Qw

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Where can I get the original Quake? Been looking around, but can't seem to find it anywhere. :(

Chameleon

Fledgling Freddie
You can get it in some bumper Q1 and Q2 or even Q3 too boxed set type effort from many computer game stores. It's fairly cheap I think. Try 'Game' .... my local one has it, as did WHS iirc.

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Woo, just borrowed the CD off a friend.

... That's ok, right? I did buy the game, but my disc is scratched up like it's been trying to nick Thor's underpants in the middle of Ragnarok.

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
so theres now no excuse for you lot to join in on some Creeper CTF at night on qw.teczone.net :)

last night was a giggle once we got it working :D

Chameleon

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah I installed quake1 again last night, got fuhquake and creeper too ......... so as soon as I get some time off from wrapping presents, i'll be there :)

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Bleh, gimme links to download all this stuff :)

Quakeworld, Creeper CTF, etc.

Chameleon

Fledgling Freddie
tRoG said:
Bleh, gimme links to download all this stuff :)

Quakeworld, Creeper CTF, etc.
You can get the Q1 patches and QW files from the 'files' section on game.net site. Can't be more specific as work firewalled it :/
http://www.fuhquake.net/ has the fuhquake stuff. This is new to me, but looks really nice :)
I hope creeper has grapple turned on ........ I miss the grapple monkey moves!!! I don't think I remember creeper the first time around, but it does look a bit like another mod with runes in it ....... I think it had a can of beans ...

A

ACME-Reb

pah! software ruled, didnt it?

Cor, funky lightinng in QW
I played every clan game in software mode and couldn't see why anyone would use GL, i mean it was so slow and not as acurate... then a few years later, after the clan games had stopped and finding an FFA server was really hard, i got a TNT card.

OK i was wrong.

Havent played QW for ages, if someone organised an old timers FFA server or clan match i'd be there with rusty bells on!

Reb (clan ACME)

Pro]v[etheus

Fledgling Freddie
Help a Quake newb please

Hi guys, I installed Quake 1 then i installed Fuhquake and various other Quake related bits but am having problems:

1. When i open Fuhquake i get a message saying 'W_LoadWadFile: couldn't load gfx.wad'

2. I get the same with QuakeWorld

3. Where do i unzip Creepers to ?

All help greatly appreciated

Luribomb

Fledgling Freddie
long time ago, but from my point of view, you're missing gfx.wad :p Maybe try a search on your computer, it could be in the wrong directories

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Played Creeper with another five guys last night...

It rocked very muchly :)

(I didn't, I got 0 on most maps)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
qw.teczone.net password doesnt seem to be needed, but its set to "moo" if it is.

Never played QW before, great fun. Now if only it was a little less ugly looking...

weevil

Fledgling Freddie
I'm enjoying the qw rating for this forum section, just wondering, is there any option to make more of the qw servers using the teczone connection/box? cos creeper isnt the best qw mod out there tbh, standard tdms/ra/ca are just as good :clap:

vij

Fledgling Freddie
rocket arena is a must! :) (no not clan arena u dm3 spam monkeys, rocket arena!)

weevil

Fledgling Freddie
we also need shit loads of new maps cos there is just GIGS of custom maps, i like the q3 maps such as q3dm6 made for qw, tis good

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Titan2, UK2, Tight !

(Not fragtown camp-fest :eek: )

oppy

Fledgling Freddie
weevil: I've put up a couple of ktpro servers at 212.42.1.216:27500 and 212.78.71.83:27500 - good for duels/2v2 and 3v3/4v4/10v10 on the second server, and also (organised) ffas. I might be able to put up a ffa server if there is enough interest but to be honest ffa servers in uk have never been worthwhile - there's a perfectly good (and importantly always busy) server in holland called "xs4all ffa" (194.109.6.220:27500).

Those ktpro servers have all of the old ukqw favourite maps such as the ukool, ukcldm, qffl and ukpak series

s8n

Fledgling Freddie
Big game

If you're interested in playing in a reunion game then drop your details down below.

Jopasc

Fledgling Freddie
vij said:
rocket arena is a must! :) (no not clan arena u dm3 spam monkeys, rocket arena!)

DM3 is imprinted on my retina's from too much Clan Arena on DM3, bring Clan Arena back!!

N

Nuggy

s8n?

s8n? Buzz? you're shitting me?

btw Chameleon, the mod with a can of beans and fuck loads of great stuff was 'pain keep' it was hella fun. Never played creeper.....

Alex

:kissit:

Lizardking

Fledgling Freddie
ew. I got about 75 SPF (seconds per frame) in painkeep. Just had a 1 v 1 game though on 2 towers (ctf2m6 - fk me thats a big old map) with creeper mod (ninja rune a must).

I decree today that creeper is the best mod that ever lived, and its a crime that its inventor missed out on the new years honours list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom