off the packet stream but instead obtain their data directly from the PC's memory. The new encryption will do nothing to combat this type of radar program, and I can't see away that they can be stopped.

And before anyone suggests it, I do not use any of them, I just like to know what I may be up against in rvr, so I like to keep informed. Know thine enemy!

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
Yes revealing radar names will help cure the problem, no I don't care how easy it is to locate them.

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
Might have know the rabid forumites would crawl out of their holes as soon as someone tries to give a reasonable and informed answer.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Well, they could implement a piece of code in it that detects programs that are known, then send off a report in the background which basically says to ban them, I think that would clean up the radar using idiots quickly.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Arus Canus said:
Doesnt surprise me that a mid knows the main "haxz0r"

I used to work with anticheats to CS so I always keep a track on what cheats/hacks etc etc are out so that I know what to look for. And I don´t KNOW him. There is only 1 radar programmer I know of and he has stopped making them

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
Sharma said:
Well, they could implement a piece of code in it that detects programs that are known, then send off a report in the background which basically says to ban them, I think that would clean up the radar using idiots quickly.

Scanning you system for the presence of other legitimate programs (yes, radar programs are against the CoC but they are not illegal under law), counts as an invasion of privacy and there would be a legitimate case for litigation against Mythic. This is the main reason why it's not done.

Other programs that do scan, things like Adaware or anti-virus programs are looking for stuff you did not consent to install on your PC and as such have a legitimate right to scan.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Smurflord said:
Scanning you system for the presence of other legitimate programs (yes, radar programs are against the CoC but they are not illegal under law), counts as an invasion of privacy and there would be a legitimate case for litigation against Mythic. This is the main reason why it's not done.

Other programs that do scan, things like Adaware or anti-virus programs are looking for stuff you did not consent to install on your PC and as such have a legitimate right to scan.

I suppose it could count as entrapment but i've seen other programs use a similar sort of thing, I think Operation flashpoint or something of the sort in the latest patch had soemthing added that scans for ISO programs (Daemon tools or what have you) and basically it refuses to boot as long as ANY of them are installed, I suppose it helps Vs illegal ISOs etc.

There must be some way they can get around the law to stamp out these programs surely?

Sulphur

Fledgling Freddie
Surely if it reads from memory it will only 'see' as far as a player can? Also i'm not sure how that would work..

Marczje

Fledgling Freddie
I must be like So blind /shrug, but whats going on in the second movie? just see someone stealthed, unstealthing, thats it? :eek:

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
Sulphur said:
Surely if it reads from memory it will only 'see' as far as a player can? Also i'm not sure how that would work..

What's held in memory, and what's actually displayed on the screen are not the same thing. The client and therefore the memory is sent all information on players and mobs in about 3x the max clipping range, though they are not actively drawn on the screen until you get within clipping range. Therefore 3x the clipping range is the maximum limit of the radar programs. Sounds a bit limited, but standing at amgE you could see about halfway to apk, and certainly to the silo and round the corners to the roads to brefine and DC.
As for stealthers, the packet information is not sent to the client until they are visible as a shadow, whereupon they will be displayed on radar.

And from what I've heard, someone's broken the 1.68 packet encyption. :(

All in all it's really sad, but it's a fact of life. Can't think of any online game that has been free of cheat programs. All we can do is actively report people we consistently suspect of cheating to GOA. Whining on here won't achieve anything, and despite some people's low opinions of GOA staff, they do take it seriously and if they get enough reports about an idividual, he will be watched and investigated.

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
Smurflord said:
Might have know the rabid forumites would crawl out of their holes as soon as someone tries to give a reasonable and informed answer.
Pretty pathetic response to be honest, posting radar names does not help your argument at all. Grow up.

Poag

m00?
Marczje said:
I must be like So blind /shrug, but whats going on in the second movie? just see someone stealthed, unstealthing, thats it? :eek:

if you look the background u can see a troll and a norseman amongst the trees. Whenever the mincer destealths the norseman/troll makes a bee line for the tree the mincer is hiding behind...does it 3 or 4 times...pretty strong proof if u ask me

Eroa

Banned
Marczje said:

agree.. you are blind if you cant see it

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
wajn.jpg
tbh -_.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom