Radar Detectors

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Was thinking about getting my Dad a radar detector for christmas but have no idea if they're any good, what to look for in them etc. so have been looking at cheap ones on ebay but still don't know what I'm looking for.

If they're rubbish can anyone suggest some other driving or gardening related tools that would make good presents. He has most of the obvious stuff but he might be retiring next year so wanted to get him something nice.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Get him a Hoe*

*May not be gardening implement ;) 2nd in from left is the Devil Incarnate!!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Radar detectors are crap. Hardly any forces use hand-held radar devices now, they use laser devices instead. Not only will a radar detector pick up GATSO emissions, but it will pick up just about anything - even devices mounted on bus stops.

You'd be better off buying a GPS based device, they're much more reliable and much less irritating.

You could also buy him a laser diffuser, but their use is very much frowned upon....

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Tom said:
You'd be better off buying a GPS based device, they're much more reliable and much less irritating.

Ah well knew there had to be some catch somewhere, thanks for the info Tom. How much would a GPS thing set me back? I know f all about this stuff as I still don't drive.

I don't wanna have to resort to the fluffy slippers backup present.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
xane said:
... or perhaps a copy of the Highway Code, with a bookmark on the page that explains those funny signs with red circles and black numbers in them.

[/troll]

Pffft - they just tell you how many cars you can fit on the road at once.

Oh yeah and get a Road Angel - they rule.

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Bollocks I can't afford that. Slippers it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom