radar thread on dev boards - please dont destroy my game

O

old.Cher

hmmm i was an albion at the time it happened, and i couldn't for the life of me see it as cheating, mainly because he used stealth,

stealth is a skill in the game, and he used it to gain access to somewhere,

the part i dislike however was bind stone camping.but hey the guy got punished, so let it lie

P

Pixie.Pebr

Originally posted by old.Cher
hmmm i was an albion at the time it happened, and i couldn't for the life of me see it as cheating, mainly because he used stealth,

stealth is a skill in the game, and he used it to gain access to somewhere,

the part i dislike however was bind stone camping.but hey the guy got punished, so let it lie

You are not supposed to be able to enter the other realms homezones.
The fact that the guards at the BKs where unable to uncover you at that time does not make it ok to pass the BK.
It was abusing a bug.
It was cheating.
Calling it anything else is denial of facts.

And like I said, I'm in the "hang them out to dry and beat them up while at it"-camp when it comes to cheaters.
So, while not being particulary upset with this case anymore, I still intend to remind Sinister and others about it, whenever Sinister sticks his face into discussions regarding cheating, making statements to the effect he is against cheating.

Same goes for kr0n and his hacking of Brannor's account.
This was a good place to remind people he has done this, so I remind you.

So you see, I won't "let it lie".
It is when people start doing that, that cheating slowly start to become accepted as a part of a gaming environment.
I won't post a thread every two weeks with the title "Sinister is a cheater!!!" either.
Just, like I said, remind people when I find it appropriate.

D

Driwen

ok but then you cant send pets through the keep door to attack ppl on the other side or you cant hit the siege ram that sticks half way through the door for some weird reason or you have to condemn all the ppl who strafe when they are stunned/mezzed to fuck up the positional styles off other ppl.
I dont really understand the boundries goa and mythic has when it is a bug, but you can use it or when it really is bug exploiting. Nice recent example is the necro's :p, parking pet somewhere and let it nuke someone to death while pet couldnt see the person directly this was considered a bug, BUT you could use it. So could anyone help me with what goa sees are bug exploiting and just using your class to the max?

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by driwen
ok but then you cant send pets through the keep door to attack ppl on the other side
Well to be honest the only pet that should be able to do this, is the sm spirit's. Since there are spirits they can walk thru solid objects.

There will always be people who need to cheat. They feel good about themselves while doin it feeling all uber. But i don't think they feel that good afterwards knowing they have screwed over so many people. But then again i guess they are just asocial twits. That should get a reallife, i bet they would even try to cheat while playing chess.

C

Cavex ElSaviour

hame, the vnboard mods stick their heads in sand and just lock the damn topic.

And on subject: no idea how radar users can be found, but i strongly agree on the name and shame part.

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Fafnir
There will always be people who need to cheat. They feel good about themselves while doin it feeling all uber. But i don't think they feel that good afterwards knowing they have screwed over so many people. But then again i guess they are just asocial twits. That should get a reallife, i bet they would even try to cheat while playing chess.

my point was that 90% off the ppl uses buggs in this game and if you want to ban sinister for using it, you should ban the rest who do it aswell. What they do is hardly cheating as, because cheating is not bug exploiting. Bug exploiting is lame, but I doubt hitting the siege ram through the door or sending your pet through the door can be seen as really lame. Also because my pet atleast tends to run off alot during keep sieges and it is so hectic that i usually dont bother with stopping him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom