QW Liason

M

Mr_Horus

As you may or may not know, I am now the QW liason.
Someone, they know who they are, has requested me to do something about zqwsv/ktpro/ra :D
What does everyone else think about it?
Personally, i would rather not change the server at all unless it was to Quakeforge Server.
Even then, I have spoken to Deathace in the past about it and he takes the 'if it aint broke...' attitude, which is fair enough as QWSV *IS* tried and tested.

Anyway, thoughts here folks and if you want me on IRC, catch me in #barrysworld or #bwadmins with the nick as Mr_Horus.

C

cosmos

FINALLY an active QW'er is appointed.
Great.
*cough* :rolleyes:
hi.

O

oldman

DEFINETELY get a seperate rocket arena server from the current clan arena one and put zqwsv on both so its possible to bunny with greater than 50 fips.

A few changes to the bw ffa map cycle would be good also, removing ultrav etc.

And add some rcon holders to help sort servers out now and again e.g. oppy, hangtime, dynamic

C

cosmos

tbh
rags gave Deathace his list of requests about..
2+ months ago.
Maybe you could ask about them ever being done.

O

oldman

FFA2 having watervis 1 to make it diff to FFA1 :p

O

old.Chunkmonster

Basewalk would be nice on the duel servers. Far better than that Aerowalk nonsense.

M

Mr_Horus

I like ultrav :(

About a Rocket Arena server. Who would be for it?
I mean, not much point making one of there isnt going to be much of a demand for it.

O

oldman

as i said replace one of the unused CTF or QWTF servers as they are just empty 24/7

O

oldman

but use zqwsv for the ra server otherwise you cant bunny on 72 fips (mern)

C

cosmos

Would also be nice to have a KTpro server, advanced version of Kteams.
#ktpro on quakenet

O

oldman

ktpro + q1_q3dm6 or q1_q3dm17 + rail = lots of fun

O

oldman

[19:50]
  1. any ETA on those maps Horus mailed you about being put up?
    [19:50] <Deathace> some point this week

\o/

O

old.andy0r

"and remove all those muny maps cos they are just a waste of space"

If you touch a single muny i will start world war III and this time we will win because we have a real goal

O

old.[MPC]gaz

yes

oi i remember my forum username

LEAVE THE FKING MUNIES ALONE

O

old.[MPC]gaz

ooho

put arena back on the servers pls, that was a superb dmm4 map

O

old.venturer01

mmmmmmmmmm qw. is the qw - ctf server still running should have my modem this weekend back to hpb nightmare city no q3 for me - see u with the flag and quad smoking - anybody fancy a ctf game this weekend for fun and this time like the last 2 times nobody change the barrysworld ctf server ip on the friday afternoon.

ta well spoted it's smoking not smokin

O

old.derv

And put back tight.bsp on all the duel servers fs. I miss that map :(

(and keep the munies, their superb)

O

old.Class

Dont know if u can do anything about this but its that damn lag that the duel servers all get these days :( if u fixed that it would be rockin :)
about maps i deffo go for amphithearter or how ever u spell it :)
k cyas

Class

O

old.Yeti

Arf, take ultrav, aerowalk and z5 off ffa, and i will be one very happy bunny.

O

old.[MPC]gaz

oi

aerowalk rocks hard, makes a change to not have some bastid who can't play without quad down in mid table while someone with some actualy skill can make a decent challenge :eek:

z5 is wank. ultrav rocks tho!

O

old.Yeti

Sorry, not sure where i see the skill aspect in aerowalk. Camp the ra area and shaft people, lowest ping usually wins. Surely having a quad on a map gives it a goal, and puts people on a much more level plateau, regardless of ping. Actually shows who can count to 30 and who is there only to camp. I can live with ultrav, as its quick and cheerful, if a little chaotic. Wouldnt go as far as to say it rocks though :)

C

cosmos

aerowalk sucks
ultrav owns
z5 sucks

I never use the ffa, but neither does gaz
MAKE MY OPINION COUNT dsssssssffggggggggg

O

oldman

any ETA on when this will all be done, i wanna play ra :p

M

Mr_Horus

If Deathace keeps his word the map changes should be on the servers by now.
As for RA, i'll have another word with Deathace if i can on monday, tho ill be very busy with Uni stuff, get this:
On friday i recieved 2 letters.
One from UCAS saying Heriot-Watt had changed my offer and do i either accept this or decline it and take my insurance offer from Napier.
And the second letter was...a certificate of acceptance from HW saying i had accepted this unconditional new offer.
Madness :)
I have to post the UCAS slip away on Monday and phone up HW and see whats happening.

Beurocracy anyone? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom