Quick test on new craftable shields

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Theyre not truly new, since they were available as drops previously. But since the drops were relatively rare (Sidi or Krondon) and in 1 case restricted to certain classes few people have tried them.

Shields sadly never show their speed, but you can get a good idea of how their speeds compare by the damage shield styles do and the endurance usage.

Tested with a reaver (135 qui, no RAs that make any difference) using slam:

Buckler: 243 (5 slams = 10% end remaining)

'old' small shield: 271 (5 slams = 0 end remaining)

Large Round shield: 374 (3 slams = 20% end remaining)

'old' Large Tower shield: 393 (3 slams = 20% end remaining)

Large Block shield: 432 (3 slams = 10% end remaining)

So the difference isnt just purely the looks.

Which you want to use depends what class its for, and what role its playing in group, etc but from this it seems quite a few people will benefit from changing.

Maybe someone else is interested :)

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Mediums? Why bother since you know theyre somewhere in the middle.

The point is to show which shield will allow you to (attempt to) slam multiple opponents faster, or slam an opponent to allow you to use a positional style as quickly as possible afterwards. Higher damage on slam: Slower shield. The endurance remaining shown above is just a rough guide - its far from being accurate.

Its not a huge difference, but if it occasionally lets a reaver land an extra leviathan while their opponent is stunned (for example) its worth the small amount of gold to replace a shield.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Draylor said:
Its not a huge difference, but if it occasionally lets a reaver land an extra leviathan while their opponent is stunned (for example) its worth the small amount of gold to replace a shield.
Or maybe I should think about going the other way. I could (theoretically) kill a buffed ns/ranger/bard/etc in 1 leviathan after slam now (even with 228qui)...

ReaLX

Fledgling Freddie
Pin said:
Or maybe I should think about going the other way. I could (theoretically) kill a buffed ns/ranger/bard/etc in 1 leviathan after slam now (even with 228qui)...
NERF! .... oh wait you're on my side :fluffle:

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Pin said:

Do you think this is possible? :)

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Ilienwyn said:
Do you think this is possible? :)
It's a 1 in a million shot. but yeah, I can do over 1900 damage in slam+levi+spells to a level 50 ns/ranger/bard with 228qui :m00:

(But because it's 1 in a million, I'd rather go for extra speed and reliably do it in 2 levi)

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
Pin said:
It's a 1 in a million shot. but yeah, I can do over 1900 damage in slam+levi+spells to a level 50 ns/ranger/bard with 228qui :m00:

(But because it's 1 in a million, I'd rather go for extra speed and reliably do it in 2 levi)

if he doesnt evade the slam ;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom