R.I.P Scout?

J

Jergiot

ok this will be my last scout whine topic thingy.
but i see on camelotherald what they plan on wanking with on pendragon 1.62. i mean seriously, come on :[

i dont want a scout change in 1.64 when no1 plays this game anymore, i want it now damn it.

C

Cronn

Yes I hope they wank on Scouts during this patch.

K

Kagato.

Been playing with a friends scout lately when bored and I actually kinda enjoy it.

/shrug

Not exactly versatile but if left unchecked during a major conflict can dish out some nasty long range damage and give the nukers a serious headache.

S

skile

"- Longshot and Volley have been disabled in Darkness Falls to prevent exploits."

Taken from 1.61B patchnote.

This sentence says one thing about Mythics attitude towards ESP scout (rangers get better and hunters have gotten better). Mythic rather nerf the archers than to fix it's problems. I mean, disabling 14points RA which can be well used during PvE events in DF is a great nerf.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

According to Oaklief scouts are number one on the improvement list, but they give no timeline.
You can check it here
I don't feel we will get anything anytime soon. Might try an inf in the bg1, but that will be it. Don't feel like paying much more cash to Mythic :(
Regards, Glottis

G

greenfingers

MYTHIC sucks, that's a fact .. nerfing Scouts should never had happend :(

O

old.shotgunstow

Originally posted by Cronn
Yes I hope they wank on Scouts during this patch.

bukkake.gif

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

That is so disgusting Shotgun person! Ew, ew and EW!

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by greenfingers
MYTHIC sucks, that's a fact .. nerfing Scouts should never had happend :(

The range and stealth combo was overpowered back in the days when most casters did not yet have bt, but see hidden is taking the piss. Don't mind having to wait 15 sec to stealth after an attack instead of 10, but remove see hidden. There are way too many assasins in this game to justify having see hidden, or a 10 min timer on camo.
Regards, Glottis

G

greenfingers

I agree on the See Hidden Glottis ! :)

going to the Albion Milegate in Emain now a days is a risk of life :(

My gimped Scout has 8+xx Stealth (lvl43 now) and I ain't going NO WHERE with him till lvl 47+

L

loxleyhood

I've started an alt......... took me a year but I've given up and started an alt............. scout not retired, but he will be if changes don't occour soonish.

C

Conchabar

Originally posted by loxleyhood
I've started an alt......... took me a year but I've given up and started an alt............. scout not retired, but he will be if changes don't occour soonish.

lol haven't u guys deleted ure scouts yet?:) <yer i got mine to 50 to and decided we were to gimped to compete>

i deleted mine best thing i ever did now enjoying playing a sb kicking scouts asses etc god see hidden roxers:)

R

Rei-Ki

gonna leave my scout at 24 for now but i have to say, i had a real blast in bg1 with her

A

Arnor

Originally posted by skile
"- Longshot and Volley have been disabled in Darkness Falls to prevent exploits."

Taken from 1.61B patchnote.

This sentence says one thing about Mythics attitude towards ESP scout (rangers get better and hunters have gotten better). Mythic rather nerf the archers than to fix it's problems. I mean, disabling 14points RA which can be well used during PvE events in DF is a great nerf.

what the HELL is wrong with you?

they fixed an EXPLOIT, its not a FUCKING NERF, OK?

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Goddamn, you pussies whine about EVERYTHING. You had your day, just like casters, assassins and zerkers.

(and NO im not saying that archers are not in need of help, but ffs! get a fricking grip)

N

necromancia

Well, I admit that the Scout has been weakened with the see Hidden stuff, but IMHO that makes him all the more enjoyable to play: after all, what's a game without a challenge? :)

I'm even thinking about making a scout next, just to prove they can still be lethal :)

D

dimerian

That just means you havent played much rvr with stealther then necromancia.

N

necromancia

You don't seem to understand what I mean.

It must still be possible to play a stealther in RVR. It's a lot more difficult, I admit, but if you play it well, it's probably still a good class. :)

L

loxleyhood

What is that exploit in df btw, not that I would ever do such a thing of course. >cough<

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by Arnor2

Goddamn, you pussies whine about EVERYTHING. You had your day, just like casters, assassins and zerkers.

(and NO im not saying that archers are not in need of help, but ffs! get a fricking grip)

If you would get an int buff, you would understand that Mythic could have tried to improve the coding so that those cheats would not work, but instead they took the easy way out.
Seems odd that Necro get patched right away, while enchanter pets are not patched (was completely different coding, etc according to Mythic, who did admit enchanter pets were bugged).

And if the scouts feel like complaining about their class, we will do so, no need for you to read Albion board, now is there?
Regards, Glottis

S

skile

Originally posted by Arnor2

They didn't fix it, hallo? Wake up! they DISABLED it.. That's not a fix. How good isn't a longshot in at raids? :)

S

skile

Originally posted by necromancia
You don't seem to understand what I mean.

It must still be possible to play a stealther in RVR. It's a lot more difficult, I admit, but if you play it well, it's probably still a good class. :)

A challenge? It's not a challenge, see hidden is just there.

N

necromancia

Originally posted by skile
A challenge? It's not a challenge, see hidden is just there.

That seems just weak =/ I mean, there are always different ways to play a character. Even the scout must still have possibilities. The problem most people are not willing to try: they only want the combo that is the most powerful.

R

rure

Originally posted by necromancia
That seems just weak =/ I mean, there are always different ways to play a character. Even the scout must still have possibilities. The problem most people are not willing to try: they only want the combo that is the most powerful.

Who speccs a char in a way that isnt powerful? I think that is called gimping

L

loxleyhood

I really don't think its impossible to solo a scout nowadays, even if you take buffs out of the equation. E.g My group was just at mmg when we were wiped by LA, I stealthed, and using the trees (much more effective than Camo can ever be) I managed to get to the other side of mmg, where I just watched for a while, reporting in cg.

Now, much to my amusement, along comes 2fg of middies which proptly mezz nearly all the hibs, and start spanking them. Ready to leech some rp, I moved closer. Just as I was about to attack I was jumped by a sb who (god bless him) didn't appear to be buffed.

I blocked his first attack, which is worthy of a thread in itself.
On my fourth attempt I landed slam and tried to walk away at 10% health.

In the time it took me to miss 3 times and slam once the sb got me down to 10% health. Ablatives went off twice too.

Needless to say another sb finished me off as I limped away.

Its the whole psychological issue really. If an assasin jumps me the best I can hope for is a timely Alb zerg, slam isn't reliable enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom