Quick warranty question

Gray

FH is my second home
A few years ago i bought a Logitech MX900, it has been a royal champion over the course of the past 2-3 years however about 6 months ago i forgot to charge it one day, and problems started to spiral from that.

It was mainly due to batteries and stuff, ANYWAY i eventually managed to get that sorted out when i bought some Uniross batteries but over the course of the past few weeks the 2 gold plated contacts on the actual mouse [Which touch the charger bit on the Bluetooth hub] started to become VERY hot [To a point it would actually burn your hand]

I got worried, as it was an obvious fire hazard if something went wrong so i kept a close monitor on it - Now ive noticed its not charging up 100% after it says it has done. It might be down to the batteries, but coupled with the heat issues i got into contact with Logitech.

They said it does sound like the mouse is faulty and will replace it - They asked for Proof of purchase and where i got it. Since it was a few years ago i couldnt remember the actual retailer, but ive also noticed that all of my receipts have just vanished... Which is now causing a bit of hassle.

I informed Logitech of this, and i am now awaiting a response as to if they will still replace it or not - Nowhere still stocks this mouse because it is a few years old now, but i need it because its Bluetooth... Checking on the retail websites it says that Logitech has a 5 year warranty - So, do you think they will be fine with this even though i dont have the PoP?

Will update soon as i get some response from them!"

Taa!

Yaka

Part of the furniture
i cracked my mx518, it worked but when i contacted them and they asked where i purchased it from i said local pcw, and i had no receipt to prove i. they sent out a replacement with spec del envelope in which i had to put the broken one in. call them again rather than wait for them to call you. im preety sure theyd fix it

Gray

FH is my second home
Yeah they said they would replace it. Problem though! They said they dont do the MX900 anymore [Which i thought since all the retail stores dont stock them] i was hoping they still did...

They said they can give me the MX1000 Laser mouse... which i guess i have no real option but to accept i and find something else which would help with Bluetooth [Like a Dongle again]

Hm!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I had one of the first Logitech radio mice available (years ago this), and it was excellent until the little slidey feet fell off the base.

Logitech sent me a brand new mouse, free of charge.

Their customer service is really very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom