Radar that shows stealthers

I

iluvatur

seen all the videos for WoW ... riding horses and bird/dragon things.. gonna rock :DDDDD

E

Elomiem

well,on neither excal nor xunleashed can u see stealthers anymore,this from the dev forums..and i trus the devs know what they say :D

G

Gordonax

Originally posted by belth
I did see a mention about a perma-TS hack on one of the radar boards but that was about it, none of the repliers admitted to its existance and/or using such a thing, but weren't exactly denying it either.

One of the things that makes apps like Excalibar difficult for Mythic/Goa to deal with is that there's no way they can write simple scripts to watch for it. It doesn't interfere with their data, it doesn't send anything dubious to the server. And a smart radar user would be hard to spot, because they *wouldn't* head straight for targets.

That means that Mythic/Goa has to examine logs to spot people who look like they could be radar users - people who suddenly start getting lots of rps, for example, or who consistently get very high kill rates - and have actual people watching them for radar-like behaviour: heading straight for targets that they don't have line of sight on, for example.

That kind of radar is hard to detect, but an app that constantly told the server that TS was on constantly would be very, very easy to detect by simple log file analysis - you could even write detection into the server code itself. As such, anyone using such a program *would* get caught.

Yes, I do have some inside info on what Mythic and Goa do about cheat applications. Don't think for one second that either company doesn't know exactly what hacks are around. They can use Google and IRC just as well as anyone else :)

B

belth

Originally posted by Gordonax
That kind of radar is hard to detect, but an app that constantly told the server that TS was on constantly would be very, very easy to detect by simple log file analysis - you could even write detection into the server code itself. As such, anyone using such a program *would* get caught.

Yes and so it's pretty safe to say that any such activity will end after a day or two... With a perma-banned account.

Which leads to the conclusion... No radar will/can show stealthed characters.

I

Imon

I really wish they they would trace some radar users
Destroys the game

On the other hand

70% of the big rvr guilds would stand without driver^^

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Imon
I really wish they they would trace some radar users
Destroys the game

On the other hand

70% of the big rvr guilds would stand without driver^^

and how do you know wether so many people are using radar? Hell half the time its just logical spot to go to or they were just lucky/you were unlucky.

to be honest you just sound like those cs newbies who cry cheater as soon as some skilled player shoots a few headshots.

B

behatch

yes,bloodthorn use's it..have severals ss of him attack ppl in stealth while moveing.

O

old.BJ|Bored

Originally posted by behatch
yes,bloodthorn use's it..have severals ss of him attack ppl in stealth while moveing.

^^ dont see what that proves ;o

Just i tend to afk a lot so set autorun while stealthed to some obscure map border (like due N of graveyard in emain alb pk) and when i come back some1 has killed me there (at the border)

happened like 10 times so far this week, so unless stealthers are seeing me as i run then /sticking for 10 mins till i hit border before attacking ...

R

Ravenbourne

Cheaters in any game should have their balls nailed to the wall

O

old.m0000

to all you people who are saying it does exist because u read it somewhere or something etc

LISTEN TO FACTS

IT CANNOT EXIST, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE.

not difficult, not hard, IMPOSSIBLE.

O

old.Gobarnachta

Originally posted by herjulf

I also revealed Gobernacta in emain on many many occasions where he outran my skald, if i recall correctly Gobernacta was enchanter/eldritch and no no bards near.
I also think he was temporarily banned for a while.

However the speedcheat has to be easy to reveal. Since goa logs all shit like locs all the time on all ppl etc.
unatural movement speed must be very easy for them to reveal.

I've never been banned nor I have cheated with 3rd party software...my enchanter retired last year a month before x-mas or so and went /webdisplay off with it so either you have confused me with someone else or this is total bs :(

-G

K

K0nah

Originally posted by censi
Gotta feel sorry for old alpha. Remeber every fooker used to think he hacked just could he could kill targets and know what he was doing.

the original alpha did use radar. he showed a m8 of mine who knew him from UO... ;)

D

Demolay

Odins Eye shows last known direction of stealther before he moved out of its clip range i.e. run after him in that direction (apparently)

Users who are viewing this thread