Ra spec on ranger

Golgh

Fledgling Freddie
hello im wondering what RA spec i should go at rr4 to rr5 with melee spec...

atm im ip2 MoS3 PD2 was thinking of speccing purge 1 instead of PD2..

plz some feedbacks =)

// calominaaaa

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Golgh said:
hello im wondering what RA spec i should go at rr4 to rr5 with melee spec...

atm im ip2 MoS3 PD2 was thinking of speccing purge 1 instead of PD2..

plz some feedbacks =)

// calominaaaa

Yeh i'd get ip2 and purge1 before anything.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
im rr5+ melee ranger and i dont have PURGE :p

i have ip2, mos3, aug str 3 and rest in mop

MrManic

Fledgling Freddie
IP2, MoS3, Purge1 @ RR4

reason for purge is that it comes in handy to get rid of the millions on poisons infilys put on ya!

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
1st thing you should have is purge2, then go for ip2 and purge 3 asap.

Galid

Loyal Freddie
Purge = GOD ! (and no i dont mean good)

I have purge3 on my ranger..

if i was rr4 id have purge3 on my ranger...

Purge makes casters free rps. with that u will get rr5 in no time.

Ip2 is wicked. but id still take purge over it any day

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
agree with galid...

Purge 3
Mos 3
Ip2
Augs/PD/mop etc

In that order.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
My ranger is 9L2, only running purge 1, works fine for me... depends on what you wanna do... i prefer stealther hunting because I can... sod the casters... But truly purge is probably the best way to go for gaining rr's since a lot of the stealthers would probably kick your ass anyways.

Poli

Fledgling Freddie
Purge > IP, imo...
What use is IP when you have potentially: Stun, poisons, dot-mine, ws/con debuff, LW debuff and/or malice debuff coming after you?
Purge will, well timed, rid you of any of these effects, and most likely save more hp's than IP will....

Purge > aug str/dex/mop, imo...
Same as above, Purge will save your ass, and get you kills, more often than your aug passives will imo xD (reason further down)

No purge, Purge1, Purge2 or purge3? Well its really up to you... I run with Purge 2 at RR5, not planning to change it to purge 3 anytime soon, as rangers have so much good stuff to get :p

Anyways, as long as you know why you are doing, what you are doing and what it does... Then any choice can be arguably a right choice, depends on what you think is best...

I think you should make up your own mind, true, advices can be good and necessary, but in the end... you should follow you own intuition!

Now my advice;
Well its not really an advice, more like a way of looking on your own private little melee ranger (elfs excluded :p, they are too tall :( ).

A melee ranger ofc has to do as much dmg as possibly on the opposing player, but when fighting a single stealther enemy, a rangers job is NOT to out-damage the enemy(well scouts/hunter maybe). Their job is to simply....outlast them....

SoM, WH, IP, Purge, PD, FZ, battler etc. Works towards that goal, personally I use LW's for potentially damage, but Malice (blades) can do it aswell(even BMF)...

Oh well... its all just my oppinion... Do what you feel best :m00:

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Poli said:
Purge > IP, imo...
What use is IP when you have potentially: Stun, poisons, dot-mine, ws/con debuff, LW debuff and/or malice debuff coming after you?
Purge will, well timed, rid you of any of these effects, and most likely save more hp's than IP will....

Purge > aug str/dex/mop, imo...
Same as above, Purge will save your ass, and get you kills, more often than your aug passives will imo xD (reason further down)

No purge, Purge1, Purge2 or purge3? Well its really up to you... I run with Purge 2 at RR5, not planning to change it to purge 3 anytime soon, as rangers have so much good stuff to get :p

Anyways, as long as you know why you are doing, what you are doing and what it does... Then any choice can be arguably a right choice, depends on what you think is best...

I think you should make up your own mind, true, advices can be good and necessary, but in the end... you should follow you own intuition!

Now my advice;
Well its not really an advice, more like a way of looking on your own private little melee ranger (elfs excluded :p, they are too tall :( ).

A melee ranger ofc has to do as much dmg as possibly on the opposing player, but when fighting a single stealther enemy, a rangers job is NOT to out-damage the enemy(well scouts/hunter maybe). Their job is to simply....outlast them....

SoM, WH, IP, Purge, PD, FZ, battler etc. Works towards that goal, personally I use LW's for potentially damage, but Malice (blades) can do it aswell(even BMF)...

Oh well... its all just my oppinion... Do what you feel best :m00:

Purge however has a weakness when speaking poisons, a good assasin will merely reapply in 2 swings and there you go back to basics...

Run pd 4-5 backed up by rf armour vs. leather and mostly resist tables in your favour you'll find yourself outdamaging assasins later on :p

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
I like purge 1
Dumbo assassins see circle animation and drop dot mine and reapply
a few seconds later animation completes and they dont even notice :)

Stasi

Loyal Freddie
Galid said:
Purge = GOD ! (and no i dont mean good)

I have purge3 on my ranger..

if i was rr4 id have purge3 on my ranger...

Purge makes casters free rps. with that u will get rr5 in no time.

Ip2 is wicked. but id still take purge over it any day

i would follow this any day on my ranger if i ever play him again,

purge3> all

its up almoust each fight and galid and gear know what they talk about

shermi

Fledgling Freddie
r4= ip 2 purge 1 mos 3, never go with purge 2 (15 min recast and 15 points) or 1 or 3 :p.

P.D 3, never less, 4 if wanna try tanks.

Mop sucks for rangers

Aug str sucks for rangers

AoM for reaply assasins.

and straff no need more for the win =).

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
I'm with habe here.. Pd 3 min, preferable 4+...

Although having:
aug str 2.
Aom 2-3

Is a nice addition later on... not to mention FA one if you fancy a bit of kiting.

Never was a fan of purge 3, especially not anywhere below the rr7 mark...It's too many points spend on an effect something could give you for 25 less ra points imo.

PS. After trying BMF I can easily conclude it's utterly shite when playing stealth hunters, awesome against tanks... but completely crap compared to malice/cl/lw's against assasins... The slow swing speed + garrote / AH combo = tut tut...

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
May I remind to the ones supporting PD that the few decent assassins left out there will rape you with spirit/matter weapons.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Hence why we back it up with aom 2-3 + cl resists normally.

deez

Fledgling Freddie
MoC3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Craft

Fledgling Freddie
trying to work out RA's for a pure sniper spec ranger at RR5+ anyone got experience with this?

Craft

Fledgling Freddie
was looking at the RA calculator and came up with this for:

RR5: Raven Ardent (R5 L0) Realm Points: 513,500
Total Points: 40 Unused Points: 0

(1) Augmented Strength +4 str
(3) Augmented Dexterity +22 dex
[Good starting bonus to dex]
(4) Falcon's Eye +27 % chance of bow critical [27% chance to crit isnt bad]
(2) Mastery of Stealth +10%/175 movement speed / unit stealth detection while stealthed
[Nuff said, pretty much standard?]
(1) Ignore Pain +20 % heal, anytime, 15m RUT
[IP just in case]
(1) Desperate Bowman R5L0 RA: melee bow style 300dmg, 5s stun, 15s no bow or melee for user, 15m RUT
(1) Volley I/II/III/IV Class Ability: GT atk 5 arrows at targets in area. 35bow/3shots, 40/4, 45/5, 50/6. 15m RUT
(1) Tireless Class Ability: 1 endurance regen per tick. All classes w/ lvl 15 styles

RR7: Thunderer (R7 L0) Realm Points: 1,755,250
Total Points: 60 Unused Points: 0

(1) Augmented Strength +4 str
(1) Augmented Constitution +4 con
(2) Augmented Dexterity +12 dex
[dropped some dex in favour for IP2 and Falcon's Eye 5]
(1) Augmented Quickness +4 qui
(5) Falcon's Eye +39 % chance of bow critical
[39% chance to crit worth the points for a bow specced ranger i think]
(2) Mastery of Stealth +10%/175 movement speed / unit stealth detection while stealthed
(2) Ignore Pain +50 % heal, anytime, 15m RUT
[If needed, should keep me alive for a bit]
(1) Desperate Bowman R5L0 RA: melee bow style 300dmg, 5s stun, 15s no bow or melee for user, 15m RUT
(1) Volley I/II/III/IV Class Ability: GT atk 5 arrows at targets in area. 35bow/3shots, 40/4, 45/5, 50/6. 15m RUT
(1) Tireless Class Ability: 1 endurance regen per tick. All classes w/ lvl 15 styles

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Gear said:
May I remind to the ones supporting PD that the few decent assassins left out there will rape you with spirit/matter weapons.

not me!!!!!! ;)
my resists are great

resists.JPG

Bondoila

Fledgling Freddie
Purge is a most.
However stay purge1 until really high rr. Purge should be used to remove venom, and purge1 is enuff until you can afford purge3.
purge1,mos3,ip2 then get pd3 as min.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom