Football Quota's

tierk

Part of the furniture
Seems that there will be some sort of attempt at Quota's for football.

BBC SPORT | Football | Europe | Fifa votes for foreign quota plan

Personally think that the whole idea of quotas in sport is retarded and should be fought tooth and nail.

Discuss and please keep it flame free and away from "oh your an Arsenal / Chelsea fan so off course you will be against this" type of posts.

Marc

FH is my second home
It is illegal and therefore will never happen.

A total non starter

tierk

Part of the furniture

A total non starter

Laws can be changed and believe it or not FIFA does have quite a lot of clout and i have read a few articles over the last couple of years stating that exceptions should be made for football.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
It should be brought in ASAP. The state of the Premiership especially is an absolute disgrace. If they bring it in in 5 years like they plan too it gives everyone time to prepare as well.

It's going to be difficult to stop people from the EU playing abroad under the laws, but anyone from outside the EU can just be refused a work permit which is perfectly legal.

tierk

Part of the furniture
It should be brought in ASAP. The state of the Premiership especially is an absolute disgrace......

Have to say i like the PL as it is - top the pile - and i cant understand why people point to the PL as a case in point when it is patently clear that it is the best league in the world.

When you say
It's going to be difficult to stop people from the EU playing abroad under the laws......

Do you mean abroad from their individual countries within the EU or outside the EU totally?

but anyone from outside the EU can just be refused a work permit which is perfectly legal.

Its already hard as fuck to get permits for players from outside the EU to come and play - in England at least.

Vladamir

FH is my second home

A total non starter

It's illegal against EU regulations as you can't give preference to those of a given nationality - although i think FIFA were planning to work within the regulations somehow.

That said - if they intend on doing this then the entire grass roots system needs reworking as it's utter shit currently. Granted it mainly effects the top teams more - how are you supposed to maintain the quality of the league when 120 english players are required to start week in week out. With the state youth and grass roots is in atm, theres no chance of England maintaining their status as the best league in the world.

Can't even imagine what will happen to the price of home-grown talent as well, Darren Bent going for 16m, how bad will it get in 5 years time when they plan to implement this.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Forget the legality this is just a stupidly bad idea and i can only think its being talked about to harm some of Europes top leagues so some of the lesser leagues catch up.

You take the premiership and say you all need 6 English players plus squad for when they are injured. You are telling 200 players who were not good enough that now they are a Premiership player. They say it will help English football because more players will be exposed to the league but by making half the players Championship quality you will be exposing them to a lesser league.

As it stand Man U and Chel$ki may be able to absorb this they both a have a few English stars so will make the gap between them and everyone else bigger.

Marc

FH is my second home
Laws can be changed and believe it or not FIFA does have quite a lot of clout and i have read a few articles over the last couple of years stating that exceptions should be made for football.

I will bet you as much money as you want it will never happen.

Marc

FH is my second home
Forget the legality this is just a stupidly bad idea and i can only think its being talked about to harm some of Europes top leagues so some of the lesser leagues catch up.

You take the premiership and say you all need 6 English players plus squad for when they are injured. You are telling 200 players who were not good enough that now they are a Premiership player. They say it will help English football because more players will be exposed to the league but by making half the players Championship quality you will be exposing them to a lesser league.

As it stand Man U and Chel$ki may be able to absorb this they both a have a few English stars so will make the gap between them and everyone else bigger.

You only think its a bad idea because Arse will be screwed :D

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Dont the Dutch or Italian league have quots on how man foreign players can be fielded?

tierk

Part of the furniture
I will bet you as much money as you want it will never happen.

Why would i want to bet on something happening when i am totally set against the idea. It sucks and will foster mediocre players.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
All it will do is lower the quality of football we see week in week out if you have fringe players in the squad only to make the number of homegrown players up. People moan about the national squad being shit... its not because the players are crap its just they cant play together for shit. England prollbaly has one of the best teams in the world on paper, as we've seen though... it means little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom