Quick Reply

Embattle

FH is my second home
I was just wondering, and making more work for Deebs, if there was a way to make Quick Reply work without having to click the Quick Reply Icon...which sorts of seems to defeat the point a little.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Embattle said:
I was just wondering, and making more work for Deebs, if there was a way to make Quick Reply work without having to click the Quick Reply Icon...which sorts of seems to defeat the point a little.

Yes there is, i can disable the "need to click".

Dunno what it does tho.....

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
If so, does that mean we can reply in thread page rather than clicking through to post?

Would be better, no point having a reply thing at bottom of page that requires you to quote...

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
The reason you have to click is that vB allows a threaded forum view, which needs to know which post you replied to so it can lay them out correctly.

Will

/bin/su
Swift^ said:
If so, does that mean we can reply in thread page rather than clicking through to post?

Would be better, no point having a reply thing at bottom of page that requires you to quote...
You can click the smaller button beside the quote button to reply without having a quote.

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
SheepCow said:
The reason you have to click is that vB allows a threaded forum view, which needs to know which post you replied to so it can lay them out correctly.
Could you not then set the default for a reply to the last post, for when you don't click anything?

But still leave the option wee buttons in the bottom right, for quick reply quotage.

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
Don't ask me, I don't write vB, just happen to use vB3 for my clan :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
Logic would consider that I wanted to quickly reply to the thread I was in at the time...although I've never used threaded view and don't know any one who does and don't see what would cause any problem in that view either, from what I've just seen of it.

/Shrugs

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
Embattle said:
Logic would consider that I wanted to quickly reply to the thread I was in at the time...although I've never used threaded view and don't know any one who does and don't see what would cause any problem in that view either, from what I've just seen of it.

/Shrugs
No no no, not the thread. You click the button for the post, e.g.:
http://www.sc-clan.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1283

Some people like it like that (take a look at the ADSLguide Forums)

edit: Infact right at the very top, if you goto Display Modes and select threaded ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom