Radar that shows stealthers

O

old.BJ|Bored

Does one exist? dont want a name just a yes/no

V suspicious about where i was hit while resting, if there is one id like to know is all ;) need to change gameplan if so.

I always thought server never sent stealthers information to ppl
but... ?

V

vintervargen

yeah, its named DAoCexploiter2k3, and you get a 7 day FREE trial!

O

old.BJ|Bored

if it is that simple it explains how you got ur rr then.

Z

zelur

not funny vintervargen u fjortis.

anyway.. I dont think it exists.

D

Driwen

I think it does, but iirc you need a linux OS to run it. So that excludes 90% of the daoc players ;).

B

belth

Authors of various radar programs are saying showing stealthers on them is impossible because the server simply doesn't send the info (unless you're under effects of TS/SH)...

Just do a search on google on pretty much anything DAoC related, even searching for a simple offline logparser gets you hits to radar programs :(

O

old.m0000

Originally posted by old.BJ|Bored
Does one exist? dont want a name just a yes/no

V suspicious about where i was hit while resting, if there is one id like to know is all ;) need to change gameplan if so.

I always thought server never sent stealthers information to ppl
but... ?

no, and none can exist - because the way radar works is it reads or "sniffs" the data between you and the daoc server - and decodes it to show on a map where things are and what they are. But if you are in stealth - the server works out who can see you (perhaps a TS archer etc) and sends your position to them, but no one else - so basicly the data is not sent if you cant see the stealthed person anyway - thats why when you see stealthers by moving near them they seem to "pop".

So if the data aint sent, then the data cant be sniffed, cant be decoded and thus no radar can exist for detecting stealthed players.

D

Driwen

Originally posted by belth
Authors of various radar programs are saying showing stealthers on them is impossible because the server simply doesn't send the info (unless you're under effects of TS/SH)...

Just do a search on google on pretty much anything DAoC related, even searching for a simple offline logparser gets you hits to radar programs :(

but how come if a stealther is near me i can not stealth? And this isnt done through the server I think as I either stealth immediatly or get a message why I cant immediatly.

O

old.m0000

oh and fyi, you dont need a linux comp to get radar working.

Anyone can do it

yes it is easy

yes mythic suck

yes you should be scared

O

old.m0000

Originally posted by driwen
but how come if a stealther is near me i can not stealth? And this isnt done through the server I think as I either stealth immediatly or get a message why I cant immediatly.

it is done via the server, everything like that is

eg: try playing daoc, disconnect ur network - then try and stealth

oh look, it wont.

L

loxleyhood

FU2.jpg

B

belth

Only thing they can show about stealthed characters is their last location and heading, but that's it.

G

Gordonax

No.

The only thing that's sent to your client regarding stealthers is whether there's one within the range where it'll stop you stealthing - a simple yes/no flag. The position of an unseen stealther isn't sent to your client until they destealth, or you succeed in your chance to spot them.

The only way that a "radar" program could let you spot stealthers would be a server-side hack, or (presumably) if you had access to GM tools. And either of them would be spotted by Mythic/Goa pretty quickly, because some dick-head would use them to set a load of epic mobs loose at a portal keep... :D

B

bob007

Quote taken from a dev of a... Lets say popular radar prog.

With the latest CVS commit, it is time again for me to get on my soapbox and explain stealthers and radar programs.

Location information on characters who are stealthed and not visible to you (not in translucent form) *IS NOT SENT TO THE CLIENT*. Any person who claims that they were strealthed and a radar user ran directly at them from out of visual range is a liar. This /might/ be possible with an assassins with high stealth, but a normal tank / caster does not have the stealthers position information sent to them until they are actually physically visible to the player (this is mostly true anyway, you migh get 1 UDP position or heading update before the stealther is visible, but that packet arrives within 100-200 ms of the player becoming visible, so I'd hardly consider that a warning).

That said, the latest change to CVS darkens the triangle representing a stealther when they go into stealth. If you can still see the player (in game), then the triangle representing that player will still move accordingly, but after they dissappear, their triangle stays at their last known position.

So NO :)

O

old.MikhailGudlik

IT exists i read on a website.
But u have to pay for it or something >.< + spoils the game.
Its on a same site as daoc Xunleashed jsut u gotta contact the programmer and ask it ot be edited for extra price.
At least thats what i saw on forum.
Same thing with speed hack (and i seen in in use on pvp).
But GOa/mythic can trace it to ur account someway (not sure i understood from forum) and htey say. We can do it but expect your accoun tto be banned pretty soon after.
P.S. Anyway any sort of cheating spoils the game.

H

herjulf

Originally posted by Gordonax
No.

The only thing that's sent to your client regarding stealthers is whether there's one within the range where it'll stop you stealthing - a simple yes/no flag. The position of an unseen stealther isn't sent to your client until they destealth, or you succeed in your chance to spot them.

The only way that a "radar" program could let you spot stealthers would be a server-side hack, or (presumably) if you had access to GM tools. And either of them would be spotted by Mythic/Goa pretty quickly, because some dick-head would use them to set a load of epic mobs loose at a portal keep... :D

If that is the way it works, theoretically if you could send false information to server and "teleport" around like crazy you could perhaps "scan" for stealthers then?.
However a method such as this would be very easy to spot by goa/mythic as a cheat in their logs if they get suspicious.
I really wish they nailed some of the obvious "radar" users out there, and speedcheaters. i once saw a lowbie lurikeen skald speed past my shadowblade in uppland in stealth... and i shit u not. i could not click him to see name, but sent time/place and class in report to goa.

I also ran far into nowhere in emain near the large badgers and hid in slope inside a tree/branches, and a high profile infil came and PA:d my skald... coincidence.. maybe, suspicious OH YES.
Also reported, the fella is still around, i guess it is near impossible for them to reveal them as cheaters.
I also revealed Gobernacta in emain on many many occasions where he outran my skald, if i recall correctly Gobernacta was enchanter/eldritch and no no bards near.
I also think he was temporarily banned for a while.

However the speedcheat has to be easy to reveal. Since goa logs all shit like locs all the time on all ppl etc.
unatural movement speed must be very easy for them to reveal.

B

belth

I highly doubt they log half the shit they should. Speaking from past experience.

N

np-insane

There is no radar at all that shows stealthed ppl.. Trust me :)

C

censi

it exists as a plugin to unleashed thats not all that widespread.. Or at least I know it did about 2 patches ago.

and for those saying u cant get at stealthed player Co-ord cuz the co-ords arnt sent to the client under normal conditions, you are right. But then ask yourself what you know about mimicing the conditions under which those co-ords are available to the client.

tbh I dont think theres to many cheaters on excalibur. And those that are sad enough to cheat arnt the type that would remain interested in playing DAOC for to long.

Gotta feel sorry for old alpha. Remeber every fooker used to think he hacked just could he could kill targets and know what he was doing.

N

np-insane

Originally posted by censi
it exists as a plugin to unleashed thats not all that widespread.. Or at least I know it did about 2 patches ago.

Ur still kinda wrong there m8 :)

B

belth

Originally posted by censi
and for those saying u cant get at stealthed player Co-ord cuz the co-ords arnt sent to the client under normal conditions, you are right. But then ask yourself what you know about mimicing the conditions under which those co-ords are available to the client.

I did see a mention about a perma-TS hack on one of the radar boards but that was about it, none of the repliers admitted to its existance and/or using such a thing, but weren't exactly denying it either.

Oh well, I hope WoW is better in this too... Should be better support than on battle.net atleast as we'll be paying for it unlike with the current Blizzard products.

Users who are viewing this thread