Quotes

Dweller

Fledgling Freddie
Not sure if this is possible, but what do people think to the idea of limiting the amount of lines you can quote, say max of something linke 5 lines or so ?

The idea behind it being that it's really annoying for someone to quote a large post just to tag a one line comment on the bottom.

Most people with enough common sense or courtesy just quote a couple of meaningful lines, but there are those that either can't be arsed or don't care (or both) and insist on quoting the whole lot just to tag a smiley or something on the bottom.

For those people who want to make replies to several parts of a large post, it might mean them having to do multiple quotes, but that's not exactly a lot of work if you're trying to get a point across.

Just an idea, I do a lot more reading than posting here, and I suspect there are probably others who do the same, and this would just make things that little bit easier for us :D

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Automatically stripping out images from quotes is a good start.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Dweller said:
For those people who want to make replies to several parts of a large post, it might mean them having to do multiple quotes, but that's not exactly a lot of work if you're trying to get a point across.
Actually I'd say it's a heck of a lot of work in text editing. If I get the chance I'll see if it's possible to provide the same option for posts that is currently there for signatures (i.e. option to display or exclude
tags) however as my home PC is currently wankered (*sigh*) this may take me a while to find out.

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
xane said:
Automatically stripping out images from quotes is a good start.
I was thinking exactly the same thing, especially when reading through the 'babe of the day' thread and people have quoted the same pictures repeatedly. Now I realise I don't have to dl the picture multiple times but it's so f**king annoying as it uses up loads of space and one page of the thread can take about six weeks to scroll through!*

*may be an exaggeration

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Jonaldo said:
I was thinking exactly the same thing, especially when reading through the 'babe of the day' thread and people have quoted the same pictures repeatedly. Now I realise I don't have to dl the picture multiple times but it's so f**king annoying as it uses up loads of space and one page of the thread can take about six weeks to scroll through!*

Try using two hands :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom