Racing games

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Been playing my XBOne since launch, have Forza 5, Zoo Tycoon and NFS:Rivals. This is the first time out for me on both Forza 5 (only ever played Gran Tourismo) and Need For Speed (only ever played Burnout). Wow, I must say the games are worlds apart, Forza 5 is very similar to Gran Tourismo and I love it. This is the serious racing game and the graphics and gameplay are just lovely especially with DTS surround pumped up. Need for Speed just reminds me so much of my favourite console game, Burnout Paradise, in so many ways.

Anyone else got either of these games and fancy a smash up?

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
I've not NFS, will destroy you at some point. I'm not much of a Forza fan, it's too realistic for me to care ;)

Everyone I know that likes racing games and has PS3 + Xbox 360 says Forza is the best though

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Not or got?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Personally I'm waiting for GT6 coming out a week friday.

I already have a PS3 and a PC+PS3+PS4 compatible wheel, there is only 1 compatible wheel for xb1 and its £450.
The GT6 academy made me so hype - the physics and the improved feedback through the wheel were amazing and I'm really excited for it ( with the new non-awful gui and loading times ).

Forza 5 has a severely cut down track list compared to Forza 4 or GT series, in particular GT6 track list is amazing. Brands Hatch, Goodwood hill climb, Silverstone, Spa etc all being added.

Not to poop on your parade, whats in forza 5 looks very nice, just my personal reasoning for sticking with GT. ( £1035 for xb1+wheel+game ) - and there is no way in hell I'm going back to playing on a pad over a wheel.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I guess each to their own, I loved GT5 Prologue but had to get a XBox to play with my son and was introduced to Forza. Luckily I do not have a wheel so can discount that expense. I know Forza 5 is restricted and loves micro transactions (something I will not pay for). For me both of the games satisfy both of my needs, simulation and fun.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Last edited:

Embattle

FH is my second home
Have they actually managed to introduce proper damage yet?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
No but that isn't really a bad thing, you don't really want to be punished into the ground for crashing (or other people crashing into you) I think it's the right balance between arcade racing and a sim.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
love both GT and forza series, but never had much time off work to enjoy either gt5 or forza 4. will be getting forza 5 once ive finished my 360 backlog and sold the damn thing.

also wish to fuck PD would make a proper sequel to the ace Tourist Trophy. still the best bike racer after all these years
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourist_Trophy_(video_game)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It would be nice as a DLC/expansion for the next GT, not sure I would pay full whack for it.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
have got forza 5 on my xbox one not really played it yet as ive been hammering fifa. on a side note whats the zoo game like the missus wants it

Embattle

FH is my second home
No but that isn't really a bad thing, you don't really want to be punished into the ground for crashing (or other people crashing into you) I think it's the right balance between arcade racing and a sim.

Although not technically a real driving simulator ;)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oh my god, Need for Speed : Rivals, Burnout Paradise in a different guise. Loving the game.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Oh my god, Need for Speed : Rivals, Burnout Paradise in a different guise. Loving the game.

Know what's odd? I find I don't like NFS games, even though Burnout Paradise was probably my favourite PS3 game. It's weird, just feels a bit weird.

I know there's 'licensing' issues, but it would be cool if the cars took proper damage like they did in BP.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Know what's odd? I find I don't like NFS games, even though Burnout Paradise was probably my favourite PS3 game. It's weird, just feels a bit weird.

I know there's 'licensing' issues, but it would be cool if the cars took proper damage like they did in BP.
NFS and BP are from the same studio, Criterion, then most of the devs went to Ghost studio to continue the franchise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom