Radar

Logan5

Fledgling Freddie
People using radar in emain tonight?

If not then I would like to commend the most excellent tracking skills of the group that repeatedly found us while traveling at sprint+skald speed in the remote areas of the frontiers. The intercepts were text book for an AWACS operator.

Once lucky

Twice Skilled

3rd and 4th time ... just sux ... and no, we wern't following same route each time.

Our GM has passed a few names to Mythic. Not that they can probably do anything.

Logan5

Fledgling Freddie
So did we ... but i guess anything is possible when it's all just a pile of 1s and 0s

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
./shrug should be nerfed ye, I wonder if ye ran in the remote locations of the frontiers like you said like Snowdonia or Yggdra forest though, it sounds rather wild for someone to run into you :)

Also you'd wanna pass the names to GOA not Mythic :p

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Whats 'strange spots' ? MMG rest-spots near zonewall? Inside Mill?

There are no unknown hiding spots in Emain Macha. Breifine etc oki; but Emain = 100% covered on a regular RvR-evening.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
dunno i was running out there and i dont radar generally its the other realms that insist on charging through about 30 lvl 50 mushrooms. IM a very stationary player and woot to those two stealthers who risked my rps for a chain assist Pa :) bard rezzed me after mushrooms anhialated you

Maybe it might be warning that Animist sitting down for mana = about 30 lvl 50 mushrooms are up :D

Krissy

Fledgling Freddie
erm 3rd patry programs wasnt stopped? just if u need to connect to something else it was stopped via that or something?

afaik radar still works (some), and btw from all the pictures ive seen of radar and how it works, the range on it dont seem to large at all, most say its only 5000 so if ur in a remote area they wouldnt see u anyway id guess so must of been traveling that way the first time then expected u to comeback over and over :)

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
http://www.raxo.net/garfo/daoc/KA.WMV

If it's any evidence like that then it could be radar but we never know with your post unless we are there.

If the person was the same leading group all the times and ran right at you whilst you are in a very remote area of emain(like behind levis, behind dc at zonewall corners) then yes it could be suspicious, just report them with screenshots and send to rightnow, they can soon tell if they cheat.

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
Never underestimate the alluring siren song of the RPs....

Hope you will find out if they are bad guys or just plain lucky.

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
there was somekind story in whineboard how long taked before radar program started work again after 1.68? (dont remember patch number, but its near) taked quite long time.

sadly when patch arrive to EU server some radar programs are up on date again and working "fine", we dont have that delay what US servers had.
there was many uber rvr guilds suddenly dropping alott rp:s earned weekly, wonder why? and patch didnt have any big changes.

its sad when there is some jerks who need use this kind program to rise own ego, prolly many these jerks brag alot allso in this board, and prolly these lame peeps usually are behind 99% whines against other classes when they suddenly loose in some fight what they think allready owning easily?

more and more this game go to elitist and "need have xxx uberitem to compete", more these peeps are looking all kind cheats so they have even small egde.

Opin

Fledgling Freddie
As far as i know the only radar program working is the ones reading the memory(the encrypted line between server and computer is most likely not to be broken). Reading on various boards it seems the range arent much longer than the visibilty range, so the only advantage one would have useing radar now is to prevent attacks from behind, not to actively hunt someone.

Kahland

One of Freddy's beloved
Sycho said:
http://www.raxo.net/garfo/daoc/KA.WMV

If it's any evidence like that then it could be radar but we never know with your post unless we are there.

If the person was the same leading group all the times and ran right at you whilst you are in a very remote area of emain(like behind levis, behind dc at zonewall corners) then yes it could be suspicious, just report them with screenshots and send to rightnow, they can soon tell if they cheat.

That doesnt even look like radar, he just unstealths too long so they see, besides that he doesnt seem to know what panning is ? :x

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
The developer of the radar program stopped updating it when 1.69 came to US because Mythic change something. So there will be radar until 1.69 then atleast the guy I know has programming radar have stopped

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Kahland said:
That doesnt even look like radar, he just unstealths too long so they see, besides that he doesnt seem to know what panning is ? :x
How about this then? Very crap host btw :p

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Saggy said:

WOW.. Is this on Prydwen by the way? Cant read names to check but ye... I would consider this myselves pretty ok proof :eek2:

retards like that should be banned from the game (that is: The one 'leading' to the minstrel; the rest of the group might be just the one sticking to him)

Its pretty close to the stunts Ayeesha pulled off at times in Emain on Prydwen :twak:

Sulphur

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Whats 'strange spots' ? MMG rest-spots near zonewall? Inside Mill?

There are no unknown hiding spots in Emain Macha. Breifine etc oki; but Emain = 100% covered on a regular RvR-evening.

While i agree with you.. He is talking about the SAME group and not being found on the off chance.

Arus Canus

One of Freddy's beloved
omg lol.

A shame the overpowered realm has to use cheats.

SHAME ON YOU!!

that goes for the mid grp in HW yesterday too...

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Cough

Saggy said:

Rightnow em and pray cause this is a pretty hard proof of using some radar hack hence BAN!!!!!

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Sulphur said:
While i agree with you.. He is talking about the SAME group and not being found on the off chance.

hmm, well same group its get suspicious unless its a group known to check all hide-outs (I dont know any group who does that tho)

I've found people on 'strange spots' but often when i wanted to rest on that same 'strange spot' :p

All I can say: If you think radar/cheat ---> Rightnow and let them deal with it.

Sulphur

Fledgling Freddie
Second movie posted is the most obvious thing i've ever seen. Send RightNow the link along with
captainobvious.jpg

Arus Canus

One of Freddy's beloved
Originally Posted by xxManiacxx
The developer of the radar program stopped updating it when 1.69 came to US because Mythic change something. So there will be radar until 1.69 then atleast the guy I know has programming radar have stopped

Doesnt surprise me that a mid knows the main "haxz0r"

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
both movies are 100 % example they cheat , someone ban them pls !

Sulphur

Fledgling Freddie
I was searching on google for more information and found this:
People who have tried xxxxx by Server / Realm
Report generated on: 2004-May-12

Percival: (149) Albion: 34% Midgard: 38% Hibernia: 26%
Galahad: (162) Albion: 28% Midgard: 43% Hibernia: 27%
Mordred: (576) Albion: 39% Midgard: 25% Hibernia: 34%
Nimue: (128) Albion: 70% Midgard: 11% Hibernia: 17%
Pendragon: ( 86) Albion: 77% Midgard: 15% Hibernia: 6%
Merlin: (357) Albion: 23% Midgard: 36% Hibernia: 39%
MorganLeFay: (198) Albion: 20% Midgard: 33% Hibernia: 45%
Tristan: (112) Albion: 26% Midgard: 37% Hibernia: 35%
Palomides: (120) Albion: 15% Midgard: 65% Hibernia: 20%
Kay: ( 97) Albion: 48% Midgard: 28% Hibernia: 22%
Igraine: ( 64) Albion: 43% Midgard: 28% Hibernia: 28%
Iseult: ( 87) Albion: 24% Midgard: 31% Hibernia: 44%
Bors: (132) Albion: 52% Midgard: 22% Hibernia: 25%
Guinevere: (225) Albion: 36% Midgard: 24% Hibernia: 39%
Lancelot: (243) Albion: 29% Midgard: 24% Hibernia: 46%
Pellinor: (112) Albion: 34% Midgard: 35% Hibernia: 29%
Gawaine: ( 98) Albion: 25% Midgard: 35% Hibernia: 38%
Bedevere: ( 98) Albion: 54% Midgard: 25% Hibernia: 20%
Gaheris: ( 54) Albion: 33% Midgard: 27% Hibernia: 38%

Usage data based on DDS map downloads of Salisbury Plains,
East Svealand, and Lough Derg.

Sulphur

Fledgling Freddie
and..
As of DAoC client version 1.68c, Mythic has changed their packet encryption process which breaks <snip>. I applaud their efforts in stopping cheat programs! After two and a half years, they are finally taking steps to secure the game world for their customers.

The new process is much more secure, using RSA to exchange a symmetric key as well as swapping out their symmetric algorithm for a new one. If their RSA is secure, then this essentially protects the conversation from external sniffers. This is a giant leap forward from an otherwise reticent Mythic Entertainment.

Due to the spirit of this change and the large number of unscrupulous persons who profit from selling copies of <snip> somewhat dubiously, I have waylayed creating a patch for <snip> indefinately.

A

Aoln

Also noticed some dodgy play from a group tonight, can never be certain though :)

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
You should hug me more and shoot the elph with a goattee less imo :p

And Sulphur, we got 1.68 now... So that should be in?

Sulphur

Fledgling Freddie
The radar program doesn't work anymore and the creator has stopped working on it (apparently)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom