R.I.P Scout?

A

Arnor

Originally posted by rure
Who speccs a char in a way that isnt powerful? I think that is called gimping

your misunderstanding, not being powerful isnt the same as not being uber. there are lots of specs, gimp specs are crap, theres a difference. But as long as your happy with your char, who are other ppl to say anything?

R

rure

Originally posted by Arnor2
your misunderstanding, not being powerful isnt the same as not being uber. there are lots of specs, gimp specs are crap, theres a difference. But as long as your happy with your char, who are other ppl to say anything?

aha

/slaps myself

B

belth

Originally posted by loxleyhood
What is that exploit in df btw, not that I would ever do such a thing of course. >cough<

Propably shooting people that zone in, etc.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

I believe the bug was that you could shot from one room into the next room, or something similar. Giving ample time to kill of a mob before it would reach you. But not 100% sure on that.
Longshot and volley do not require LoS I believe.
Regards, Glottis

T

Tranquil-

Aye.. some gits camped in another room out of /face range and was volleying through walls on other people.. I understand volley being disabled. But Longshot? It requires LOS so how that can be exploited I dunno.. You can't chain it either..

L

loxleyhood

Surely it would have been better to just ban the players in question rather than disable the entire 14 point abilities!!!

B

bishibosh

Originally posted by necromancia
The problem most people are not willing to try: they only want the combo that is the most powerful.

Most scouts have been willing to try, and try, and try and try andtryandtryandtry etc, i've taken to spamming any scouts i grp with with my reaver trying to save them their time lvling it, but in the end none listen, as they're "good in bg, and thats rvr, so why not main rvr", god i hate it when people say that.

D

DeaD GuRu

yeah

i just wonder why they nerv things,

they say scouts are overpowered etc..
they say necros are overpowered etc...

personally i don't think the game itselfe hasn't got much to do with it. But hey who am i :)

as i see it the only reason why they break down a class or realm is to keep server occupation to a maximum. Devide the number of ppl over the three realm.

By tearing down ppl's favorite playing classes, ppl get discusted, move to other realm or something. Just an artificial way to try to keep the number of ppl balanced in the realms i guess.

There is not one reason why some classes, as scouts in this topic, should be nerved. Although the fear must exists to see 100 scouts in rvr.

hey, this is just a thaught. Lets all create scouts anyway, PL em and deploy hundreds of scouts in rvr :)))

joke

edit: typos

D

Dyst-of-HB

People who haven't exped a scout to 50 + done some rvr should really stfu about balance, that goes double for the "I played one for 2 hours last night and it was kind of fun" people who borrow a scout for the weekend and think they have a clue.

A

Arnor

Re: yeah

Originally posted by Mr Ironheart
i just wonder why they nerv things,

they say scouts are overpowered etc..
they say necros are overpowered etc...

personally i don't think the game itselfe hasn't got much to do with it. But hey who am i :)

as i see it the only reason why they break down a class or realm is to keep server occupation to a maximum. Devide the number of ppl over the three realm.

By tearing down ppl's favorite playing classes, ppl get discusted, move to other realm or something. Just an artificial way to try to keep the number of ppl balanced in the realms i guess.

There is not one reason why some classes, as scouts in this topic, should be nerved. Although the fear must exists to see 100 scouts in rvr.

hey, this is just a thaught. Lets all create scouts anyway, PL em and deploy hundreds of scouts in rvr :)))

joke

edit: typos

either put down the crackpipe, or pass it over dude.

You really, honestly, deeply, truly think that they are nerfing classes to fix pop-issues? :D

This is, BY FAR the silliest explanation for nerfs I've ever been honored with reading, grats! :hat:

Its even so silly, I wont bother to say why

A

Arnor

Re: ...

Originally posted by Dyst-of-HB
People who haven't exped a scout to 50 + done some rvr should really stfu about balance, that goes double for the "I played one for 2 hours last night and it was kind of fun" people who borrow a scout for the weekend and think they have a clue.

AND ppl who rolled an archer after 1.50(or whatever) should PLEASE stfu and foad and all that.

You had your 5minutes of fame, archers totally DOMINATED rvr early on, it wasnt even funny.

Now you are a bit more gimp then I'd like you to be, but mythic prolly think you have some repentance to do ;)

K

kinadold

A buffed scout do 250 dam, using best arrows on a tank,
considering ur hit rate against pbt/miss/fumbles, u might hit
1 out of 8, or doing 250 dam each 30 sec. That is if ur not
interrupted.

250 dam is was zerkers do offhand each 3 sec Arnor, so plz
get a brain and try not to be such a noob.

T

Tranquil-

Re: Re: ...

AND ppl who rolled an archer after 1.50(or whatever) should PLEASE stfu and foad and all that.

You had your 5minutes of fame, archers totally DOMINATED rvr early on, it wasnt even funny.

Was that post merely post farming, Arnor? Seems like it atleast.

People have too fucking many opinions about stuff they have little to no clue about. Dyst is right about that.

And about 'Mr Ironheart's' post, he DID say 'joke' at the end of the post, even though it wasn't funny.

M

medowind

Thing is scouts aren’t scouts, they are marksmen / assassins a scout shouldn’t have crit or anything like that, why would something designed to be at the front of a group have the ability to snipe things? If I recall scouts are ment to come back alive and aid in melee when the army marches on the recognisance information

I say make the fumble/miss rates what they always were (basically never), remove critshot add something like point blank shot not on a timer however keep the relative ranged damage, give them chain/large shields (this does screw up the whole studded leather economy of Albion though ;p) however this does make them bare a striking resemblance to mercenaries (possibly who you should be blaming for all the scouts fallings ;p)

Or make them marksmen remove spec able shield give them a proper archery line allowing % increases to hit parts of the body and possibly envenom, keep fumble rates but remove missing almost entirely (you a professional not some common armsmen/mercenarie scum ;p), also just to make it fit switch there epics to the guild of shadows. (move cabbalist to the academy and move minstrels to defenders)

Just some ideas but not matter how good/silly they are they don’t listen to anyone but the Americans :p

Basically what I am saying is the class itself doesn’t know what it is or what its role in rvr/pve is anymore, either of the above makes it clear what they are and what they do, meaning they can nurf accordingly ;p

but if a wizard is allowed to do 300 damage every 3 seconds why cant a scout hit for 200 every 4 seconds……

(sorry long post got carried away and a bit of topic :p)

N

noaim

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu

And if the scouts feel like complaining about their class, we will do so, no need for you to read Albion board, now is there?
Regards, Glottis

Hehe, and you have never whined on the rvr discussion board, now have you?

D

DeaD GuRu

Now you are a bit more gimp then I'd like you to be, but mythic prolly think you have some repentance to do ;)

All SAY IT ARSENOR2 , is a TWAT!!

D

DeaD GuRu

Originally posted by medowind

but if a wizard is allowed to do 300 damage every 3 seconds why cant a scout hit for 200 every 4 seconds……

(sorry long post got carried away and a bit of topic :p)

how about the buffed wizards??? i think with two simple dex buffs, the DD is even LOTS faster then an arrows + range is huge also.
But let's not put wizards in the spotlight to much or the next thing THEY will nerv is a wizards, then they prolly will only be able to be the free Rp's in rvr so some middies can score a bit of RP's

BTW , has anyone tested a full CON stat capped wizards + ablative procs on all armour pieces in RVR??? i would like to know more about that :)

S

skile

Originally posted by necromancia
That seems just weak =/ I mean, there are always different ways to play a character. Even the scout must still have possibilities. The problem most people are not willing to try: they only want the combo that is the most powerful.

Huh? :) The scouts out there have different specs. Some are ~40-45 LB, some have 48 lb etc. Some have high stealth, some have low etc. Comparing, they all sux.

G

greenfingers

Originally posted by kinadold
A buffed scout do 250 dam, using best arrows on a tank,
considering ur hit rate against pbt/miss/fumbles, u might hit
1 out of 8, or doing 250 dam each 30 sec. That is if ur not
interrupted.

250 dam is was zerkers do offhand each 3 sec Arnor, so plz
get a brain and try not to be such a noob.

can't be said often enough:

Scout's need to be de-nerfed!!!!

Miss rate : down to 15%
Fumble rate : down to only 5% (if 100% bow, else it's a ½% a lvl ex. 40 bow at lvl 50 fumble rate= 5%+10x½ = 10% ... lvl 24 (bg1) 20 bow 5%+4x½= 7%)

if this goes through, it will mean that most scout's/ranger/archer will hit more often, doing more dmg, and be USEFULL for once in atleast a year in RvR!!!

J

Jergiot

arnor are u fucking retarded? just cause scouts owned pre 1.50 its ok that they suck ass now? come on, not even a retarded mid like u can belive that....

S

StormriderX

Bm/mercs have been gimped since release - it has taken them till 1.62 to do anything about it. Therefore with that kind of track record, scouts are gonna have a long long long wait before they get any semblence of loving...

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by old.shotgunstow
bukkake.gif

Gross...

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by Conchabar
lol haven't u guys deleted ure scouts yet?:) <yer i got mine to 50 to and decided we were to gimped to compete>

i deleted mine best thing i ever did now enjoying playing a sb kicking scouts asses etc god see hidden roxers:)

You mean you weren't uber enough so rerolled and went to mid...how original :D

O

old.LandShark

what the HELL is wrong with you?

they fixed an EXPLOIT, its not a FUCKING NERF, OK?

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Goddamn, you pussies whine about EVERYTHING. You had your day, just like casters, assassins and zerkers.

(and NO im not saying that archers are not in need of help, but ffs! get a fricking grip)

I find it amusing you used the past tense for zerkers

S

StormriderX

Originally posted by bracken_woodman

omfg you're a villa fan too - stlong

/salute

(referring to siggy)

B

belth

Originally posted by old.LandShark
I find it amusing you used the past tense for zerkers

Someone killed him I guess, so he deduced from that zerkers suck now already :p

N

nightsorrow

Originally posted by bracken_woodman

he was indeed, not uber enough:p:p

A

Arnor

Re: Re: Re: ...

Originally posted by Jergiot
arnor are u fucking retarded? just cause scouts owned pre 1.50 its ok that they suck ass now? come on, not even a retarded mid like u can belive that....

and if you READ what I posted, I said that they were a bit too gimp now, guess that retarded albs dont know how to read, just how to zerg :rolleyes:

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Re: Re: Re: Re: ...

and if you READ what I posted, I said that they were a bit too gimp now, guess that retarded albs dont know how to read, just how to zerg :rolleyes:

Oh yes, that is nice, coming from a Mid....
I just hope Zerkers get nerfed for 50% of how scouts get nerfed. I guess Anal2 is such a sheepshagger he will reroll into the next uber class.
Regards, Glottis

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by StormriderX
omfg you're a villa fan too - stlong

/salute

(referring to siggy)

yeah, Villa fan AND s/s armsman - I must have something seriously wrong with me :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom